Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arii1986

Jul 29, 2019
0.8 seems a little borked - grinding some skellies in my xp farm, 'bout 100 derping around - switch on the lava mob softener and crash.

Deleted the resources folder as someone suggested a couple of pages ago and apart from the onslaught of skellies that glitched out of the trap, everything seemed fine.

So yeah.... think I'm going back to 0.7 for a while

nursemmalee

Jul 29, 2019
The 0.8 update to the FTB 1.5.2 ngt/wgt packs is now on the launcher!

There's a bit more to this one, so let's start from the top.

New Mods
  • Creeper Collateral (2.0.1)
  • MPSAddons (0.3.0-174)
  • NetherOre (2.1.5-75)
  • SecretRooms (4.6.0.283)
  • XenosReliquary (1.0.6d)
Updated Mods

• CodeChickenCore (0.8.7.3)
  • ChickenChunks (1.3.2.14)
  • CompactSolars (4.2.0.52)
  • EnderStorage (1.4.2.16)
  • EnhancedPortals (1.0.5)
  • Forestry (2.2.8.3)
  • GregTech (3.08f)
  • InventoryTweaks (1.54b) (Note: Reverted from 1.55-dev to prod release)
  • IronChest (5.2.8.446)
  • ModularPowerSuits (0.7.1-556)
  • Natura (2.1.1)
  • ThaumicTinkerer (1.0.6)
  • ThermalExpansion (2.4.6.0)
  • TinkersConstruct (1.3.6.7)
  • TwilightForest (1.18.2)
Disabled Mods

A range of mods are now disabled by default. These mods are (and the reason for such, is):
  • NucleumOmnium (coremod) & DeathTimer: Awesome mod, but still beta and can cause crashes.
  • BiomesOPlenty: Disabled because not everyone wants biomes.
  • NetherOre: Disabled because some people think it's "cheaty" (personally, I love it).
  • SecretRooms: More server focused than single player.
  • VendorBlock: Can cause crashes in creative mode, and only server focused.
  • XenosReliquary: Disabled because some people think *parts* of it is "cheaty".
One of the core reasons to include disabled mods, was to allow people the *choice* to use them and to ensure that they are provided with configs that should sync right in with the pack.

To enable a mod, simply use the Edit Mod Pack button on the launcher. You can then enable (or indeed, disable) any mod from there.

In the case of BiomesOPlenty, you will need an additional step. In single player games, you will need to enable the World Type to "Biomes O Plenty". In online servers, you will need to change the level-type value in the server.properties file to BIOMESOP.

A Final Word

There was one issue with itemID changes; testers using the NGT version will find the OmniTools items "Artifact" and "OmniWrench" to vanish. Am sorry about that. It seemed the itemIDs became different at one stage between packs, so they have been re-aligned.

It shouldn't *need* to be said, but I'll say it away. These packs are still in testing mode. Whilst quite a few bugs have been addressed, some remain. So please remember, you're not just playing the game, you're testing it. If you find an issue, that's awesome! Jump into a bug reporting thread and post away! The more information we get, the more we can diagnose ourselves and push onwards to mod authors where needed.

And now, if you will excuse me, I shall slump in the corner with a coffee for an hour or two.

How exactly does one "enable the World Type to "Biomes O Plenty""? I am looking at the BOP config file and don't see exactly where I need to do this.

Thank you for all your hard work Wyld and other FTB crew. :)

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly does one "enable the World Type to "Biomes O Plenty""? I am looking at the BOP config file and don't see exactly where I need to do this.

Thank you for all your hard work Wyld and other FTB crew. :)
click 'edit mod pack' from the main menu (before you would normally hit launch) - find Biomes and click the button that moves it to the enabled side.

for a server, delete the '.disabled' (it's in the mod folders) - and do the rest that you have in the quote.

EDIT: Don't mess with the config file; except to turn off certain biomes.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
This is kinda weird. In wgt v0.8 if you destroy any block near galena ore or the galena ore itself with a hammer it destroy it, but if you use a pickaxe it doesn't.

Edit: well apparently I might be wrong. For some of the ore while it was in the ground it would change textures. If you hit it with the hammer it breaks into pinkish purple particles. It seemed to not drop the block if it was mined straight from the ground but seems to work if you place it and then mine it again. Gonna have to look into a bit more.

nursemmalee

Jul 29, 2019
click 'edit mod pack' from the main menu (before you would normally hit launch) - find Biomes and click the button that moves it to the enabled side.

for a server, delete the '.disabled' (it's in the mod folders) - and do the rest that you have in the quote.

EDIT: Don't mess with the config file; except to turn off certain biomes.

Yes, I've done the "Edit Mod Pack" and move the mods over thing... I'm talking about the additional step Wyld is saying needs to be done for it to work. The part that I bolded and changed to red in my previous post.

Edited::
This is what I see in the config that seems to pertain.

####################
# biome settings
####################

"biome settings" {
B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=false
B:"Enhanced Vanilla Biomes"=true
}

####################
# biomes o' plenty world type settings
####################

"biomes o' plenty world type settings" {
# Default World Type has 4. Large Biomes World Type has 6.
I:"Biome Size"=4

# In Vanilla it is set to 32
I:"Distance between villages"=32
}

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
There are no extra steps. Not unless you're on a server. Then you change server.properties - nothing else. That's on your server; not the config files.

In single player, you change the biome type from standard to biomes o plenty when creating a game.

delsolsi213

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I've done the "Edit Mod Pack" and move the mods over thing... I'm talking about the additional step Wyld is saying needs to be done for it to work. The part that I bolded and changed to red in my previous post.

Edited::
This is what I see in the config that seems to pertain.

####################
# biome settings
####################

"biome settings" {
B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=false
B:"Enhanced Vanilla Biomes"=true
}

####################
# biomes o' plenty world type settings
####################

"biomes o' plenty world type settings" {
# Default World Type has 4. Large Biomes World Type has 6.
I:"Biome Size"=4

# In Vanilla it is set to 32
I:"Distance between villages"=32
}

lol @other useless posts failing hard at helping you, anyways mate here is what you have to do, open your server.properties file and search for this
level-type=DEFAULT and change it to level-type=BIOMESOP.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
lol @other useless posts failing hard at helping you, anyways mate here is what you have to do, open your server.properties file and search for this
level-type=DEFAULT and change it to level-type=BIOMESOP.
Before calling someone's post useless - you might want to actually read it first. He's not getting that he has already done what he thinks 'is an extra step'.

EDIT: And you do realize that what you said won't start biomes on a server either - you only gave half the instructions. You need to enable the mod first. It's disabled by default there, too.

nursemmalee

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. This:

In single player, you change the biome type from standard to biomes o plenty when creating a game.

is the information I was looking for. However, it only gives me 3 choices... Default, Superflat, and Large Biomes. No Biomes O Plenty. I'm probably STILL not looking in the right place. -_-

P.S. I'm a "she". ;P

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
is the information I was looking for. However, it only gives me 3 choices... Default, Superflat, and Large Biomes. No Biomes O Plenty.

P.S. I'm a "she". ;P
Ah, sorry! :)

That means it's still not enabled. That's actually a pet-peeve of mine with FTB; you enable something - it deletes your settings when it downloads an update. Re-enable it again, then it'll work.

nursemmalee

Jul 29, 2019
That means it's still not enabled. That's actually a pet-peeve of mine with FTB; you enable something - it deletes your settings when it downloads an update. Re-enable it again, then it'll work.

Yay! Done and done. :)

I appreciate your help. It was the "...when creating a game." part that I was missing that led me to assume it was something I needed to do elsewhere.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, sorry! :)

I hope the new launcher will support persistant and customer configs... that way I can play with GT the way I want to.

Codayus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a crash whenever I try and analyse a rocky bee. Seemed to work fine on 0.7. Anyone else?

Edit: Jinx.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.