Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to put up a quick update with regards to the very latest news of the upcoming pack releases. Please note that from this point on all of these posts come with the following disclaimer.

* This outlined timeline is our current estimated time for release. No promises are given or guarantees offered. These are the timelines we hope to achieve, however sometimes unforeseen events prevent us from achieving these goals.*

Having said that, the final versions of 1.4.7 Ultimate, Direwolf20 and Mindcrack packs are in final testing right now. Essentially these contain several mod updates to their final 1.4.7 versions and in the case of the Mindcrack pack the mod Bibliocraft will be added in. Unless something critical comes from somewhere, the next updates to any of these packs isn't expected until several weeks after the release of 1.6 at the earliest. These updates should be on the launcher for open testing in the next 24 hours and pushed to recommended a couple of days after.

Final testing for the 1.5 pack will take place Monday, however this shouldnt need to take more than a couple of days and we currently expect it to be available on the launcher sometime next week. The initial pack is expected to release on 1.5.1 initially and be updated to 1.5.2 as and when mod updates permit. This will remain something of a preview pack for the duration of 1.5 with the aim of moving it to recommended sometime during the 1.6 Minecraft cycle although it is to early to say on that.

Once that is complete, work will then start on a new pack entitled Magicworld 2. This is a featured follow-up to Magicworld. This pack should be much more focused than the first Magicworld pack with some of the old techy mods that were in Magicworld removed and some nice new mods added in. There is no mod list for this pack available as we are still confirming some of the mods. I cannot give an eta on this yet as there are a couple of pack critical mods that are not yet ready for release in this pack and we will need to wait on those being ready.

That pretty much covers the latest I think and if any further news becomes available I will get that information out.

1.5.2 beta pack: http://feed-the-beast.com/15beta.php

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update Slow. I hope all goes well with the packs this time. I'm assuming, because of Magic World 2, you have decided not to put Ars Magica in Ultimate/Beta 1.5 Pack?

Reactions: mathjazz

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Will ultimate 1.4.7 and 1.5.x have RP2 in it, I wanna know if I need to re-start my world anytime soon (bee/tree breeding beginning to get serious, not to mention all the TC3 nodes I'm about to move.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update Slow. I hope all goes well with the packs this time. I'm assuming, because of Magic World 2, you have decided not to put Ars Magica in Ultimate/Beta 1.5 Pack?

These are hard decisions to make and as always this is subjective and really only based really on what I believe is best for the overall pack. However as things stand at this moment the answer to your question is that we wont be including Ars Magica in our main pack by default.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the update! Hope that everything goes smoothly! Thanks for all you do for FTB.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Will ultimate 1.4.7 and 1.5.x have RP2 in it, I wanna know if I need to re-start my world anytime soon (bee/tree breeding beginning to get serious, not to mention all the TC3 nodes I'm about to move.

Ultimate 1.4.7 already has Red Power in it. As things stand there is no update to Red Power 2 for 1.5 available so it wont be in any packs that we create for 1.5. This is the main reason we wont be pushing out recommended packs for 1.5 and instead we plan to wait till 1.6 where a much clearer picture should emerge. For right now, we encourage servers to remain on 1.4.7 builds as updating to 1.5 effectively means a world restart. However for those wanting to play on 1.5, we will be putting out a pack that will give them the opportunity to do so.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
So Magic World 2 will be separate from Magic World? Why not just update Magic World, it seems kind of dead.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Why is the 1.5 version of the packs releasin at the same time that 1.6?

Does redpower takes THAT long to update?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Why is the 1.5 version of the packs releasin at the same time that 1.6?

Does redpower takes THAT long to update?
The 1.5 version of the pack will not be released at the same time of 1.6. A beta pack will be (hopefully) released some time next week. The pack released with 1.6 will be, a 1.6 pack, from my interpretation of that post, and I believe that that is giving some of the mods (RP2 in particular) a time to show at least signs of a working update, and indication that they will continuing their mod (no, Eloraam's tweets aren't enough for me), before it is decided to officially drop it from the pack, something that may well corrupt people's worlds, and people will be generally upset about

Reactions: akamanu

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Slow, and all the team. It's a hard path to bring a medium between all the mods, stability and MC versions.

Reactions: Gun_Shy

Davosaur

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 has been showing off some of the new mods (and vanilla 1.5x) on the Forgecraft 2 server. Any idea if and when a new Direwolf20 pack will be available?

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Restart the world? When has a world not bin compatible with the previous version of minecraft or FTB?
Exactly. There are reasons to reboot a world, but with such awesome mods as Mystcraft, there are ways around it.

If you don't run Mystcraft to make a new digging age, you can always run like a madman and create more worldgen. It is VERY rare that you NEED to throw a world away. There are *reasons* why it may be wise, but it's not *needed*.

IsaruNooj

Jul 29, 2019
Will 1.5 have Tinker's Construct? o-o I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.