Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Not trying to be rude: but it's been said a billion times: Xycraft is not - will not be - available for 1.5.2. The developer is waiting for 1.6

Yes go complane to Soaryn I'm sure he enjoys hearing that question all the time as much as we do. :p

minator

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to force 0.8 to appear in the launcher ? Mine still shows 0.7 only ...
I tried removing and adding the private pack again ...
Also I have two lines saying "0.7 NGT" and I can only remove one, is there a way to clean the second one ? :confused:

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to force 0.8 to appear in the launcher ? Mine still shows 0.7 only ...
I tried removing and adding the private pack again ...
Also I have two lines saying "0.7 NGT" and I can only remove one, is there a way to clean the second one ? :confused:
You have to change it from recommended to 0.8

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
thanks but that is one of the first things I tried :p
I have the impression that the list of my packs is somehow corrupted, is there a way to clean it ?
Not sure where you came up with that impression - the list just shows the recommended version; not what you have installed.

If you have 0.8 listed instead of recommended - then you have 0.8 installed; it doesn't matter what the list says.

minator

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where you came up with that impression - the list just shows the recommended version; not what you have installed.

If you have 0.8 listed instead of recommended - then you have 0.8 installed; it doesn't matter what the list says.

the impression that the list is corrupted comes from the fact that I have a line saying "0.7 non greg tech" and I can't remove it. When I try it says "invalid pack"

to start a pack I click on the line in the list which says "0.7 with greg tech" and it launches correctly. I don't think it is the 0.8 version as I can connect to my server which I installed in 0.7 last week, so somehow the 0.8 won't show up in my list and I can't launch it :oops:

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I think I see what you're saying. Try hitting options; and click 'force update'; but make sure the pulldown says 0.8 before you do it.

EDIT: And to delete the pack; click on private packs - and type in 152ngt (or 152wgt) and then remove.

minator

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I think I see what you're saying. Try hitting options; and click 'force update'; but make sure the pulldown says 0.8 before you do it.

EDIT: And to delete the pack; click on private packs - and type in 152ngt (or 152wgt) and then remove.

yes, that's what I do to delete the pack and I get the "invalid pack" message, this is why I think it is corrupted somehow ...

I tried also "force update" before but still the same version launches :mad:

Thanks for trying to help, I think I will just dive into the launcher's source code and try to debug whats going on ...

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I tried also "force update" before but still the same version launches :mad:
Thanks for trying to help, I think I will just dive into the launcher's source code and try to debug whats going on ...

Well, there is one more thing you can do that's a guaranteed fix: run %appdata% and you'll see a folder called 'ftblauncher' - delete it and reinstall FTB. Before you reinstall, I'd probably want to go to where FTB is installed - and delete 152ngt and 152wgt manually just to make sure it's dead.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there is one more thing you can do that's a guaranteed fix: run %appdata% and you'll see a folder called 'ftblauncher' - delete it and reinstall FTB. Before you reinstall, I'd probably want to go to where FTB is installed - and delete 152ngt and 152wgt manually just to make sure it's dead.
And copy your save files. If there is anything you want to save.

Arii1986

Jul 29, 2019
So thought I would enter the Nether today for the first time since NetherOres was added - I noticed that the textures for gregtech ores (cinnabar and that sphalerite stuff) look really weird...

minator

Jul 29, 2019

hey ! that was what I was looking for ! I just did not expect the launcher to store its information in a windows specific location, silly me :D

I have cleared the "ftblauncher" folder and now its downloading something, I hope it is the new version ! ;)

thanks a bunch for your help ! :)

EDIT : it worked, thanks again !!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So thought I would enter the Nether today for the first time since NetherOres was added - I noticed that the textures for gregtech ores (cinnabar and that sphalerite stuff) look really weird...

Texture updates. They happen. Didn't you notice the thamcraft ores are different too.

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
Small tiny suggestion for something I found when looking around in 0.8 wgt.
Maybe possibly disable plugins for forestry on GT packs if you want to its all up you.....
As some of the values of EU generation are way above the regulars, and they make some of gregs machines obsolete...
Just a suggestion, and I appreciate feedback :D dont yell at me :S[DOUBLEPOST=1372674706][/DOUBLEPOST]An example of my previous point
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=118157#post118157
And it doesnt have to be 'disabled', more that the numbers are adjusted so they make sence.

Also, I thought it was deliberate that GT stuff only goes into cells, and not into buckets and stuff, but this allows that to happen, even though there is no use for it, as only cells work in machines.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else getting a lot of sound related crashes in v0.8? also, game locked up when a creeper creeped on me so it downed me -_-

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
I'm staying away from 0.8 for now. Seems to be a fair few crashy bugs. I tried updating MPS/MPSA to the versions included in 0.8 and it got super crashy when using the Tinker Table.

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else getting a lot of sound related crashes in v0.8? also, game locked up when a creeper creeped on me so it downed me -_-

I had a lot of crashes with the beta pack (usually involving openal64.dll) A good search brought me to the Lightweight Java Game Library. Apparently Minecraft uses this Library but includes an old version. I reckon the FTB mod-devs are a little more cutting edge than vanilla ;)

The official download page is here: http://www.lwjgl.org/download.php
It includes versions for all supported OS and they go somewhere in your Minecraft folder. (Sorry I'm at work so can't be more precise :) )

Updating these files sorted all my problems but be careful, make backups yada yada..
Don't break things you can't fix ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.