Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I love having 8 different wrenches on me at one time!

I wonder, even though the OmniWrench does most of it's functionality, what if there was a Swiss Army Knife? You could add knives, maybe a pocket crafting table, screwdrivers, and wrenches! You'd need a base, and add the modules on afterwards. Any and every tool that is portable (like the Beealyzer) can be stuck onto the Swiss Army Knife and you could have them all together, because we all know how annoying taking space up gets.

And why is there still no "machine flying" mod in FTB?! They even took out the only thing we had, the Zepplin from TrainCraft :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The idea with the trophies is very nice! But I can't really see the use of a piece of meat or a bucket of water... Basically it's just about getting people to smile, but the placeable trophies would add a lot of long-term use/fun to the idea.

exactly, that's why I mentioned rewards, wouldn't it be hilarious after you died so many times by lava to get a piece of cooked meat in your hands.

you mean the IC2 wrench? A lot of people (myself included) would argue that the IC2 wrench shouldn't have durability at all... but then, that's why we use the omnitool.

well, it's a tool, it should take some type of durability damage. I like the electric wrench of IC2, it uses EU as durability damage, but the BC and TE wrench... I just don't like it and I really don't mind making several wrenches, or as you said, if you don't like it, go for the omnitool (I don't mind the omnitool not taking any damage, it's quite expensive for it's use)

Yeah, I love having 8 different wrenches on me at one time!

I wonder, even though the OmniWrench does most of it's functionality, what if there was a Swiss Army Knife? You could add knives, maybe a pocket crafting table, screwdrivers, and wrenches! You'd need a base, and add the modules on afterwards. Any and every tool that is portable (like the Beealyzer) can be stuck onto the Swiss Army Knife and you could have them all together, because we all know how annoying taking space up gets.

And why is there still no "machine flying" mod in FTB?! They even took out the only thing we had, the Zepplin from TrainCraft :p

haha, that's hilarious, the swiss army knife, though the problem probably is that it takes alot of work to combine things of so many mods into 1...

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I can see everything else with durability breaking except wrenches. They aren't in much stress really, even a screwdriver can dull eventually, unless you use green sapphires of course.

I don't think I've ever used the Sonic Screwdriver! I always make like 30 of the normal ones and just lose them...will I lose that too? I never lose anything else in game, just screwdrivers.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
well, it's a tool, it should take some type of durability damage. I like the electric wrench of IC2, it uses EU as durability damage, but the BC and TE wrench... I just don't like it and I really don't mind making several wrenches, or as you said, if you don't like it, go for the omnitool (I don't mind the omnitool not taking any damage, it's quite expensive for it's use)
Cept things like wrenches don't break unless you're a complete spaz irl XD

Yeah some kinda flying mod would be pretty epic, shame that flying stresses servers so goddamn much :'(

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah some kinda flying mod would be pretty epic, shame that flying stresses servers so goddamn much :'(

It's never seemed to be a problem for people before, with Gravisuites and MPS. I wouldn't even mind if it were slow, boat speed is perfectly fine for me.
Well, I downloaded TC, and I'm gonna see what mileage this zep can get!

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It's never seemed to be a problem for people before, with Gravisuites and MPS. I wouldn't even mind if it were slow, boat speed is perfectly fine for me.
Well, I downloaded TC, and I'm gonna see what mileage this zep can get!
I just know this from being on a 1.2.5 tekkit public server. The biggest stress on the server was jetpacks.

There will (eventually) be the flying carpet, so I guess that would be something to look out for?

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I think we could use machines RP2 has but that are compatible with the BC network. You know, things like Deployers and Block Breakers.

I also thought about Gravel Ores. In RL Gold and stuff is usually just washed out of dirt/gravel and not really crushed or smelted like you do in MC. So how about Ores in Gravel that you can dig up with a shovel? You could even add a washing plant or something to process it and disable early tools like wood/stone picks to make things more challenging. Basically you'd first have to survive with wooden tools and surface resources, then find and process Gravel Ores, and use those Ores to make better tools and then you can start mining Ores from rock.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I think we could use machines RP2 has but that are compatible with the BC network. You know, things like Deployers and Block Breakers.

I also thought about Gravel Ores. In RL Gold and stuff is usually just washed out of dirt/gravel and not really crushed or smelted like you do in MC. So how about Ores in Gravel that you can dig up with a shovel? You could even add a washing plant or something to process it and disable early tools like wood/stone picks to make things more challenging. Basically you'd first have to survive with wooden tools and surface resources, then find and process Gravel Ores, and use those Ores to make better tools and then you can start mining Ores from rock.
sounds decent enough, I think the rock crusher from RC has a chance of getting diamonds and (I was told, have never seen it happen myself) gold nuggets too

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
sounds decent enough, I think the rock crusher from RC has a chance of getting diamonds and (I was told, have never seen it happen myself) gold nuggets too

Yeah I know, but I think the rock crusher is too expensive for what it does, especially considering in RL that stuff can be done with some water and a gold pan. I was also thinking of having a separate block (or multiple blocks) that contain the ores, simply because regular gravel is too abundant and too easy to make. Maybe kinda like how Traincraft has the Oil Sand and rock, except with ores instead of oil.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
in RL that stuff can be done with some water and a gold pan

In Terrafirmacraft you actually can wash metals out of gravel and sand with a pan, and there even is a block for it that you have to place at the end of flowing water... I just can't remember the name...

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's already been suggested, but I went over to Thermal Expansion's fora and suggested if it was possible to add tanks (no size specified) so we can hold amounts of liquid. I suggested that because I simply love TE and the work King Lemming has done BUT there's no way to hold large amounts of liquid if you don't have BC or RC installed. If he ever implements that, I'll be a happy noob using just TE and no BC or RC...

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's already been suggested, but I went over to Thermal Expansion's fora and suggested if it was possible to add tanks (no size specified) so we can hold amounts of liquid. I suggested that because I simply love TE and the work King Lemming has done BUT there's no way to hold large amounts of liquid if you don't have BC or RC installed. If he ever implements that, I'll be a happy noob using just TE and no BC or RC...
xycraft?
with bc, rc and xy all having tanks, and te having portable tanks and even tc having them too, its unlikely he will

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Only three things come to mind at the moment.
- Some sort of multiblock chest. It could work like Xycraft's tanks in that its internal storage is dependent on its size or something, but its main feature would be how it's basically a really long chest, in terms of space.
- A light source that does not melt snow.
- Being able to turn most blocks into light sources, somehow. For example, you could have a grass field where every 5th block is a grass block that emits as much light as Glowstone.
I know a mod in which a multiblock chest is coming out. I'll tell you more when it's released :p

EDIT: Also, to you folks talkin' bout Flying. EE3? Boots of the Direwolf?

Bobodamonkey

Jul 29, 2019
I think it'd be cool if buildcraft/indsutrialcraft machines produced some sort of pollution, something toggle-able in the settings, but maybe created some subtle negative side effects like not being able to breed animals near your factories, having to dispose of waste produced by the factories. I think it'd add a little bit of a realism factor. I find it funny that the only mod that adds a form of pollution is a magical mod, versus the mods that actually burn fuels like coal and oil to get energy.

Reactions: Dafuq?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen pollution suggestions before, I wonder if it would add lag, and it'd just bump solars up even more, while giving nuclear a nerf (disposing of radioactive waste). But I always have liked the idea. You could put no pollution upgrades in the slots of machines!