Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
It's a quality mod, the quartz is useful for improved cacti. It's great against mobs, because it's light level slows their spawning and the ones that do spawn are handily pricked to death }:{D>

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
tbh the thing I like least about xycraft is the quartz XD
wonder what he's gonna rename it to when he updates to 1.5...

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I don't like it much either. I have yet to see it used in a build...correctly. But I can imagine some good uses for it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
XYcraft is not bad, it has some useful things, but the problem with XYcraft is that it's not delivering the content it was promising right at the start. there is content released bit by bit, and it's not bad content, but most people are looking forward to the things that were advertised in the beginning.

a change to TC3 I would like to see is that you'd be able to make a wisp into a pet so you can take it around with you and it helps you kill stuff :cool:
something someone also suggested with TC3 is that when the flux in a chunk gets too high, the golems in that chunk might start to retaliate :eek:

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
a change to TC3 I would like to see is that you'd be able to make a wisp into a pet so you can take it around with you and it helps you kill stuff :cool:
something someone also suggested with TC3 is that when the flux in a chunk gets too high, the golems in that chunk might start to retaliate :eek:
Yes...
YES!
That would be awesome, people just chillin with their flux on dangerous, not caring about the boxed in wisps, or the occoasional angry zombie, or semi-frequent storms.
This will force people to keep their flux low!

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe just if it was an advanced golems. Those things are crazy, I'm terrified of them. I KNOW Azanor is gonna make them do something to us, one day.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
tbh the thing I like least about xycraft is the quartz XD
wonder what he's gonna rename it to when he updates to 1.5...
Honestly I just use the stuff for decoration and torch replacement. I don't much like how it lights up natural caves (ever-so-slightly decreased challenge) and gets Steve's Carts turned 180 and boring back through my base, but the things are just so damned glitzy when you start hanging them on the walls/ceiling.

Reactions: jumpfight5

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I don't like it much either. I have yet to see it used in a build...correctly. But I can imagine some good uses for it.
iirc, in the latest XyCraft, Quartz Crystals deal damage, you could use it for a mop trap/player trap on a server.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Building upon the larger chests idea, I'd like to see multi-chests in the same style as Xycraft's multitanks. It's annoying how I have to individually stuff things into fabricators on opposite sides of the network by way of routers or sorting machines, when I can't just put the two fabricators that need the item in question adjacent to the input chest.
If we have enormous tanks that can store sixteen thousand buckets worth of liquid, why not have enormous chests that can store over a million items?
My math there: Each cubic meter of space inside the tank should be able to hold the same amount of stuff as a single wooden chest. A wooden chest can store 27 stacks of 64 items. A max-size Xycraft tank is 10 x 10 x 10 meters on the inside, storing 1000 BC tanks worth of liquid. A max-size multichest, then, would store 1000 m^3 * 27 stacks / m^3 * 64 items / stack = 1,728,000 items.

Another, related, multichest sort of idea I had a while back: Obsidian chests (1 wooden chest plus 8 obsidian) that can be assembled into multiblock chests of any size or shape, whose inventory size is proportional to the cube of the number of chests in the multiblock.
One obsidian chest by itself will only have one inventory slot. Two chests adjacent to each other will have a total of eight slots. 3 will have the same inventory as a single wooden chest, at three times the wood cost, plus obsidian. Four will have a total of 81 slots, five will have 125 slots. For comparison, five wooden chests have 135 slots.
11 obsidian chests placed together, by my math, would have 1331 slots- 35 more than twelve diamond chests.
And, of course, the ENTIRE inventory is accessible from one GUI, with a multitude of pages of however many slots, similar to the gui of the Black Hole Chest from Tubestuff; as well as pipes, tubes, Fabricators, and the like.
Additionally, if possible, I would like to see that if the multiblock thinks it has a negative number of slots, it will assume that the integer storing the number of slots overflowed, and thus that its internal volume exceeded its external volume, and must remedy the situation by collapsing itself into a black hole. Chest.
How many chests, exactly, this would require depends on the length of the integer that stores the number of slots. If it's a 32-bit integer, 1291 obsidian chests might just do the trick.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
xycraft?
with bc, rc and xy all having tanks, and te having portable tanks and even tc having them too, its unlikely he will
Oh yeah no doubt about that and I totally understand it if he doesn't, I just did it because I don't quite like having mods just to use a couple things from them, it's just a perk of mine :p

For example BC, the quarry is the item I'd be using mostly and power pipes until I make redstone pipes from TE. RC meh, just for the tanks and maybe steel production and tunnel bore. Xycraft, too futuristic :p Besides, I'm mostly playing with magic mods, having the tech stuff would be kind of weird but TE's a good addition due to its compactness and intelligence.

Of course a mod cannot be tweaked just to a guy's wishes and of course I'm OK with that.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I could have the Magical-conversion thing without Gregtech, as I like *some* challenge but not the level he's posing. I really like XyCraft, and I can see us using a ton of crystals for the future. It's gonna be cool, I know.

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
MOD IDEA

I will preface these ideas by saying that I do not have the ability to program so if someone want to take the ideas and run with be my guest. I have some design and artistic skills I can assist with skins if need be.

Now as for my ideas. I would love it if we could have a mod that would add a tool belt and weapon holster. The tool belt and weapon holster would be items that you'd place in your hot bar that would allow you to hold several tools/weapons in that slot at once. You could then toggle through the tools/ weapons to the one you want to use saving space in your inventory and while having the convenience of your desired tool/ weapon a hot key away.

For example let say the tool belt is in your first slot. If you shift click you can open the interface and add tools to the belt. There can be one two or three tiers of belts that hold more items. I'm thinking the first tier could have 3 slots, the second 6, and the third 9. If you had the level 1 belt you could add the pickaxe, axe and shovel. When you want the particular item you press a hotkey to toggle through the tools. The same functionality would be used for weapon holsters. You could add swords, bow, etc to that. It would really be cool if the belts with the items could be rendered on the character.

Crafting the belts and holster could be done on a sewing machine that has an interface that similar to the crafting table. The recipe could be leather and string. Maybe the leather need to be treated first or put together to form a pattern and then sewn together to add steps to the process for the upper tier versions. The belts/holsters should be able to be dyed for customization.

The machine for this mod could be a sewing machine like I mentioned previously. The low tier sewing machine could be manual simulating using a foot pedal that consumes hunger bar. The 2nd tier would of course use power of some sort (BC perhaps). Another machine could be a loom to make cloth from string or cotton or other existing modded plants. You could use these machine to make other items like curtains rugs and carpets that can be upgraded or enchanted perhaps to enable or prevent mobs spawning, or teleportation etc... You could make a shoe making machine to make shoe and boots with different bonuses or abilities. For instance if you craft leather, rubber, string and those pesky quartz from Xycraft you can make boots with climbing spikes that allow you to climb up/down anything like ladders.

With machines like that you of course are going to need a variety textiles. We should kill a few birds with one stone and add alligators to river and swamp biomes to bring some much needed aquatic life to the game. I envision that they would lurk in water near shores waiting to snatch unsuspecting prey. If they happen to snatch you then expect to be dragged into water to the bottom to be drowned unless you can fight free of their grip. Maybe some sort of boots can be crafted that will help you protect yourself from these encounters. Of course if you are able to kill the alligator you should be able to fashion a host of items from their skin. "Now or Later Gators" anyone? Or how about snake skin items from the hides of pythons from jungle biomes or sidewinders in desert biomes or the deadly black mambas from savannah biome or water moccasins in rivers and swamps. Plus with the introduction of venomous snakes there's an opportunity for creating potions/antidotes that can then be crafted into poison arrows and the like.

Finally I'd love to see some sort of powerful rare air creature. I'm thinking maybe a Gryphon? It could attack players and villagers out of the blue by swooping down and abducting them. Maybe taking them back to their nest/lair where a great treasure is guarded by them. They could only come out to attack at specific times or conditions for instance, full moons or high flux levels. If you kill the Gryphon then some special item or treasure could yours for the taking.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I'm an adventurer at heart. I'd love some functionality to be added to ocean biomes. Fishes and the like. Maybe a special ore that you can only find underwater? Coral or sunken ships or something? Obviously I've not put much thought into this. But still oceans are useless.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm an adventurer at heart. I'd love some functionality to be added to ocean biomes. Fishes and the like. Maybe a special ore that you can only find underwater? Coral or sunken ships or something? Obviously I've not put much thought into this. But still oceans are useless.
The fish bit can be alleviated with Mo'Creatures to an extent.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Droids

Basicly an easyer but more limited turtle.

Take basicly the fuction of the thuamcraft golem and make it a tech item crafting recipe instead. Should be fairly costly like on part with the cost of a mulitfram.