Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Gah, I spoke too soon on Tinker's Construct. mDiyo has done another two iterations since he released the dev version as the stable version :O

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I figured Slow would get involved in some way, but I figured it'd be a play through on Twitch. Now, we're going back to the drawing board. Well, I'm sorta bummed, but you know when they finish it'll be a solid pack.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I figured Slow would get involved in some way, but I figured it'd be a play through on Twitch. Now, we're going back to the drawing board. Well, I'm sorta bummed, but you know when they finish it'll be a solid pack.

What info are you looking at? Most up to date info I can find is new 1.5.2 official pack will release tomorrow (unless there is issues between now and then) and will replace the ultimate pack as the "main" ftb pack, will also hopefully be able to update to 1.6 but they need to see that release first to be sure of changes.

I'm not sure which drawing board you're going back to.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Ako I'm referring to this post by Wyld.

Okay, so a few things got updated overnight .. so we're adding in those, plus pushing in Power Converters as well. Don't say we don't love you.

As soon as the pack works, it'll go up into the repo.

I'm actually not handling this one .. Slow's doing the revision and test. So you know it'll get done and pushed upstream ;)

So while "back to the drawing board" might be overstating it a bit, I don't think I'm off by that much.

YasukiHumai

Jul 29, 2019
Ako I'm referring to this post by Wyld.

So while "back to the drawing board" might be overstating it a bit, I don't think I'm off by that much.

according to Slow's twitter the goal is tomorrow, providing that there is a lack of complications.

What info are you looking at? Most up to date info I can find is new 1.5.2 official pack will release tomorrow (unless there is issues between now and then) and will replace the ultimate pack as the "main" ftb pack, will also hopefully be able to update to 1.6 but they need to see that release first to be sure of changes.

I'm not sure which drawing board you're going back to.

The pack will not be a main pack, this has been said many times. It will be a beta pack and until 1.6 packs launch the FTB Ultimate pack will be 1.4.7

EDIT: Oh yeah I was half asleep last night. There is a new pack (with a new name) replacing ultimate in 1.6. Slow and Wyld have been hinting about it on Twitter (no name for it yet).

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Because 1.6 looks like its going to break quite a lot of things and 1.5 is working well we decided that we will add the 1.5.x packs to the launcher, this does not mean that they will be replacing ultimate. Ultimate will remain our "main" pack until 1.6.x is ready but you will also be able to use 1.5.x if you want to. This does not mean that either of those packs will be 1.6 compatible, they most probably will not be.

Reactions: erdubya

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Because 1.6 looks like its going to break quite a lot of things and 1.5 is working well we decided that we will add the 1.5.x packs to the launcher, this does not mean that they will be replacing ultimate. Ultimate will remain our "main" pack until 1.6.x is ready but you will also be able to use 1.5.x if you want to. This does not mean that either of those packs will be 1.6 compatible, they most probably will not be.

It's not like this is the first time minecraft has broken worlds two updates in a row.

What really ticks me off is that if someone had the time inclination and ability they could wright a program to convert the old worlds into the new.
That and if mojang used alphanumeric coads for blocks (letters and numbers) we would never have to worry about block numbers over lapping.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Well supposedly after 1.6's modding API is in place Minecraft mods will never break again (I'll believe it when I see it).

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Well supposedly after 1.6's modding API is in place Minecraft mods will never break again (I'll believe it when I see it).

Except 1.6 Doesn't have the modding API. In fact there is no such thing a as the modding API.
They are working on a PLUGIN API. But 1.6 isn't it.
Mojang has bin quotes as saying "The new launcher is a step in the development of the Plugin API".

There are clearly several more steps till the first proper release of the Plugin API. They have also mentioned that the plugin API will have limited features to begin with. And will expand as they go along.
So don't expect any major mod (IC2, Buildcraft, redpower) to be compatible with it until at least next year.

EPfencer

Jul 29, 2019
Will Immibis's microblocks be added in the upcoming pack? I'd love a replacement for RC's microblocks...

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
The pack's release was pushed back from yesterday to today or tomorrow to add power converters.

Status
Not open for further replies.