Monster/Horizons Hotfixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I like the GeoStrata stones (granted, I use a texture pack so I don't even know what they look like without it). I don't use the Chisel mod, but I would like to see them craftable into stairs or slabs.

Regarding the stone generation, I don't think you can disable it. There's a statement from Reika in this thread regarding the decision to remove that part of the config.

Stairs and slabs won't come untill 1.7, sadly.

Reactions: Esheon

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Asking for the ability to remove the rocks from GeoStrata is like asking to remove research from ThaumCraft. I can understand if you want to play that way, but you should also understand my not designing the mod as such.

Also, in v16, GeoStrata rocks are going to have another use in creating a rather useful block.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Poor analogy, but I do apologize for calling your blocks "derpy". ;)
Not really. GeoStrata started with the rocks only, and went public before the crystals were even implemented. They were added as a "this might be kind of interesting" afterthought. GeoStrata, as can be indicated from the name, is almost entirely devoted to the rocks.

If you do not like the research analogy, how about asking to remove worldgen from Chisel, or generated structures from the Twilight Forest?

Hashyra

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Eyamaz and everybody else,

We have a server version 1.0.8.
Sadly, the server admin is gone on vacation for a while.
I have friends that would like to join but are unabled to get the version 1.0.8 since it got removed before they had time to update.
Is there a way for them to download a private version of the pack or is there a link somewhere else for them to get the pack.

Our server admin should be home in a month, till then time passes preaty slowly for us.
Thanks for your time.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Stairs and slabs won't come untill 1.7, sadly.
Is this due to a lack of item IDs or what lies behind this?

As a alternative for until then, would it not be possible to add the GeoStrata rocks to the microblock config thingy by default until then? Then we could at least build our own stairs etc.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Currently, you can craft some of them into slabs but they become vanilla slabs. I noticed this with some of the cobblestones, not sure if it applies with other versions. As a guess, I'd assume it's either a code problem or that Reika is concentrating on 1.7 updates and doesn't want to backport it.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoy Geostrata. I like finding the various rocks when mining, you never know what you may find. I also use all the variations in my builds. Those of us who build for style enjoy a greater variety of stones. Looking forward to more features of this mod.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

As a alternative for until then, would it not be possible to add the GeoStrata rocks to the microblock config thingy by default until then? Then we could at least build our own stairs etc.
Currently, you can craft some of them into slabs but they become vanilla slabs. I noticed this with some of the cobblestones, not sure if it applies with other versions. As a guess, I'd assume it's either a code problem or that Reika is concentrating on 1.7 updates and doesn't want to backport it.

I will add them to the microblocks listings.

I have friends that would like to join but are unabled to get the version 1.0.8 since it got removed before they had time to update.
Is there a way for them to download a private version of the pack or is there a link somewhere else for them to get the pack.

Our server admin should be home in a month, till then time passes preaty slowly for us.
Thanks for your time.

No, sorry. This is a risk server admins take if they are not willing to wait a few days to update. Until a pack is pushed out of beta (1.1.x) server owners need to take care of what they do with these packs.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for your time.

Have them download 1.0.7 then zip up your config and mod folder and send it to them. Have them replace their mod and config folders ENTIRELY with yours (ie delete and replace not merge). That should get them running until the server owner can update.

moot187

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya! I've been playing monster and enjoying but I've got a question! Is it safe to copy the ender storage files between worlds of different builds. I've been doing this to keep all my loots every time a world restart is recommended. It seems to work but I'm worried that in the long run some bugs might start to crop up. I'm also worried it could some how be a source of lag. So, am I safe copying the ender storage files? Is there maybe a better way of transferring ll my items between worlds?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I will add them to the microblocks listings.
Excellent! I will erect a monument in exotic stone in your honour good sir in a future build(and maybe Reika's a little bit too :p)

BackSpace47

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz I think it would be epic if you guys added a mod called Extra Cells it adds the ability to store liquids in the ME system. It would also be nice to see Mekanism and Buildcraft Tools. Figured I'd say something b4 the final release.

Dreaming

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a little bit of biome replacement chunk errors after updated from 1.0.9 (after world was gen'd in 1.0.8 with the horizons ATG.cfg) - would you recommend regenerating the world? Just really annoying to have beautiful landscapes ruined by absolute sheer cliffs at the edge of the chunk as it goes from highlands to ocean.

I'm a little bit too keen on jumping on these packs before they hit recommended I think :oops:

Using ATG, BoP and Highlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.