Mod Pack Update

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone goes to the trouble of getting Biomes of plenty to work would really appreciate a config.
Yes I am lazy, but I really can't be arsed doing all that again after last time ;)

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean? It worked out of the box for me

Oh really? no ID conflicts with TF?
Maybe I should have tried befoe jumping to conclusions then :)

Edit: just tried and getting id conflicts with Natura.

Spitefulrain, what pack you using, ngt or wgt ? Also, and not meaning to be patronising but you sure it was BOP and not biomes xl ? I ask as I know biomes XL works out the box.

theskillzmonkey

Jul 29, 2019

Spitefulrain, what pack you using, ngt or wgt ? Also, and not meaning to be patronising but you sure it was BOP and not biomes xl ? I ask as I know biomes XL works out the box.

This worked for me, i'm using wgt though so if you're using ngt it may not work[DOUBLEPOST=1369572974][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just a note, you'll have to change the file to a .cfg file or copy and paste the contents into the file biomeoplenty creates because i had to make this one a .txt file as it wouldn't let me upload it otherwise :/

Attachments

• BiomesOPlenty.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 176

Merachon

Jul 29, 2019
could anyone offer a solution as to why making a server using forge server does not work with the 1.5.2 beta testing pack, as I would love to create a server for me and my friends to play on. Thanks in advance

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
This worked for me, i'm using wgt though so if you're using ngt it may not work[DOUBLEPOST=1369572974][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just a note, you'll have to change the file to a .cfg file or copy and paste the contents into the file biomeoplenty creates because i had to make this one a .txt file as it wouldn't let me upload it otherwise :/

ty ty ty.
If I could like your post more than once i would.

I had issues changing the file into a useable .cfg so all i did was to copy / paste all the info into the existing BOP .cfg. (after deleting the origional content) as you suggested.

TLDR: it works !

Note: I am using the no gregtech version. So it would seen those configs work for both versions.
Thx again.

smenes

Jul 29, 2019
could anyone offer a solution as to why making a server using forge server does not work with the 1.5.2 beta testing pack, as I would love to create a server for me and my friends to play on. Thanks in advance
there is no server download, because we are waiting for mods that have worlgen

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you're removing any type of client side mods (Minimap, InvTweaks, etc..)

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
It's simple. Since I agree with the FTB team on why the server isn't released yet I am not going to offer any help. Sorry.

Reactions: killrbladez

Merachon

Jul 29, 2019
It's simple. Since I agree with the FTB team on why the server isn't released yet I am not going to offer any help. Sorry.
I know the reasons for them not releasing, me and my friends were just going to mess around on a server for a few days while we are off and try out the 1.5.2 stuff

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Disclaimer: This works for me, your mileage may vary. I'm only using the server setup I made until FTB releases one of their own, at which point I intend to switch to the one they provide.

This was made with the ngt version of the 1.52 client beta.

1. I created an empty folder for the server files (FTBServer).
  2. I downloaded a clean copy of the 1.52 minecraft server from https://minecraft.net/download
  3. I copied the minecraft_server.jar file into the FTBServer folder created in step 1.
  4. I then used the MinecraftForge.zip file found in the 152ngt/instMods folder of my FTB 1.52 client beta to update the clean minecraft_server.jar file. (if you don't know how to add the contents of the MinecraftForge.zip to the minecraft_server.jar, you're probably better off waiting for FTB to put a server out...)
  5. DO NOT delete the META_INF folder inside the minecraft_server.jar file.
  6. I copied the following folders from my FTB 1.52 Client (ngt version, remember) folder into the FTBServer folder: bin, config, coremods, lib, mods.
  7. Lastly, I added a batch file that executes the single line "java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui" and called it something obvious, like ServerStart.bat.
At this point, assuming you have a proper java path set up, you haven't skipped any steps, you haven't pissed off any gypsies in the last 15 years, and your zodiac sign is in proper alignment iwth the sun and moon, executing ServerStart.bat should crank up your 1.52 server. It'll spit out a lot of text output, but eventually should say something like:
2013-05-26 13:11:08 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Done (0.863s)! For help, type "hel
p" or "?"
2013-05-26 13:11:08 [INFO] [PortalGun] [1.5.1] Loading world properties.
2013-05-26 13:11:08 [INFO] [STDOUT] Loading NEI

If you get nada, a syntax error, a "java not found", "java? what's java?", or a "how about a nice cup of tea?" type error, don't look at me. Just re-read my disclaimer at the top.

For the 1% this actually helps, cool beans. For the ones this frustrates, my apologies in advance, I am trying to help. :)

Reactions: Merachon

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't plan to offer a solution then don't bother posting at all.

People these days...
People's these days? I said if the FTB Team didn't have a reason not to release a server pack I would help. No offense was meant especially not towards you. On a side note, it is the Internet and from what I have seen barely anybody has thick skin here. (Or at least in this thread)

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
User received warning for trolling for this post.

People's these days? I said if the FTB Team didn't have a reason not to release a server pack I would help. No offense was meant especially not towards you. On a side note, it is the Internet and from what I have seen barely anybody has thick skin here. (Or at least in this thread)

Reactions: Kazekai

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
I'm studying to be a journalist. I think I know a little English. Auto correct does screw me up sometimes though. That's why I don't write my articles on an iPad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 121

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
I found a way to reduce the lag from the Beta Packs. It has worked for me, I can't promise it will work for everyone else. Having assumed you read the first part of my post open the spoiler below.
The first thing I did was move the instance from the launcher to MultiMC.
Once you You do that right click on the instance then click settings. Then uncheck the box in the middle of the settings tab labeled Use Defaults. You should then be able to edit where it says JVM Arguments. By default this has nothing in it. What I did was add the following: -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
Without specifically specifying that by default that is 64 MB. I did go alittle OCD with 512m but it should not affect you negatively. If you want to know what this option does, it basically increases the allocated PermGen memory. PermGen memory is short for Permanent Generation Memory. I could write a whole essay on PermGen memory so if you want to know more I recommend you look it up. Note that perm gen memory is not the actual memory allocated. It is used by the JVM to hold internal representations of java classes. Why this gave me good results, I don't even know myself. I just like to tinker with things alittle and sometimes good comes out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.