Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Some small things that I really can't believe haven't been implemented yet:
  • Forestry cocoa been farms, seriously how has this not been added yet. Maybe it's been delayed because of the multiblock farms development I don't know, but as of now it's just a lot of block breakers and deployers that can get very very VERY bulky after a while.
  • Xeno's Reliquary, mob blood. I have no idea what it'd be used for but you could get it by killing mobs with a syringe. Just imagine how cool it'd be on SMP, "Hey guys, I have an entire tank full of mob blood, want some?"
  • Thaumcraft 3, a watch that controls time. As of now there's not really any use for the tempus aspect and there is not one single mod that adds a (reasonably non-op) way of controlling time. It would take 1000 vis from the environment and cause a ton of flux. But it would totally be worth it!
  • GregTech, Thaumonitory Generator. It adds a generator that runs off dragon eggs, why not vis?
These are all really just three second ideas, so feel free to give me crappy feedback on them.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The way I imagined the nightstone was that it would automatically eat all light around it, so no matter which is placed first, glow or night, the light would be nommed.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
  • Forestry cocoa been farms, seriously how has this not been added yet. Maybe it's been delayed because of the multiblock farms development I don't know, but as of now it's just a lot of block breakers and deployers that can get very very VERY bulky after a while.

They have been released with the multi-farms I'm pretty sure, under the manual farms

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
MFR has an option to farm coca beans
  • GregTech, Thaumonitory Generator. It adds a generator that runs off dragon eggs, why not vis?
Magic energy Absorbers & Converters. They also run on enchanted items and and magic containing items like eyes of ender
so feel free to give me excellentfeedback on them.

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't mind a mechanical horse that runs off of either MJ or EU it could have internal storage and possibly move faster than a living horse I also wouldn't mind a carriage or a wagon that horses could pull kinda like a mine cart and a chest cart.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
So, if you're anything like me, you constantly have ideas for cool and interesting items that would be "soooo cool!" And I know that if we all made a seperate thread for each new idea we want to share then they'd just end up being ignored and not getting much exposure to those who actually matter; the mod makers.
On these forums quite a few major modmakers regularly post; the likes of KingLemming(thermal expansion), Machinemuse(modular power suits), Sengir(forestry/buildcraft) etc have been known to post in these forums and maybe they could look at a thread like this.

Anyway, post your ideas for stuff and let's see if any are good enough so that the right people take notice.

Me first XD
I was mining earlier today and thought that the amount of cobble I was mining was ridiculous and I'd love to have a way for it to automatically be voided without it ever cluttering my inventory.
Enter:
THE VOID PICK!
Basically the premise is, you can right click while holding the pick to open a GUI that lets you add up to 9 different items that would be automatically voided if the pick breaks said material.
It would be as fast as a diamond pick (maybe a little slower) and cost 2 diamonds, a minature black hole, and 2 sticks.
QxdmI1T.jpg

Just a quick disclaimer; this is not a "please can some mod maker add this idea and credit me"
I have no coding experience, nor am I likely to ever have any coding experience, if any mod maker finds any idea that I have, be it this one or another in the future, to be worthy of implementation, I ask no credit whatsoever. :)

Now that's out of the way, what ideas do you creative peeps have?

/Lambert
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the void pick idea has been implemented to some degree here (look in the "New Ingots" spoiler): http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1776056-151forge-extra-utilities/#entry22027053

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't mind a mechanical horse that runs off of either MJ or EU it could have internal storage and possibly move faster than a living horse I also wouldn't mind a carriage or a wagon that horses could pull kinda like a mine cart and a chest cart.

With regular IC2 "Get some parts, toss it together"

With BuildCraft "Get a tonne of gears, toss together"

Gregtech: Get every single part you need which will take 1000+ with a new machine for each one, armor must be made from ultrarefined iridiumice alloy with tungestensteel. Then you need a LESU to run it. Plus a bajillion other things.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone deny that making a mechanical horse (no matter how hard to make) would be awesome...?

Mechanical Shadowmere.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my, I need to use this mod! Much nicer pipes and the noise concealer block is a must. Hopefully it has a config to disable things like the peaceful table for server play.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
To be fair, it only works with the Peaceful game mode, so it's probably not a big deal =)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I thought it said "turned the world peaceful" when it was placed. The bane of reading webstuff from a phone. :p

Edit: after going back, I just realized I was watching slowpoke play with this mod on his stream the other day. @lambert your "void pick" of a sort is in this mod.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
How about a block called Darkstone or Nightstone. Basically, looks like glowstone but is black, and instead of raising the light level to 15 (which then gets darker as it travels) It reduces the light level to 0, and has a radius just like a torch.
I actually coded a block like this back in 1.4.5 (it seemed really easy to try, so why not?), it gave off negative light, but normal light is so much more powerful than negative light so the effect was diminished a lot.