Mod Pack Update

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisdoms

Jul 29, 2019
I found this site bookmarked, completely forgot feed the beast existed- considering it's lack of attentive staff on the FTB packs. First there was tekkit- then this, off to the next fad. Hopefully FTB will get back on track with updates THIS year.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
He said he already finished testing the pack last night, and passed it up the chain. He said it generally takes up to 24 hours to get the pack on the site. That said it's the weekend so it's probably a loosey goosey 24 hours. I just can't wait to get my hands on 0.7, and so I'm watching these forums like a hawk. Lastly, Wisdoms you know they've updated all the current packs several times this year, added several new packs, and are continuing to develop even more?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
He said he already finished testing the pack last night, and passed it up the chain. He said it generally takes up to 24 hours to get the pack on the site. That said it's the weekend so it's probably a loosey goosey 24 hours. I just can't wait to get my hands on 0.7, and so I'm watching these forums like a hawk. Lastly, Wisdoms you know they've updated all the current packs several times this year, added several new packs, and are continuing to develop even more?

Don't forget the maps, texturepack support, launcher design. Not to mention the other things the team has been involved with, E-sports, ModJam, going to the conventions.
They've been REALLY busy, with a LOT to show for it.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so a few things got updated overnight .. so we're adding in those, plus pushing in Power Converters as well. Don't say we don't love you.

As soon as the pack works, it'll go up into the repo.

I'm actually not handling this one .. Slow's doing the revision and test. So you know it'll get done and pushed upstream ;)

Me? I'm going to actually *play* on my server. Might stream as well. Because, why not.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
As Wyld said, ready when it's ready, and that's why I've been throwing ideas at the wall with some BoP configs.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Not gonna get updated to 1.6 (unless things have changed.)
Actually they've said many times 1.5.2 will be a private pack; and the next official FTB modpack will be 1.6 (but I wouldn't expect that for a while - depending on how Mojang handled the Mod API (if they even release it with 1.6)).

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
I know, but I am gonna use this pack till ultimate 1.6, then see if the world gets corrupted when I copy it over. If it does, woohoo, new world :D, and if it doesnt, I get to keep my machines and my precious iridium ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That would be... Forever.. This pack is only gonna be for 1.5.2. Not gonna get updated to 1.6 (unless things have changed.)
Funny you should mention that.

Feed The Beast@FTB_Team
OK going to try this again. New pack due to go public tomorrow. Just need some art and a name for the pack. This pack will (cont)
replace Ultimate as our Feature pack. (Ultimate will remain on the launcher at 1.4.7 ) (thats better)

Way to make lairs out of so many of us.

Reactions: mr10movie

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully that "tomorrow" means later today, but I won't keep my hopes up. Also, there is a link to a spread sheet and it looks like they have some more mods they're putting into v0.7, but they're crashing.

umbrai

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, well that ain't gonna happen. Some of the GregTech changes are hard-coded. At least, I couldn't figure out how to remove the flint & steel thing I mentioned earlier....
I'm not sure why this doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, but the option for this is called namefix, under harder recipes, in the dynamic config (turns it back to an iron bar for me).

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why this doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, but the option for this is called namefix, under harder recipes, in the dynamic config (turns it back to an iron bar for me).
Really? Bah! I looked everywhere... No wonder I couldn't figure it out. *sigh*

And Slowpoke (on twitter: posted 36 hours from now (which was about an hour ago) - so I'm guessing that means Monday afternoon (give or take I would assume...)

Van_Tastic

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Can anybody tell me if the 1.4.7 version of the Ultimate Pack contains the latest versions of the mods ? When I say latest version it's latest 1.4.7 version of the mod of course, and thanks :)

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody tell me if the 1.4.7 version of the Ultimate Pack contains the latest versions of the mods ? When I say latest version it's latest 1.4.7 version of the mod of course, and thanks :)
Depends on your point of view: Are they the most current? No - but are they the latest 1.4.7 mods? Mostly, yes.

Most developers stop updating for a particular version of minecraft - after a new version comes out (like Buildcraft, or Computercraft)

Status
Not open for further replies.