Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had any trouble with it at all, and I've definitely had a number of deaths. How is it failing on you, precisely?

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had any trouble with it at all, and I've definitely had a number of deaths. How is it failing on you, precisely?
Um every time I die my stuff is just thrown all about on the ground and usually multiple items disappear even if I cheat and teleport immediately to where I die. Lost all of my botania items on my last death, ring of magnetism, aura ring, sash of the soujourner, etc...I had just barely made it all and lost it all within 15 minutes of making it. I've only had a guardian chest spawn 1 time out of several deaths. I get the little message everytime saying it's holding my stuff...but yeah. It won't be as bad anymore now that I have a couple alchemical bags with soulbind on them, but it's still quite annoying to have brand new full sets of armor and weapons destroyed everytime.

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me where do you find stuff such as netherack and ethereal wisps? The nether has been disabled correct? I have traveled far and wide, up, down, and sideways and have yet to see a single one of these types of items. I can't even start the thaumcraft line of quests until I find a ethereal wisp and i need nether bricks for another quest. Also is there a way to get ink sacs since there are no squids?

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me where do you find stuff such as netherack and ethereal wisps? The nether has been disabled correct? I have traveled far and wide, up, down, and sideways and have yet to see a single one of these types of items. I can't even start the thaumcraft line of quests until I find a ethereal wisp and i need nether bricks for another quest. Also is there a way to get ink sacs since there are no squids?

There are Nether biomes in the cave world, you just need to keep hunting.

Wisp spawn rate is immensely limited for some reason. There's a few ways to address it but the simplest is probably to edit the spawn weights to increase the number of wisps.

Squid ink sacs drop rarely from Lycanite's mobs. Not sure which ones though, I've only ever picked them up by accident.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Tip: To find Nether (and other biomes) open up your map and "scan" with your mouse around the darkness. In an certain radius around you, biomes will be shown at the bottom. If you don't find one, dig in a straight line and then try again.

Also, nether biomes are very nice for easy mining since netherquartz doesn't provoke geonachs.

T

tanukigalpa

I just want to say this is one of my favorite modpacks! I love the way the quest system guides you through each mod. I've only ever used Thaumcraft and a couple others, so learning about these different mods is really fun.

Reactions: BaileyH

HemRoyd

Jul 29, 2019
The Ars Magica dark nexus doesn't seem to work. Mine is in all respects correctly built and connected up via essence conduits and produces no power at all. Mobs are drawn in and held over the dark aurem and that's as far as it goes - they lose no health and just remain there ad infinitum with nothing happening to them other than being held there. I even went so far as to spawn in a cow spawner and put it next to the nexus as a test but passive mobs are as unaffected as hostile ones.
Can someone please look into this and correct it? I can find nothing in the various configs that would seem to account for it, but then I'm probably not knowledgeable enough to find something deeply buried!

Y

yestoanime

is anyone else having a problem with the printing press? i cant copy soulbound 1 books i havnt tried with anything else im using Black Dye as the "ink" since the squid eggs from a different quest didnt spawn any squid

HemRoyd

Jul 29, 2019
is anyone else having a problem with the printing press? i cant copy soulbound 1 books i havnt tried with anything else im using Black Dye as the "ink" since the squid eggs from a different quest didnt spawn any squid

Never used the printing press so can't help with your problem, but I'm beginning to wonder if this modpack is effectively "dead", i.e. no longer being updated.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure Drastic has said the last patch was going to be the final one for this pack.

That said, the printing press issue is probably due to insufficient levels. If I remember right you need over 50 levels to copy a Soulbound 1 tome. Wearing a pair of reading glasses should let you take a look at the press and see the required level to copy.

Y

yestoanime

i figured it out seems the printing press ONLY accepts ink sacs and i got one of the lycanite saltwater mobs to spawn and drop a few for me to emc

Gin-German

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me why the pack is no longer listed? Was it replaced with Simply Magic or why can't I find it anymore?

rypofalem

Jul 29, 2019
For those looking for the pack: It's on the curse launcher now. If you are looking for the server download, open the old FTB launcher, go to 3rd party packs, click "pack codes" and enter "banished" as the code. Then select the modpack and click the Download Server button.

Reactions: Nicolás Granelli