Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
I might be set to bypass our cache systems I cant remember, either way I cleared them now so it should be fine.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Boo, they didn't configure MPs and MFR to handle certain trees. I tried to use them on a massive Redwood tree and what looked to be a cherry tree and nada, and considering the redwood went from around sea level to 216...

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to ruin your fun guys, but Iron Chests is missing from the GT pack.

#blamecaptainnana :p
Boo, they didn't configure MPs and MFR to handle certain trees. I tried to use them on a massive Redwood tree and what looked to be a cherry tree and nada, and considering the redwood went from around sea level to 216...

Thats why these packs are labeled beta :p

Reactions: Gr3n

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I know, though I couldn't find any way to configure this specifically so far. However, the MFR harvester does work on TC3 trees, haven't tried rubber trees yet.

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the deal with 1.02 of the Ultimate pack? That was supposed to come out of beta some week or more back. Please update with new information.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Beta without Gregtech has NO sort of biome adder. no biomes a plenty OR ExtraBiomesXL.. #blamecaptainnana

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Beta without Gregtech has NO sort of biome adder. no biomes a plenty OR ExtraBiomesXL.. #blamecaptainnana

It also doesn't like the recommended version of TreeCap (r01) Testing r02 now.
Confirmed: Dev build r02 does allow for modpack launching.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019

You say that like beta with Gregtech has a biome mod... Which it doesn't.
Real shame BOP wasn't in but early days.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
It's the same with Gregtech. They might have to do a lot of configs to get certain systems to work right with the trees. Natura trees won't work with MFR and MPS's tree cutters while so far the rest of them do (the only "exception" is the gigantic trees such as the Sequoia for MFR because they're tall for the search range to fully cut down). Considering BoP and EBXL both add tons of trees and with them blocks and more it's easy to see why they might not have been added yet, even if we dislike the fact they aren't currently in. Do remember that nothing is guaranteed in these packs yet so don't get too attached to your world.

Anyway, MFR's limitations on tree height can be config'd iirc, but making it larger might put too much stress on lower end pcs and servers. You can cut down the very large trees with MPS's option, but then it could cause entity lag from all the blocks coming down at once and massive amounts of leaf decay. You could theoretically have two harvesters set up, one at the base and one where the first one stops cutting, but such a setup isn't guaranteed to work so I would suggest sticking to within the search range of the current configs for tree height when breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.