Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
We can just add it in via the launcher without ID conflicts though right? You are still doing that "standardized ID" thing to make this easy aren't you? I thought the ultimate pack was supposed to be that pack where you add in every mod, or that there was supposed to be a pack with every FTB mod added into it?

Ultimate pack is simply the combination off most if the "Stable" mods that were in FTB packs.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked Ars Magicia will force overwrite conflicts instead of causing a crash. FTB Ultimate is not intended for people to add any mod to it. Some may work by default if you are lucky, but others will just not work unless you fiddle with their config.

As for balancing. The FTB team isn't thinking Oh Kazekai does not care about balance so we will just skip it. Instead they are thinking about the community. You think people wont complain when about half of the world is ores, all from different mods.

You don't have to be a smartass about it, I said that because I wouldn't mind if there were "balance issues" on my own server if it were possible to add it in manually - as long as there are no ID conflicts. I guess OP mods or too many ores would bother other people and that's fine too. Also the mod is supposed to be a Forge mod from 1.5 and up isn't it?

Also, if Ultimate is not supposed to be the pack that contains every FTB mod by default, when is that coming? Around the time Magic World was new, one of the devs said something about a pack that would contain every mod in case people just wanted to use them all and seeing as ultimate has the most mods, that was my first guess.

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to be a smartass about it, I said that because I wouldn't mind if there were "balance issues" on my own server if it were possible to add it in manually - as long as there are no ID conflicts. I guess OP mods or too many ores would bother other people and that's fine too. Also the mod is supposed to be a Forge mod from 1.5 and up isn't it?

Also, if Ultimate is not supposed to be the pack that contains every FTB mod by default, when is that coming? Around the time Magic World was new, one of the devs said something about a pack that would contain every mod in case people just wanted to use them all and seeing as ultimate has the most mods, that was my first guess.
I wasn't trying to come across as a smart ass but I can see why you may have thought that. That was not my intention, sorry. Forgot to add the little disclaimer I usually put when posting comments like that

Reactions: NoobIsMeX

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't trying to come across as a smart ass but I can see why you may have thought that. That was not my intention, sorry. Forgot to add the little disclaimer I usually put when posting comments like that

Oh, ok then, sorry on my end too...

Jennifer Stuart

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I'm relatively new to FTB and I just wanted to say thank you to Slow and the rest of the FTB team. My friends and I are anxiously anticipating the updates and it's really hard to be patient, but we know how hard you and the mods are working to get us this amazing game. So, thank you again, and if there's anything that we can do to help, will you let us know?

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to FTB Jennifer! We are all waiting anxiously for the updates, with varying degrees of patience, so you are in good company. Hope you have a lot of fun and happy minecrafting!

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
Shame FTB guys seems more interested in putting up yet another forgecraft server instance for themselves than sharing it with everyone else by actually releasing a pack. Apparently we have to wait through all over the 1.51, 1.52, 1.53, etc itterations for that to ever happen.

FTB has nothing to do with forgecraft. It´s just that for example slowpoke plays on forgecraft

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
is 1.1.0 out? I don't see it in the launcher (only 1.0.1...)

VAbzq0U.png

Reactions: MrHohenheim

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you are adventurous I'd stick with the recommended 1.0.1. 1.1.0 is still in testing as is 1.0.2(or did 1.1.0 replace 1.0.2?)
They're both available for public use, but 1.0.1 (as far as I know) is still the recommended version.
I believe they're looking for a good balance, since there are still possible game breaking bugs, since everyone is working on 1.5.x builds.

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing is RP 2 thing. So difficult with it's situation, but more difficult without the mod.
Hope 1.5 will include it.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing is RP 2 thing. So difficult with it's situation, but more difficult without the mod.
it wont. he said it in the comments or the article above. though alot of the redstone mechanics can be replicated. the other stuff will be missed.

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
it wont. he said it in the comments or the article above. though alot of the redstone mechanics can be replicated. the other stuff will be missed.
If it gets updated I believe they will add it. The only reason RP isn't updated is because of RL getting in the way of it.

Reactions: NoobIsMeX
Status
Not open for further replies.