Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

A

axel4340

haven't played minecraft in about a year, and this looks like the perfect pack to get back into it. glad to see the update is rolling out soon.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
haven't played minecraft in about a year, and this looks like the perfect pack to get back into it. glad to see the update is rolling out soon.

I dunno how rusty your minecraft skills are, but be warned, banished is not easy.

@DrasticDemise Ha! I was more talking about the minecraft unstable server your on.

A

axel4340

I dunno how rusty your minecraft skills are, but be warned, banished is not easy.

@DrasticDemise Ha! I was more talking about the minecraft unstable server your on.

exactly what i'm looking for. that and the lack of tech mods, even with packs including gregtech i've always gravitated to tech mods over magic, this gives me no choice but magic.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
exactly what i'm looking for. that and the lack of tech mods, even with packs including gregtech i've always gravitated to tech mods over magic, this gives me no choice but magic.

That sounds like you will use Automagy preferably.

A

axel4340

quick question, if i downloaded the pack now and started would i be able to carry the world i worked on through to the new version? any mods (besides EE) that i would need to avoid before the update? or is it best to just wait for the update?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
quick question, if i downloaded the pack now and started would i be able to carry the world i worked on through to the new version? any mods (besides EE) that i would need to avoid before the update? or is it best to just wait for the update?
The latest version is currently available, but yes.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there's lesser and then there's nothing. At the moment, as far as I can tell, the only reason to do them is being a completionist. (I'm gonna do them anyway, mind you.)

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and a minor PSA to everyone: If you value your server tickrate, do not use a ProjectE stopwatch + dark matter pedestal combo near your Aura Cascade setup. It doesn't appear to actually break anything, but it produces a monstrous amount of lag.

Jul 29, 2019
while i love a challenge now and then, i played this pack for the last 4-5 days and had loads of fun... only thing i really really dislike are the power of the creepers.... nice that you encouter them in caving, but now my base/stash have been blown up 3 times by a creeper that spawned in a lighted area in my base, annoying is that i don`t get the his warning either... rage quit today because just now i got base blown for 3rd time, loosing everything in the resulting fire...

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
while i love a challenge now and then, i played this pack for the last 4-5 days and had loads of fun... only thing i really really dislike are the power of the creepers.... nice that you encouter them in caving, but now my base/stash have been blown up 3 times by a creeper that spawned in a lighted area in my base, annoying is that i don`t get the his warning either... rage quit today because just now i got base blown for 3rd time, loosing everything in the resulting fire...

Reminder to everyone: Every x day, monsters ignore light conditions. That's why cobbleslabs are your best friend!

Restarted the pack, im shocked on how much shadow ore i suddenly find!

Oh and @DrasticDemise just that you know, this is my favorite modpack, and from a critics perspective the second best after regrowth! I'm looking foward towards the 1.8 magic modpacks you will create, too!

Reactions: BaileyH
Jul 29, 2019
damn, should have thought about slabs!!... just started a new world... seems that the world gen generates the exact same world each time, is that correct?

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
damn, should have thought about slabs!!... just started a new world... seems that the world gen generates the exact same world each time, is that correct?

It shouldn't be. I'll have to check when I get home, but if it IS generating the same world over and over I think I might have a fix.

Jul 29, 2019
i keep getting the same world no matter what i do... actually last generation was without dirt in the spawn location. but still the same caves....

btw is there any way to get a quarry going (or something similar) i have a very hard time finding ores...

Jul 29, 2019
Hello modpack builder, apart from it being a great modpack, there is one mod i was missing, Regrowth has a mod installed which lets you keep track of aura nodes (thaumcraft) it shows a list of all nodes scanned and shows you an Arrow into the direction where they are.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
The "modpack builder" is @DrasticDemise . While that nodetracker thingy is nice, we get quite a few nodes from quest rewards + we can make our own nodes if we wish so. And securing nodes in the caves is another story altogether.

Speaking of which, did anyone ever get an hungry node from those randomly generated nodes (aka the quest rewards)?

The closest to a quarry is the one from thaumcraft. I don't use it, since i have my own magic spell quarry from Ars Magica. Also, i would think that leaving that piece of equipment near dark areas is a bad idea altogether, but that may just be me.