Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Most likely never, red power is skipping 1.5.1/2
No one has said that RP2 is skipping 1.5. In fact, the last I heard is that Eloraam was working on 1.5. When Slowpoke said the would be waiting for 1.6 for recommended builds, those packs may well not have RedPower. It seems some people think that it is definately being updated in 1.6

Merachon

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone who is feeling generous compile a DropBox of a working 1.5.2 FTB Beta server.
Would be most grateful, for my attempts have drastically failed.

Thanks

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Merachon. I would really like a server as well for the mods. Unless they will all just be updated over THIS weekend in which case it would be useless.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone who is feeling generous compile a DropBox of a working 1.5.2 FTB Beta server.
Would be most grateful, for my attempts have drastically failed.

Thanks

Providing a working server through dropbox would technically violate the permissions of the mod authors and any links to one will most likely be removed by the moderators.

Reactions: Ashzification

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Providing a working server through dropbox would technically violate the permissions of the mod authors and any links to one will most likely be removed by the moderators.

Why would the mod authors care if someone put them together in a server on dropbox. it is a free product.

glowpipe

Jul 29, 2019
Question. I need steel nugget to make a flint and steel.
I need a flint and steel to get the blast furnace blocks (nether) to make steel. What gives ?

piedudeaus

Jul 29, 2019
Should get 1 or 2 Buckets of Oil from this deposit! :p
Just found it when I loaded up a new FTB 1.5.2 world.
It may not be there for future use BUT Seed was: Legends

10UlfjN

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Why would the mod authors care if someone put them together in a server on dropbox. it is a free product.

Mods are free product, yes, but each is released under different programing licenses. Some authors allow their mods to be freely distributed, others do not.

Merachon

Jul 29, 2019
Its a real shame, as I would love to play the 1.5.2 pack with 2 of my friends, as so far it seems stable enough and the performance increase is massive. But when I download the forge server and the other associated files and place the correct mods in the correct places, it just crashes on startup. I would rather not wait for too long before I am able to take advantage of the greater performance, better crafting, quartz and the other features in the 1.5.2 update.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
one iron and 1 flint you must not understand nei

Or, you know, he's playing with Gregtech which made it so you need flint and a steel nugget. I had this same problem the other day since he apparently has yet to add the matches he said he would (maybe our version, not sure).

To light a nether portal build it and a trench behind it filled with lava, then place some wood above the lava. There are some videos online on how to do it, but it can take frustratingly long (and DO NOT put the wood INSIDE the portal, this just makes it longer and less likely to happen). Added bonus if you're like me and spawn on a 1 thick platform over a lava sea about 100-150 blocks from land.

Edit:
Should get 1 or 2 Buckets of Oil from this deposit! :p
Just found it when I loaded up a new FTB 1.5.2 world.
It may not be there for future use BUT Seed was: Legends

For BC oil the spawn is random within the seed as well, so each time you make a world it randomizes were the oil is. While the massive pillar of oil is awesome (and will be much easier to filter from water via liquid filters in MFR) it sadly will not carry to anyone else that chooses that seed.

Opt1kal

Jul 29, 2019
As well, I think it's a fake amount. Slowpoke ran into one like that that spawned on a Natura cloud...so it looked like a huge pillar of oil, but was mostly fake oil.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Most likely never, red power is skipping 1.5.1/2 and 1.5.2 beta packs (you can get those) aren't even finished yet.

Where did you get this knowledge from? Eloraam has not posted on her twitter since mid April. Then, all she said was "So 1.5 isn't as bad as I'd expected, a lot of damage in a couple specific areas but overall most of the code compiles."
There has also been no updates to her blog, or her MCF post (last activity Aug/2012)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
At the very least he's right in regards to FTB, you know, the thread where OmegaPython just directed you to the OP of the thread.

Anyway, v.03 is out but I'm having trouble downloading it. It does the download and everything but nothing changes and I have to keep redownloading it. Hopefully removing Rei's and Optifine will fix this little issue (and then I'll just re-add them even though optifine seems not to play well with MPS). Anyone that has been able to update know what was changed?

smenes

Jul 29, 2019
At the very least he's right in regards to FTB, you know, the thread where OmegaPython just directed you to the OP of the thread.

Anyway, v.03 is out but I'm having trouble downloading it. It does the download and everything but nothing changes and I have to keep redownloading it. Hopefully removing Rei's and Optifine will fix this little issue (and then I'll just re-add them even though optifine seems not to play well with MPS). Anyone that has been able to update know what was changed?
when you update to 0.3 take the download link in the console and copy/paste the link in your web browser. like that you can download the 0.3 version and install manually

see this post http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-5-2-private-pack-bug-reports.22051/page-6#post-276737

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I saw it in the bug list after I had mentioned it. Generally for whatever reason when something updates it makes me download it twice before it will actually update. That's why I wasn't sure if it was just me or not before reading it in the bug list :X

Also, in regards to lighting a Nether portal mentioned earlier, if you have Ars Magica installed you should be able to shoot it with fire to ignite it instead of the lava + wood trick.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, have what I believe to be v.3 installed (wgt) and it looks like they only added iron chests default enabled and compact solars default disabled. The only other thing I'm seeing (or in this case not hearing) that has changed is none of the doors or pressure plates are making any noise.

Having said that, I found a pretty useful seed which kinda makes me wish this was the stable version with all the world gen mods already added :X
Seed is : 43681820231490920796
It starts you near a desert with a pretty decent sized village (with presents, won't spoil it), a plains biome that spawned several redwood trees (yay wood and charcoal), a forest, and a jungle. There are also quite a few areas of surface stone and ore, but I haven't tried the nether to see if the spawn there is crap. If you're not too attached to the worlds (you really shouldn't be) it's one I'd suggest so you can get through the early game a good deal quicker due to the layout. Pretty much once you find some lava (of which there are a few surface pools) you'll be able to go to the nether fairly easily. That said that's mostly for those that want to play it in survival to stumble upon bugs rather than actively trying to find bugs that you might think of in creative.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
Where did you get this knowledge from? Eloraam has not posted on her twitter since mid April. Then, all she said was "So 1.5 isn't as bad as I'd expected, a lot of damage in a couple specific areas but overall most of the code compiles."
There has also been no updates to her blog, or her MCF post (last activity Aug/2012)

I heard that ftb 1.5.2 won't have red power but 1.6 is, so I assumed there won't be red power 1.5.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.