Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that's not a bug. The power generation quests are set to be repeatable after 3 'hours' of in game time, which is about 3-4 minutes IIRC.
It is a bug if the time carries on to -1, -2 etc hours . I have to use the \hqm edit to reset the quest.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having problems with sugar cane growing? i waited like 30 minutes irl and not a single growth ended up wasting 9 rep to get myself a book. Also i'm gonna add this since i can't find any way to really transport more than 1 bucket of essence unless i make multiply buckets, figure you would check it out and its not to overpowered kinda like TE tanks but without all the tech with them.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-get-ya-tanks-here-fluids-storage-made-simple

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Sugar cane can be kinda picky, but I've found that most of the time the problem is just the light level.

Also... where the heck are you finding liquid essence? There's not supposed to be any in worldgen.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Magical Forest is where i found my essence and if essence isn't suppose to spawn does ars magic machines run another fuel? I'll also check the light level that could have been the problem, i'll be sure to make a small area with touches around it and see if that works.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Obelisks will burn Vinteum dust for power. Doesn't last as long, but way easier to get. The in-pack recipe for a bucket of essence is 4 water buckets in a vortex infuser (you lose the buckets in the process) and approx 1600 power. (400 per pylon) For early ore doubling/smelting, the Aura Cascade machines are cheaper to operate and work just as well. Later game, the EE3 transmutation tablet should be an easy source of Vinteum dust.

As far as light level goes, I usually just stick a chunk of glowstone down next to my cane, seems to work better than torches. In the mid-term, by the time you need more than a couple books you should have a transmutation tablet and it'll be a moot point.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Ya i did a huge expedition and i found maybe that 1 pool worth maybe 20-30 buckets worth, also adding that tank mod for easy access to lava so i can make a lobster farm should help with rep somewhat.

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
My first couple of hours playing around with this modpack have been a lot of fun. Thanks DrasticDemise! I really like the mechanic where you build up Dark Power, then spend it on things. There are a lot of mods here I haven't used before, so I look forward to digging into some of them.

Eyeconic

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me cause i am not getting any mobs spawning at all im on hard difficulty and i cant gain dark power to do anything am i doing something wrong?

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me cause i am not getting any mobs spawning at all im on hard difficulty and i cant gain dark power to do anything am i doing something wrong?
Do a /cofh killall and they should start spawning like normal. It is an issue with lycanites that causes overspawning and nothing new will spawn until you kill them somehow.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe ask around other modpacks that use lycanites mobs and see how they fixed the problem with them over spawning? pretty sure Caigan from Ferret Business had this problem i'll ask how he solved it to help.

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
i think i need to wait for some beginning guides since im actually kinda lost at how to get a good start :(

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Well first i would get about about 3-4 killing quests done so you can get wood , seeds and a sapling to start a wood farm or else your kinda screwed everything after is fine since the first wood you buy completes a quest for a bed and crafting table. I would give suggestion of making a small dark room for mobs to spawn and easy killing and also when making farm make sure light levels are high enough so sugar cane grows since your gonna need alot of paper later on.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe ask around other modpacks that use lycanites mobs and see how they fixed the problem with them over spawning? pretty sure Caigan from Ferret Business had this problem i'll ask how he solved it to help.
Best I remember is the solution to that problem is going to be removal of lycanites.

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
I did cofh killall * a few times and there didn't seem to be any weird numbers of Afrits or Lobbers. 6 afrits the first time, 12 the next. No lobbers. There were around 40 each of specialmobs.special zombies, creepers, and skeletons each time though. But I hardly see any of those on the minimap, or run into any of them.