Fixes typo in ATG.cfg that made all desert worldgen
Fixes render issues with Rotarycraft/Reactorcraft
Readjusts Big Reactors output to 75% of a single Reactorcraft Turbine
Fixes a few recipe conflicts (Monster)

Monster 1.0.8 and Horizons 1.0.12 are now removed from the launcher​

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick hotfix :)

Any chance of a more detailed changelog tho?

Only just finished installing 1.0.8 yesterday, the thought of going through the entire process of comparing each and every file when only a few configs/mods versions have changed is a daunting prospect with this man-flu.

Edit:

Just to confirm:
Changelog Monster 1.0.8 > 1.0.9
Changed ATG.cfg
Updated ReactorCraft from V15 to V15b
Changed BigReactors.cfg
Added/Changed minetweaker folder configs
Updated Forgemultipart from 233 to 240

Is that right?

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Oops, acidentaly left Opis enabled on Horizons. Meh. :p

aJK9mGI.gif

Reactions: Electro44

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Version 0.3 of Big Reactors should be out for testing this weekend anyway, more toys to play with in the shape of turbines! (And more blocks needing id's no doubt), so further balance might also be needed again.

Arthuras

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be safe to move my 1.0.8 world into a 1.0.9 server folder? I had spent 4 or 5 hours last night playing and would rather not lose the world/time.

I'm not 100% sure if the world folder would need to be adjusted to carry it into 1.0.9.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Arthuras: There's a magical thing called Backups. Let me explain how they work.
First, you make a copy or zip of your world to outside of your FTB/minecraft folder.
Then, optionally, you make a copy of your whole Monster folder (including the world). This can also be done by simply renaming the folder to Monster2.
Congratulations, you've made a backup. Now you are ready to upgrade to 1.0.9, and attempt to COPY your world into it.

World breaks? Not a problem. The magic of backups have another magical concept called Restoring - and this is where all the magic of backups really lies. See, all you have to do is either copy your world folder back into a functioning 1.0.8 install, or re-rename your Monster2 folder back to Monster (and remove/rename the broken Monster folder)

Lausten

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so im on a Monster 1.0.7 server, we are currently debating on updating to 1.0.8 (Yeah I know 1.0.9 now), will we still require a world reset if we update to 1.0.9? Or was that only the case with 1.0.8 because of those config bugs?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Find the dropdown that says "Recommended". Drop it down. You will see the different versions.

If he's only seeing version 1.0.5 then his dropdown possibly says "1.0.5" instead of "recommended". Select the dropdown arrow and change it to "recommended" for the current mostly stable version.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so im on a Monster 1.0.7 server, we are currently debating on updating to 1.0.8 (Yeah I know 1.0.9 now), will we still require a world reset if we update to 1.0.9? Or was that only the case with 1.0.8 because of those config bugs?
First off, the update does not "require" a world reset, it's just strongly recommended. And second, yes, 1.0.8 introduced some worldgen changes to ATG, and 1.0.9 preserved those changes while fixing a worldgen bug.

If he's only seeing version 1.0.5 then his dropdown possibly says "1.0.5" instead of "recommended". Select the dropdown arrow and change it to "recommended" for the current mostly stable version.
1.0.5 is still recommended, I think, so selecting Recommended won't do much of anything - although it will ensure you are using the "current mostly stable version", by keeping you on 1.0.5. If you want to get to a newer non-recommended (e.g. experimental) version like 1.0.9, you need to select out of Recommended

Lausten

Jul 29, 2019
First off, the update does not "require" a world reset, it's just strongly recommended. And second, yes, 1.0.8 introduced some worldgen changes to ATG, and 1.0.9 preserved those changes while fixing a worldgen bug.

So why was it strongly recommended? What could happen if we update to 1.0.9?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

1.0.5 is still recommended, I think, so selecting Recommended won't do much of anything - although it will ensure you are using the "current mostly stable version", by keeping you on 1.0.5. If you want to get to a newer non-recommended (e.g. experimental) version like 1.0.9, you need to select out of Recommended

Yesterday I "updated" from 1.0.8 to 1.0.5 by reverting to "recommended". Last night it updated from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 after Eyamaz' post, so I'm just guessing the recommended version was updated.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
So why was it strongly recommended? What could happen if we update to 1.0.9?
Significant worldgen bugs, most likely... Straight cliffs and abrupt biome changes between previously loaded and newly loaded chunks, Villages and other generated structures cut in half, stuff like that. If you want to keep your current world, the best advise I could give is to completely explore your current island or continent without crossing any oceans, then update. That might help. If you've already explored beyond that, then you'll have to deal with worldgen issues if you update without a restart.

There were similar issues with updating vanilla servers to 1.7, and that's how the Mindcrack crew minimized the impact. They also do all travel beyond their starting island through the Nether hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.