MCPC+ |ForgeEssentials|BukkitForge(Bukkit mods{kind of})

What would you use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Energysipher323

Jul 29, 2019
Really. I mean honestly, coreprotect is the best blocklogplugin in my point of view it produces no lag if linked to mySQL and dosen't require mySQL. It logs every single block and has all the comamnds prism has from what i know. :).

it doesnt log all blocks it actually logs like none of them. sooo... there is no plugin that logs any of them sadly

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
energy. Im not going to come to that conclusion. Coreprotect does log blocks with mySQL turned on and it correctly installed it's working great for me. Every single block is logged, pretty much.

Bethany

Jul 29, 2019
energy. Im not going to come to that conclusion. Coreprotect does log blocks with mySQL turned on and it correctly installed it's working great for me. Every single block is logged, pretty much.

Ok then tell me what version of mcpc and coreprotect are you using cause ive been using coreprotect and it doesnt log nothing that is ftb for me.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Ok MCPC+, version 1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f524-202.jar
and coreprotect V1.75

Works fine for me. Only when I get mySQL running though.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
are you sure its logging ftb blocks? and stuff like wand of excavation being used to grief? cause when i tried it it didn't work

Hmmm, you could be right about that. I havnt religiously gone through the logs to check if every single action is logged. To be fair, i expect some events to not be logged when using ftb with any logger, due to the custom events. Prism logs modded blocks fine, gives the id of the block, so if someone breaks/ picks up etc it logs it just fine.

Wand of excavation use, dunno. Probably not. Another thing that isnt logged is barrel interaction, as well as custom containers access such as applied energistics chests. As far as i know there isnt a logger that can log everything in FTB, too many custom events. Ive anyone knows one i would be extremely happy to know :D

TLDR; Prism works for 90% of the time with FTB on our server, with a MySQL database and a Web-UI interface. However, as soon as you get to weird modded behavior, like the using of wands or custom containers, flying etc, no logger ive found can deal with it.

Edit: Prism devs will be looking into greater compatibility with FTB, so who knows, maybe we can log more events :)

Joshua.Perna

Jul 29, 2019
Having an Issue with MCPC+ effecting Forestry. I have added the admin accounts for the mods. Forestry in Particular seems to be buggy. It wont allow the use of fertilizer, also It gives diff sapling than are planted.

Anyone else come across this?

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Ive seen that dimensional doors is throwing INTERNAL SERVER ERROR. On trying to move dimension. This isnt horrid and can be fixed but I hate to say but chococraft isnt working ither. However in mindcrack there should be little to no problems.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Even with MCPC+, MyTown is still probably best for protections as it can - afaik - protect against all modded items/blocks in the Mindcrack pack, and probably also the ultimate pack, although I'm not sure about that.

mainsheep

Jul 29, 2019
Even with MCPC+, MyTown is still probably best for protections as it can - afaik - protect against all modded items/blocks in the Mindcrack pack, and probably also the ultimate pack, although I'm not sure about that.

Do you know if you can run MyTown/aPerf with MCPC+? If yes, how? I have been unable to make this work.

Another question is, if you run MyTown/aPerf with Forge, how do you address the lack of plugins like Votifier and so on?

Thanks.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so something recent ive found. MCPC+ is causing crashes pretty much everywhere. It cannot go about 6 hours without crashing. So ile be trying more forgessentials. It looks very hopefull.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Of cause, I found hawkeye and coreprotect did. Not to mention forgeessentials once figured out has 5 lines of 'who broke what'. and has a /rollback command and it logs it in mySQL. This is mainly why im switching to forgeessentials. However MCPC+ if your running basic mindcrack or direwolf20 should be fine. Excluding dimensional doors. So yeah coreprotect. Works great.

froggy25

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, i found MyTown protects against allmost everything so no need for rollback. I'll still put it in for that extra protection. TY.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Shame MCPC+ works so terribly with Forestry, half the farms don't work, otherwise it seems the way to go.

dries007

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Of cause, I found hawkeye and coreprotect did. Not to mention forgeessentials once figured out has 5 lines of 'who broke what'. and has a /rollback command and it logs it in mySQL. This is mainly why im switching to forgeessentials. However MCPC+ if your running basic mindcrack or direwolf20 should be fine. Excluding dimensional doors. So yeah coreprotect. Works great.

You can have much more then 5 lines, you just need to set the limit (use "/pl enable <limit>"). Also, if you install the client and enable playerLogger, you get a visual representation of the block you will be looking up. (hold shift to shift the block onto the empty spot above, below or next to the block you are looking at.)

DiZASTiX

Jul 29, 2019
What about from a reduction in level-of-effort versus features gained perspective? With the FTB server jars, upgrading is always as simple as downloading a file and copying the region files over. How will MCPC+ change this paradigm?

Status
Not open for further replies.