Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I am loving the pack overall though, even if dark power can be pretty hard to get at any decent pace, I also struggle to find any clay for my thaumcraft research table but maybe I just haven't found the right biome yet

Ya theres a flower you can get for a earth rune,mana and normal petals. Was wondering if anyone has any idea on gathering string so i can make wool?

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure why yall are afraid of the lycanite mobs if you grab a dmg spell then you're fine
I was thinking that, seeing a lot of people complaining about them but once you get that one spell, rock blast or whatever it's called, everything becomes really easy to kill, and even without magic, I was just using iron armour with an iron sword and shield without too much issue, especially since you get a free diamond sword once you get a full set of iron armour. and the gemstone swords are REALLY strong

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I am rebalancing the dark power rewards to reward on killing one of each monster with a lowered reward due to the somewhat inconsistent spawn rate. I am still working on fixing this issue and should hopefully fix it by tonight.

GormKitty

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, my sister and I have been playing this pack together since it came out and we are loving it but I thought I would let you know something I've been noticing.

Occasionally if I leave stuff on my Thaumcraft work table and teleport to my sisters place where we keep our nodes the things seem to disappear from the table sometimes but the reverse happens as well which has resulted in three extra duplicate wands. I'm not sure if it's Thaumcraft itself or the Modpack but I thought I would let you know.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.0 has been released - Even more death!
  • You will now actually find mobs! \o/ In fact, hordes of mobs. Epic siege mod has been added back and you will no longer be stumbling in the dark looking for mobs to slay for that delicious dark power.
  • Dark power has been revamped. You now must only kill one of each mob and the rep reward has been reduced to compensate. This is to fix the awkward half completion of multiple quests at the same time.
  • Geonach and Phantom now have quests!
  • Fixed the botania line demanding a mana pool before you actually have mana.
  • Less stalactites and stalagmites
  • More cobwebs!
  • Updated Aura Cascade
  • Removed Recurrent Complex - This was not used.
  • Slightly buffed silent gems, lapis, clay and diamond spawn rates. Clay has a higher rate of spawn across the board through height 0 - 225. Lapis, diamond and Silent Gems can now spawn slightly higher in the world than their vanilla defaults.
  • Spell book quest is now instant cool down than one time completion.
  • Clarified that you must close and reopen your book to register the reputation.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
  • You will now actually find mobs! \o/ In fact, hordes of mobs. Epic siege mod has been added back and you will no longer be stumbling in the dark looking for mobs to slay for that delicious dark power.
  • Dark power has been revamped. You now must only kill one of each mob and the rep reward has been reduced to compensate. This is to fix the awkward half completion of multiple quests at the same time.
  • More cobwebs!
  • Updated Aura Cascade
  • Slightly buffed silent gems, lapis, clay and diamond spawn rates. Clay has a higher rate of spawn across the board through height 0 - 225. Lapis, diamond and Silent Gems can now spawn slightly higher in the world than their vanilla defaults.
  • Clarified that you must close and reopen your book to register the reputation.
Oh joy more death. Hopefully I'm prepped for that.

Reactions: BaileyH

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
I got those weird event time (suddenly announcement like Tsunami and all those weird stuff) but nothing really happen...anyone know what's that for?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I got those weird event time (suddenly announcement like Tsunami and all those weird stuff) but nothing really happen...anyone know what's that for?
The events typically cause hordes of mobs to spawn from a certain type. tsunami is water mobs which aren't often found in a cave world so the event isn't very useful to you.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
  • More cobwebs!
  • Updated Aura Cascade

I had assumed there was no dark power from geonachs because you can pretty much farm them with some cinnabar ore, just placing and mining it over and over :p EDIT: but I just saw it's only worth 2 so it's not a huge deal

Last edited:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Is the bed problem have a solution as I want to set my spawn.

Now I have my base near portal because you spawn here when you die.

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Weird, I don't have any problem with my bed...what biome you are at when u try to sleep on your bed?