Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffelbor

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I've been looking for an answer to, but haven't found one yet is if the Ultimate mod pack that's in testing for 1.5 is available for anyone to test or if it's a select few? I've been searching through threads to see if there's a link for it but haven't come up with anything yet?

Also, something I haven't found an answer too...are world files upgrade-able or when the switch comes to 1.5 or 1.6 bits will that require new world files to be generated?

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
The principle issues with Ars Magica revolve around current balance issues. It may well be that these are resolved later on and at that point we can take a fresh look at the situation. As to the 1.5 pack it will of course be open to all to use. We make no promises however that worlds created using this pack will be future compatible.

ENDER357

Jul 29, 2019
The principle issues with Ars Magica revolve around current balance issues. It may well be that these are resolved later on and at that point we can take a fresh look at the situation. As to the 1.5 pack it will of course be open to all to use. We make no promises however that worlds created using this pack will be future compatible.
will it be 1.5.2? or 1.5.1?

Toffelbor

Jul 29, 2019
As to the 1.5 pack it will of course be open to all to use.
I see it being mentioned in different threads that a beta ultimate pack for 1.5 already exists, but I can't seem to find where to get it...I'd love to help test out the server implementation on our server to see how it plays with existing worlds...after I back it up like a 100 times first that is. heh.

alely

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. There are reasons to reboot a world, but with such awesome mods as Mystcraft, there are ways around it.

If you don't run Mystcraft to make a new digging age, you can always run like a madman and create more worldgen. It is VERY rare that you NEED to throw a world away. There are *reasons* why it may be wise, but it's not *needed*.
Guess I read something wrong then! XD, I do have a mining age though.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Haha I love that disclaimer. Please refer to the previous post (http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/feed-the-beast-redpower-and-1-5-x.18827/) and the 9000+ negative comments about the changed release date to get the joke.

@Slow, Thank you for the update and the awesome disclaimer. It helps the community understand what's going on with FTB and the game we all love to play.

@NJM The majority of the comments were not about the changed release date. The comments were mostly about the lack of communication. Additionally, it is unnecessary to even bring that up in this thread as it is unrelated to understand why there was a need for a disclaimer. Further, who says that specific thread was the reason Slow added a disclaimer to this one. In short, bringing up the other thread is just trolling this one.

Reactions: mathjazz

Danman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hoping AE gets updated in the next 1.4.7 direwold20 modpack fingers crossed.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
What's the hold up for making Ultimate 1.0.2 (for 1.4.7) a Reccomended Build? It's been listed as Testing for three weeks, what needs to be done to call it Live?

ctate

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this isn't derailing much, but ... where can we find out what individual mod versions are active in each modpack? In particular, e.g. what version of ThermalExpansion is built into FTB Ultimate 1.0.1, and/or what version will be included in the next Ultimate update?

[Specifically, I see that the TE guys say that in late February they fixed the bugs with redstone energy cells interacting with BC3 gates, which is very happy news indeed....]

- c

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Nope I checked it out I'm not crazy.
https://twitter.com/Soaryn117/status/324096222866599936
Soaryn "Want to start a 1.5 world? Worried about ores not generating? Not any more! Thanks Azanor's help, XyCraft now has Retro Gen ores."
Right, you're giving credit to soaryn for azanor's work. Azanor is the first modder to actually add retrogen, and soaryn got the retrogen from azanor, so if retrogen is going to spread, it's going to be from azanor's code, not soaryn's.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Right, you're giving credit to soaryn for azanor's work. Azanor is the first modder to actually add retrogen, and soaryn got the retrogen from azanor, so if retrogen is going to spread, it's going to be from azanor's code, not soaryn's.

Ok if the code sorayn got from azanor gets passed around. Seriously stop trying to start an argument.

Reactions: AlanEsh

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this isn't derailing much, but ... where can we find out what individual mod versions are active in each modpack? In particular, e.g. what version of ThermalExpansion is built into FTB Ultimate 1.0.1, and/or what version will be included in the next Ultimate update?

[Specifically, I see that the TE guys say that in late February they fixed the bugs with redstone energy cells interacting with BC3 gates, which is very happy news indeed....]

- c
Check the FTB Pack Comparison link in my signature.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Can't see how you can go to 1.5.2 since King Lemming (Thermal Expansion) is skipping it and in all packs, looks like a few others are too.

Status
Not open for further replies.