Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
Stackie
It will group all items of the same type and experience orbs into stacks of maximum size. For example: 6 towers, 64 high of sand will give you 384 entities. With this mod I ended up with only 15. Cool, eh?

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
So i was trying to get some of the mods from the 0.7 list to update a personal pack, and i am confused. I cannot find the version of InvTweaks listed anywhere, and I did NOT realize it went into coremods, unless there are two different invTweaks mods? the only one I could find was InventoryTweaks-1.54b.jar.

Anyone have any luck finding the coremod version of InvTweaks listed in the change log?

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
Thanks, I wonder if that is linked off the official website for Inventory Tweaks and i just missed it!

I still cannot figure out why it is in coremods rather than mods, the documentation from the website an minecraft.net thread instructions point to the the mods folder. This may be that I just do not understand forge well enough yet.

Thanks again xCouzchat7

Redwuff

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I wonder if that is linked off the official website for Inventory Tweaks and i just missed it!

I still cannot figure out why it is in coremods rather than mods, the documentation from the website an minecraft.net thread instructions point to the the mods folder. This may be that I just do not understand forge well enough yet.

Thanks again xCouzchat7

Thanks again xCouzchat7

Version in use in the preview pack is the dev version, which is actually quite polished, has server-side support and fixes some compatibility issues, but the mod author has stated he is not going to do another 'recommended' release until 1.6. If you check the notes in the Build History sidebar, the note for dev6, back in early May, says:
Merge the coremod branch. Builds from this point on need to be installed in coremods/

Enjoy.

Redwuff

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Now with this one I'm going to have to see if I can put ars magica in here as well.

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
lol, so many places to check...

I am fairly proud that I, with the help of MultiMC, got a 1.5.2 server for my son and I to work at all!

Thank you again for directing me to the right place to look.

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
say, if i wanted to play with the WGT pack, but use the recipes from the NGT pack, is this possible? how would i go on about setting that up?

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
That looks neat, thanks! But aren't easy recipes just the vanilla recipes? I really like the homogenized setup in the NGT pack where for example Mine Factory Reloaded uses Thermal expansion type recipes. MFR's vanilla recipes are a bit too lenient imo, but at the same time Gregtech hard recipes are too much ...

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
You pretty much have to go into each mod's config file that has alternate recipies and adjust each seperately. It's what I have to do with several mods in the NGT pack.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
say, if i wanted to play with the WGT pack, but use the recipes from the NGT pack, is this possible? how would i go on about setting that up?
Since the difference between the two is GregTech in one; and DartCraft in the other - why aren't you just switching between packs?

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
Since the difference between the two is GregTech in one; and DartCraft in the other - why aren't you just switching between packs?
What do you mean? I'm assuming that the configs are vastly different between the two; if I use the NGT pack and add Gregtech, wouldn't the GregTech configs clash violently with the configs of the other mods?

You pretty much have to go into each mod's config file that has alternate recipies and adjust each seperately. It's what I have to do with several mods in the NGT pack.
That's what I feared... Is there a resource somewhere that lists what I need to change to get the recipes i want?

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean? I'm assuming that the configs are vastly different between the two; if I use the NGT pack and add Gregtech, wouldn't the GregTech configs clash violently with the configs of the other mods?
Every mod in 152ngt (no gregtech) and 152wgt (with gregtech) are identical other than DartCraft and GregTech.

In other words, the recipe's would be identical if you removed gregtech (and dartcraft) from the equation. If you want to play a world with NGT's recipe's, play the NGT version (cuz again, the only difference is there's no gregtech making it harder) - if you want to play with the harder recipe's (WGT), then use the mod with gregtech.

EDIT: Taking it a step further, my world used WGT - and we didn't like one of the moronic changes they made in GregTech (that flint & steel requiring steel really irked me) so we removed gregtech and played on the world without it. When 0.6 came out, I took the world and copied it to the NGT folder and ran it from there; but didn't like DartCraft (DartCraft is incredibly overpowering) - so I removed it from the mods. When 0.7 finally comes out, I'm gonna copy it back to WGT as I miss some of the recipes from GregTech. (Honestly, if it weren't for that stupid flint & steel change, I'd still be using GregTech; but that's irrelevant.)

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
Every mod in 152ngt (no gregtech) and 152wgt (with gregtech) are identical other than DartCraft and GregTech.

In other words, the recipe's would be identical if you removed gregtech (and dartcraft) from the equation. If you want to play a world with NGT's recipe's, play the NGT version (cuz again, the only difference is there's no gregtech making it harder) - if you want to play with the harder recipe's (WGT), then use the mod with gregtech.
Ah, but I want to play using the NGT recipes, while still being able to craft and use GregTech's machines :)

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, but I want to play using the NGT recipes, while still being able to craft and use GregTech's machines :)
Ah, well that ain't gonna happen. Some of the GregTech changes are hard-coded. At least, I couldn't figure out how to remove the flint & steel thing I mentioned earlier....

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea about the Gregtech mod's recipies (most likely can't be switched period), but the others are just switching a couple true/false statements.

MFR's config (common.cfg) is within the powercrystals folder in the config folder. It has three lines at the end of the file: Gregtech, TE, and Vanilla. Setting Gregtech and Vanilla to false and TE to true will leave you with just the TE recipies.

Other mods are similar. At least those with alternate recipies.

At least if the WGT version hasn't removed that option from the configs.

AshtenD

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, I've been accused of being on Blizzard/Valve time. So expect them before/around HL3?

;)

SOON! We don't just throw a release out there, we have a process to check them before adding to the repo. This is really bloody important, because as utterly awesome as I am (heh), people make mistakes. As soon as the packs are checked and verified, they will be placed in the repo. This will take up to 24 hours, due to international timezone issues. Got a problem with that? Go build a ringworld so none of us has to deal with timezones ever again!
Almost 24 hours. I wait with baited breath.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
A watched pot never boils, and I've been watching this pot all day. Please for the love of all that is geeky can this be out now?! Anyway all kidding aside I figure we'll probably get this sometime on Sunday after watching Slow and someone else play it for a few hours on Twitch.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, Wyld is probably still working on it and even he needs sleep. Just be a bit patient and it'll come out eventually. Also, as mentioned earlier in the thread, I plan on creating a config for BoP for the upcoming version and would like some input. I currently plan on doing a config just for id changes and one with some generation changes. Please post here if you feel like giving any input on the gen changes.

Reactions: russjr08
Status
Not open for further replies.