Myrathi's Mod Compendium

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
The project:red stuff will work in-block when I finally update it to use FMP. :p As of now, it doesn't, so you'll have to power/access the block the switch powers instead of the switch itself.

That said... InfiniBows v1.2.0.14 is now updated for 1.6.4. Enjoy. ;)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The project:red stuff will work in-block when I finally update it to use FMP. :p As of now, it doesn't, so you'll have to power/access the block the switch powers instead of the switch itself.

That said... InfiniBows v1.2.0.14 is now updated for 1.6.4. Enjoy. ;)

you're the man ;)

JohnBuilder

Jul 29, 2019
Myrathi, thank you so much for those useful and not-so-useful mods you've created :)

So, since you're at it.... where is the Lamb?

I think for all the effort of catching them young they should give at least 5 or 6 shanks cooked. :) No one is forced to eat lamb so no harm right?

And if you should have time an option to turn off Charge Pad 'clicks' would be great, I'm pretty noisy dancing on four of those at a time.

Thanks again!

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone happen to know if Myrathi's switches directly connect to the Redstone Signal Conduits from EnderIO without the need of an intervening block? I would test myself, but I'm posting from school and with my tablet.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Myrathi, have you ever considered adding more to the InfiniBows mod? I know InfiniBows is mainly just meant for changing the enchantment of infinity, but in my opinion there's also other enchantments that could use some tweaking to make them more useful.

for example knockback, if you hit a mob with it the mob will fly away, but how about adding an option if you try to block with a knockback sword, you'll leap backwards. the higher the enchantment level, the further you can leap. the ability won't be spammable as there would be a cooldown period.
or how about fire aspect. it's nice you can set mobs on fire, but what is the point of the enchantment if the mob sets you on fire aswell. you could change it so the fire aspect enchantment will not allow mobs to set you on fire, or gives you a few seconds of fire resistance.
and how about punch. I never really understood why a bow needed a whole new enchantment while it's basically just knockback (same with fire aspect/flame). because of that you only get more book when enchanting that you don't need. but with punch you could make it if you hit a mob with left click while holding the bow, a knockback effect happens and the mob flies backwards, making the bow more useful.
and with Feather Falling, you falling height increase. with level 1, you can fall 25 blocks, with level 2, 50 blocks, with level 3, 100 blocks and with level 4 200 blocks. this would make it alot more useful when you're using modded armor that allows you to jump higher. I've often fallen to my death just because I could jump higher then the feather falling negated. and you could also remove that annoying fall damage sound/effect that you get even while you're not even taking damage from falling
or thorns could be changed to also allow the user to regain some health with higher level enchantments
and unbreaking could actually increase a tool/armor's life instead of randomly not having it take damage.

and you could also remove some of the useless enchantments, like Fire Protection, Blast Protection, Projectile Protection, Smite and Bane of Arthropods. they're enchantments that no one really wants, which would actually require you to carry several sets of tools/armor and constant switching of them to actually make them useful.

you could also make it so you could enchant certain items that you can't enchant now, like the shears, or the fishing rod (I know you can in 1.7 though, but pretty much everyone is still in 1.6) or perhaps also the anvil with the efficiency and unbreaking enchantments with efficiency lowering the experience cost and unbreaking giving the anvil more durability.

just some thoughts I had while having played with Infinibows... there's just so many fixes that the vanilla enchantments could use...

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019

Holy wall of text.

Just wanted to weigh in on a few things.
RE: The whole idea - I like it. I've always felt that the vanilla enchants were a little underwhelming.

RE: Knockback - Not a bad idea, kinda similar to the right click of mDiyo's Rapiers though, but WHO CARES! (Just please make it intelligent enough so that the player doesn't fall off a cliff.)

RE: Fire Aspect - Not really all too sure when I stand on this suggestion. On the one hand, the name "Fire Aspect" implies that you imbuing the weapon with aspect of fire (I hate making circular references), but on the other, the blade becomes attributed to everything fire-related so it would stand to "reason" that the sword would be able to absorb incoming fire. Heck, if you really want to, hit the mob and set it on fire, block and the sword will "absorb" the incoming fire and give you maybe a 2-second strength buff to symbolize the short-lived increase of energy within the sword.

RE: Punch - Like you, I never really understood why you need an entirely new enchant for knockback for bows, and I've never quite made the connection as to why the bow needs to be enchanted when it's the arrows that are actually striking the mob. As for giving the bow's left-click the Punch/Knockback, I like it because, to me, it's a throwback (see what I did there?) to the medieval times (or the Chivalry game, if you play it) where the archers would strike their opponents to force them back in the opponent is up in their face.

RE: Feather Falling - PLEASE GOD PLEASE! This would actually make the enchant worth something if you're playing with mods.

RE: Thorns - Ehh... Never really used it, so I wouldn't know.

RE: Unbreaking - I'd rather keep it as-is. Unbreaking implies that the item won't break under normal circumstances, everything will break at some point, and if this is the case, then you're already, technically, extending the durability while keeping the same numbers; just more hits can be taken per durability point.

RE: Removing Enchants: Go right ahead with this one. Although, I'd personally keep Smite what with the Zombie horde reinforcements feature of the recent versions of Minecraft.

RE: Enchanting "Illegal" Items - Ehhh... Sure. Why not?

Looking back at this, I shouldn't have put the "Holy wall of text" line in, I'm just as bad. :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to weigh in on a few things.
RE: The whole idea - I like it. I've always felt that the vanilla enchants were a little underwhelming.

I was trying to think of a mod that would change the effects, but wouldn't completely change the whole enchanting system.

RE: Knockback - Not a bad idea, kinda similar to the right click of mDiyo's Rapiers though, but WHO CARES! (Just please make it intelligent enough so that the player doesn't fall off a cliff.)

yup, with this players actually wouldn't mind getting knockback on their swords as it can actually be quite helpful in dangerous situations

RE: Fire Aspect - Not really all too sure when I stand on this suggestion. On the one hand, the name "Fire Aspect" implies that you imbuing the weapon with aspect of fire (I hate making circular references), but on the other, the blade becomes attributed to everything fire-related so it would stand to "reason" that the sword would be able to absorb incoming fire. Heck, if you really want to, hit the mob and set it on fire, block and the sword will "absorb" the incoming fire and give you maybe a 2-second strength buff to symbolize the short-lived increase of energy within the sword.

hmm, not a bad idea, blocking with a fire aspect sword would block any incoming fire attacks, or put out the fire...

RE: Punch - Like you, I never really understood why you need an entirely new enchant for knockback for bows, and I've never quite made the connection as to why the bow needs to be enchanted when it's the arrows that are actually striking the mob. As for giving the bow's left-click the Punch/Knockback, I like it because, to me, it's a throwback (see what I did there?) to the medieval times (or the Chivalry game, if you play it) where the archers would strike their opponents to force them back in the opponent is up in their face.

I'd actually be using the more often if this was an option, as the bow would become alot more useful with this

RE: Feather Falling - PLEASE GOD PLEASE! This would actually make the enchant worth something if you're playing with mods.

I know right, I've died numerous times in my world right now because of fall damage while I have feather falling 4...

RE: Thorns - Ehh... Never really used it, so I wouldn't know.

me neither, but this makes it more interesting to try out.

RE: Unbreaking - I'd rather keep it as-is. Unbreaking implies that the item won't break under normal circumstances, everything will break at some point, and if this is the case, then you're already, technically, extending the durability while keeping the same numbers; just more hits can be taken per durability point.

I was thinking more in the line of the buggy tools/armor on servers with unbreaking that keep breaking, and a second or two later re-appearing because of unbreaking taking effect

RE: Removing Enchants: Go right ahead with this one. Although, I'd personally keep Smite what with the Zombie horde reinforcements feature of the recent versions of Minecraft.

I think sharpness would still be good enough for this, plus it'd work on all mobs and not just zombies. I often find myself running into other groups of mobs aswell

RE: Enchanting "Illegal" Items - Ehhh... Sure. Why not?

eh, if I can save durability on my sheers/anvil, I'm all for it

Holy wall of text.Looking back at this, I shouldn't have put the "Holy wall of text" line in, I'm just as bad. :D

welcome to the club :)

Reactions: Geo Terra

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
Some neat ideas for a new mod, I'd say. InfiniBows does one small but useful thing and it does it well... and that's the entire point of the mod. All of these extra ideas are cool but beyond the scope of IB. ;)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Some neat ideas for a new mod, I'd say. InfiniBows does one small but useful thing and it does it well... and that's the entire point of the mod. All of these extra ideas are cool but beyond the scope of IB. ;)

yea, I kinda guessed you'd say that... just thought of sharing my ideas with you, it's nice that you took the time to read them :)

PossessedGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Are you still working on this for 1.6.4, because I'm trying to make a remake of FTB Unleashed on 1.6.4 and I think this is the only mod missing.

Thanks,PossessedGamer

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Chargepads, sorry for not being so clear. I'll try better next time. LOL

Just bear in mind that Myrathi may be waiting for IC2's API to settle down and "stabilize" before getting back to work on it, as, afaik, IC2 is, and probably will be, still in it's experimental stages. Either that, or Myrathi has just lazy/busy elsewhere. :p

PossessedGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Just bear in mind that Myrathi may be waiting for IC2's API to settle down and "stabilize" before getting back to work on it, as, afaik, IC2 is, and probably will be, still in it's experimental stages. Either that, or Myrathi has just lazy/busy elsewhere. :p
Ok thanks

AylaAsperger

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make the InfiniBows fix also work with bows that are added by mods? For example the bows from SimpleOres or MoreBows?