Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Good call on the Robit.

I like that the Digital Miner required me to setup a Mekanism Workshop to build. I already used a few machines for odd jobs, but awkward to get to. So while the recipe was quite involved for the miner, the fact I had to interact with other machines for components didn't make it feel like a grind. On a bonus, I didn't know the ratio of diamond dust to crushed obsidian for the obsidian ingots, so overmade them, but had exactly enough left over for some Obsidian armour, which was another project on my to do list!

One thing I think needs changing is the recipe for the circuit. 2 pieces of redstone around an alloy is a bit "low tech" in the crafting. I think some sort of machine is required for the crafting of advanced precision components such as circuits.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe add in a recipe for 1 alloy with 2 redstone dust in the Metallurgic Infuser = 1 basic circuit, instead of adding another machine just for circuits itself?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
@Aidan have you thought about adding a configuration option for the mobs wearing the Mekanism armor?
it'd be nice if you could control the spawnrate at which mobs spawn while wearing the mekanism armor...

Reactions: Mevansuto

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
@Aidan have you thought about adding a configuration option for the mobs wearing the Mekanism armor?
it'd be nice if you could control the spawnrate at which mobs spawn while wearing the mekanism armor...
Seconded, it's a bit overwhelming. It wasn't like this in 1.5.2 where around 1 in 5 zombies wore some form of armour, now it's like 4 out of 5.
Our server plays with Zombie Awareness so big zombie hordes, most of which won't die in the sun due to having a helm. While I like the variation in the mobs, it should really equal vanilla chances.

Petrus

Jul 29, 2019
I did a basic overview and starter 'how to' video on the Digital Miner, if anyone is interested. (It was the very first video I ever did, so be gentle on the reviews. Heh.)

I'm watching. I remember you as the man who made the inadvertently hilarious video about Ender IO's item conduits. You had a cold, and I couldn't get rid of a mental image of either Christian Bale's Batman, or the old hard rock singer Meat Loaf, during the entire time I was watching it. Fantastic stuff. ;)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism has never been a flat out no for me to use. I just have not had the time to look at all the changes @Aiden has made since 1.5.
Due note, I will never give a flat out "No never" to any mod without a damn good reason.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism has never been a flat out no for me to use. I just have not had the time to look at all the changes @Aiden has made since 1.5.
In short:
  • Several early-mid game gear options have been added that act similar to IC2 items, such as the Jetpack and Scuba Tank/Gas Mask.
  • A "quarry" has been added in the form of the Digital Miner. While drastically more expensive than a quarry and much more complicated, the DM can mine without harming the environment and can select what it mines.
  • An ore quadrupling system is being created. It is balanced, however, by being insanely expensive to upkeep.
  • Mekanism has largely dropped UE, and is now a primarily RF mod.
  • Universal cables are now tiered.
  • Several models have been reworked, including energy cubes and liquid pipes.
  • General nerfs to various areas.
  • The Logistical Sorter and Logistical Transporters were added. While the pipes act like RP2 tubes, the Logistical Sorter is possibly the most powerful sorting machine to ever exist in modded Minecraft, easily topping RP2's abilities. It features round-robin mode, color sorting, oredict support, automatic mode, item-by-item stack sizes and more. It has a bit of a learning curve but a lot of documentation from Aiden himself in the form of videos.
  • All machines can now autoeject into inventories or pipes, as well as having a TE-style side configuration interface. They can also be configured to only accept items painted (sorter) certain colors and automatically paint items coming out.
Well, maybe not THAT short, but you get the point.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
In short:
  • Several early-mid game gear options have been added that act similar to IC2 items, such as the Jetpack and Scuba Tank/Gas Mask.
  • A "quarry" has been added in the form of the Digital Miner. While drastically more expensive than a quarry and much more complicated, the DM can mine without harming the environment and can select what it mines.
  • An ore quadrupling system is being created. It is balanced, however, by being insanely expensive to upkeep.
  • The Logistical Sorter and Logistical Transporters were added. While the pipes act like RP2 tubes, the Logistical Sorter is possibly the most powerful sorting machine to ever exist in modded Minecraft, easily topping RP2's abilities. It features round-robin mode, color sorting, oredict support, automatic mode, item-by-item stack sizes and more. It has a bit of a learning curve but a lot of documentation from Aiden himself in the form of videos.
  • All machines can now autoeject into inventories or pipes, as well as having a TE-style side configuration interface. They can also be configured to only accept items painted (sorter) certain colors and automatically paint items coming out.
You forgot innumerable bug fixes
Incredible increases in performance ( server wise)
A config option that makes everything display in rf instead of j

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
In short:
I forgot the cardboard box (think dislocation focus) you place it on a block (even tile entities) break it and get the cardboard box. You can then leave it some where else take off the box and it has the block that you placed it on inside

Reactions: PierceSG

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible yet to use a digital miner as an impromptu tree farm? I tried a while back, but I could never get it to work properly. I mostly ask because I love building weird things, lol.