Monster/Horizons Hotfixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
i Just updated my Java, and it fixed the problem of switching locations.
AH, that's it. I updated my java and the Launcher seems OK now. I don't have time to check to see if it updates my mod pack now, but it's not having all those connection errors now.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Force update fixes a lot of problems normally, therefore I suggested it ;)
Well, either the Force Update did it or the Launcher problems just got fixed. I didn't update my Java, and it's working for me now (switching locations and all).

Flyin_spaghetti

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm turns out there was the option to download 1.9 in the dropdown menu. But recommended stays in 1.5 and the description doesnt change no matter what. Ill try to update java

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm turns out there was the option to download 1.9 in the dropdown menu. But recommended stays in 1.5 and the description doesnt change no matter what. Ill try to update java

1.0.5 will be the recommended until Monday. 1.0.9 will then become recommended. I was not satisfied with the amount if bugs that came from 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 to push them recommended.
I may decide to skip one week of updates so I can look at some things. I'm not sure I want to do that yet. I'm getting fewer and fewer mod updates, which is good for the end users. Means I can make more packs stable soon.
I still need to test the newer IC2 builds before we can roll them into all the packs, also.

Cheeseless

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz, please don't hurt yourself. Take care of your health or whatever problems you have before worrying with our dumb asses.

ccm1092

Jul 29, 2019
I am still unable to see 1.0.9. I have double checked my java, force updated my launcher and opening the launcher about 30 times and it still only goes up to 1.0.8. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
I am still unable to see 1.0.9. I have double checked my java, force updated my launcher and opening the launcher about 30 times and it still only goes up to 1.0.8. Anyone have any ideas for me?
Rename your Monster folder to Monster2, and restart the launcher.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
As part of the changes to ATG configs, is it intended that all volcanoes look like this?

44rqtSP.png

Every volcano I've come across, in several generated worlds, has had vertical walls on the outside going straight up to the caldera edge.

This pic was taken in a modified Magic World 2 modpack, using the ATG configs from Monster. I've seen similar formations in "as-is" Monster, but I've spent much less time playing that pack.

Another ATG issue that I've come across is a lack of "temperate" biomes. In one case, flying at sea level I went from Tropics to Ice Plains in under 500 blocks (hundred, not thousand). More than 80% of worlds created drop me in cold (tundra/ice plains/etc) or hot (tropics/jungle/etc) environments. I even tried changing "B:ClimateCentre=false" to "B:ClimateCentre=true" (supposedly guarantees 0,0 is temperate)... all that did was drop me in a Tropics biome six worlds in a row (and 0,0 was tropics, jungle, or wetland in all of those).

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
As part of the changes to ATG configs, is it intended that all volcanoes look like this?

44rqtSP.png

Every volcano I've come across, in several generated worlds, has had vertical walls on the outside going straight up to the caldera edge.

This pic was taken in a modified Magic World 2 modpack, using the ATG configs from Monster. I've seen similar formations in "as-is" Monster, but I've spent much less time playing that pack.

Another ATG issue that I've come across is a lack of "temperate" biomes. In one case, flying at sea level I went from Tropics to Ice Plains in under 500 blocks (hundred, not thousand). More than 80% of worlds created drop me in cold (tundra/ice plains/etc) or hot (tropics/jungle/etc) environments. I even tried changing "B:ClimateCentre=false" to "B:ClimateCentre=true" (supposedly guarantees 0,0 is temperate)... all that did was drop me in a Tropics biome six worlds in a row (and 0,0 was tropics, jungle, or wetland in all of those).

The volcano has done that since day one. I've had a 2 of 5 (ish) generate correctly.
The other issue is strange. I more often end up temperate or arid. Rarely do I ever get arctic or tropical.

Edit: I do typically play with both BoP and Highlands enabled.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
The volcano has done that since day one. I've had a 2 of 5 (ish) generate correctly.
The other issue is strange. I more often end up temperate or arid. Rarely do I ever get arctic or tropical.

Hm, I guess that's just the RNG messing with us.

As for the temperate zones, I'll have to try re-enabling Highlands to see if that helps with the climate thing. I disabled it in an attempt to trim down my number of mods, but I only managed to trim from 116 to 113... I don't think adding one back in will hurt :p

I haven't really restarted my world yet... I've been creating worlds and wandering around to see how they look. I definitely prefer the overall landforms of the new config. It's been significantly easier to find areas to build in that don't require liberal use of a filler to prepare, and I've seen far fewer of the "villages on the sea" problem from the old configs.

EDIT: A few hours later...

After fiddling around some more, I jacked the ClimatePeriod back up to 10000. I don't really know if this had any effect on things, as the next world I generated spawned me on a woodland peninsula 300 blocks south of some cold biomes, with 2 ravines and 2 wicker men (1 zombie and 1 skeleton) within 200 blocks of spawn. I'm happy :)

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Yeah, getting the same with the volcanoes. Think I have seen one form correctly with lava etc. Rest were bugged in some way.

When it comes to temperature range, I get quite the opposite all the time. All arctics and forests. Think I can count the times I have seen a desert and jungle on one hand.

It's been significantly easier to find areas to build in that don't require liberal use of a filler to prepare, and I've seen far fewer of the "villages on the sea" problem from the old configs.
Hmm sadly the world I'm derping around in atm(generated with 1.0.9) I have discovered 5 villages and a Rogues dungeon on the sea nearby, yet none on land :/

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to tell Geostrata to NOT generate those derpy stone block replacements (quartz, sandstone, etc)? You can't chisel them, they can't be crafted into stairs or sawed into slabs... I fail to see any point to these polluting the worldgen.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a way to tell Geostrata to NOT generate those derpy stone block replacements (quartz, sandstone, etc)? You can't chisel them, they can't be crafted into stairs or sawed into slabs... I fail to see any point to these polluting the worldgen.
Think it would be better to disable it entirely then and get the potions etc from a more specialized mod. The "derpy" stones are pretty much the core of the mod.
But yeah, better support for the geostrata stones would be awesome!

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Think it would be better to disable it entirely then and get the potions etc from a more specialized mod. The "derpy" stones are pretty much the core of the mod.
But yeah, better support for the geostrata stones would be awesome!
how are they the core of the mod? The crystals and potions actually have some use...

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I like the GeoStrata stones (granted, I use a texture pack so I don't even know what they look like without it). I don't use the Chisel mod, but I would like to see them craftable into stairs or slabs.

Regarding the stone generation, I don't think you can disable it. There's a statement from Reika in this thread regarding the decision to remove that part of the config.

Reactions: Gerald Huppertz
Status
Not open for further replies.