MCPC+ |ForgeEssentials|BukkitForge(Bukkit mods{kind of})

What would you use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt you could put both ForgeEssentials and MCPC+ togther but youve given me a challenge there. I think I might try that :).

dries007

Jul 29, 2019
You can try, but we won't be making any adjustments to help you with that.
And please don't ask for support if something related to the combo of ForgeEssentials and MCPC+ or ForgeBukkit or Fihgu's mods brakes.

mmorton89

Jul 29, 2019
I find it neat that we have 3+ options here for plugin emulation/ support, and furthermore, the devs from each team are friendly and responsive. I see a bright future for FTB plugin emulation/ support.

ForgeEssetials from personal experience has almost no impact on server performance. However, i dont think its fair to compare FE to Spigot since i think FE has not been designed to optimize the server (that im aware of). It can help though. For exmaple, FE has a worldborder mod which allows you to generate all the chunks within the border, which increases server performance when exploring. FE is also easy to set up and works great. I like the chat mod much better than Essentials as well, but meh, personal preference.

What im curious about is if it is possible to run FE and MCPC+ together at the same time. Some of FEs modules i wouldnt want to lose, so im wondering if its possible to run MCPC+ and FE if you avoid plugins similar to the FE modules youve chosen to keep?

I also would like to know this, I have been using MyTown for protections and it works great. I would much rather run Spigot than vanilla minecraft and being able to add plugins would also be awesome but I don't want to get rid of MyTown.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
You can try, but we won't be making any adjustments to help you with that.
And please don't ask for support if something related to the combo of ForgeEssentials and MCPC+ or ForgeBukkit or Fihgu's mods brakes.

No worries, i wouldnt dream of asking for help for this since i dont expect this to work well; both MCPC+ and FE are likely to conflict. But cant hurt to try :)

Github issues are for the mod/ plugin in question. I dont think i would have posted an issue since this is fringe work/ experimentation, but thanks for the warning in any case.

Will give it a shot and post here, eventually :p

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, gave FE and MCPC+ a shot. FE works partially; permissions were not working, neither were the commands. Chat was working alright it seemed. Didnt test the other modules. MCPCP+ seemed to be doing alright. Back to FE :)

EDIT: Oops tested with an older version of FE. Will try with the newer version :D

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
I would personally, NEVER put these 2 mods together, In my own opinion. Forgeessentials works just fine. Infact I might have used it if ide had known by now :). However im running fine on MCPC+ so ile stick with that.

luacs1998

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt you could put both ForgeEssentials and MCPC+ togther but youve given me a challenge there. I think I might try that :).
Well, due to fundamental incompatibilities, there is now a non-compulsory check for MCPC+ or BukkitForge. Just remember to turn enablesanitychecks to false in the config.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I figured this might be a decent thread to put it in...if not I'll make a new thread, sorry.

I have been out of the minecraft server area for close to 9 months now, well before FTB got popular and before this entire bukkit/forge fiasco (that I still really don't understand yet)...

I'm using CreeperHost at the moment and they have FTB as a one click install, I've done that (with the MindCrack pack). After reading this thread, I'd like to begin using MCPC+ so I can put some more controls on the server before I decide to open it to the public. Can I just add this to my server how it is now, or is it pretty much a server jar that requires remaking the server and then separatly adding the mods from FTB to it? I guess I just don't understand how these two things relate to each other MCPC+ and FTB.

Thanks!

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the install tutorials for MCPC+ are hard to find, at least they were for me. MCPC+ replaces the server jar. As long as you rename the mcpc+ jat to whatever your previous FTB server jar was, it should work fine. Thats it, nothing else required! No need for reloading mods or anything. I would however recommend a full server backup before attempting this. MCPC+ is still WIP/ alpha.

EDIT: What Profjb wrote is spot on, much better explained :D

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you have access to FTP (File transfer protocol). Log into that. If you don't know how to, use filezilla. Google it :).
Once logged in. Don't do anything yet, instead put this file into an empty folder on your desktop. And click the .jar file. It will load all the folders.
Now finally, rename the .jar provided with the MCPC+ mod, to the current .jar you run. So default would be minecraft_server.jar. I run it on custom.jar.
Once this is all done, try and replace everything loaded in that folder with the stuff on your server. So delete all your lib files and replace them with these.
The mods and coremods folder don't need to be changed on the server. Unless there is something generated in any other files you shouldnt need to replace them eather. Then simply.
Start your server!

p.s. Funny thing most people don't know, if you want to try a server that runs this. I have it in the custom server section. Oh and im 14. Thought i might share that. Partly why my spelling may be bad. Just like to thank everyone here for the support as most the bugs in my modpack ive managed to sort out through you guys. I hoped this helped everyone with querys.

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone give MCPC+'s IRC channel? I'd assume it provides support.
As for a quick question, does anyone know how to turn off Spigot's stats checks? I keep getting "Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for mcstats.org/report/Spigot". It's spamming the hell out of my console.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the install tutorials for MCPC+ are hard to find, at least they were for me. MCPC+ replaces the server jar. As long as you rename the mcpc+ jat to whatever your previous FTB server jar was, it should work fine. Thats it, nothing else required! No need for reloading mods or anything. I would however recommend a full server backup before attempting this. MCPC+ is still WIP/ alpha.

EDIT: What Profjb wrote is spot on, much better explained :D

Well if you have access to FTP (File transfer protocol). Log into that. If you don't know how to, use filezilla. Google it :).
Once logged in. Don't do anything yet, instead put this file into an empty folder on your desktop. And click the .jar file. It will load all the folders.
Now finally, rename the .jar provided with the MCPC+ mod, to the current .jar you run. So default would be minecraft_server.jar. I run it on custom.jar.
Once this is all done, try and replace everything loaded in that folder with the stuff on your server. So delete all your lib files and replace them with these.
The mods and coremods folder don't need to be changed on the server. Unless there is something generated in any other files you shouldnt need to replace them eather. Then simply.
Start your server!

p.s. Funny thing most people don't know, if you want to try a server that runs this. I have it in the custom server section. Oh and im 14. Thought i might share that. Partly why my spelling may be bad. Just like to thank everyone here for the support as most the bugs in my modpack ive managed to sort out through you guys. I hoped this helped everyone with querys.

sorry, just wanted to verify before I mess something up. The first poster said all I need to do is install the new jar, second poster said I have to replace some files, etc, then upload the jar. Then the first poster edited and said do what the second poster did....

so, in order for me to install MCPC+...I need to:

1. Download and extract jar to desktop folder, rename jar
2. Replace files in the extracted folders with files from the server (this is where I got confused...it's worded weird...am I replacing server files or desktop files?)

after this, I can then simply put any bukkit plugins I want from the dev.bukkit.org site into the plugins folder and they'll work right along with forge and FTB?

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
just download the jar, dont do anything related to extraction, and rename it. That's your new jar file. Stop your server, delete the current jar file in the directory, and upload the new one. Then start your server. A plugin directory will be made on first run with the new jar file.

Reactions: Staxed

rom3ox

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

i have a fully functional Mindcrack server with MCPC+ and more than 50 plugins running with no problems. Only some bugs with some objects from mods and protecctions but MCPC+ team works very well and solve almost all bugs in a few days.

The performance its incredible, i have a small 2gb server but its running 3 worlds, dynmap, a lot of plugins and some chunkloaders, and i have a lot of memory free and no lag.

I tried BukkitForge and i cant live without Pex or something similar, and talking about forgeEssentials, i prefer to use Skript bukkit plugin and create my own plugins.

Sorry for my bad english

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, sorry about the MCPC+ install. Thats just the way I did it. So i sent how to do it the way I did. Just rename and put in your server. xD Derp.

Ashner

Jul 29, 2019
I have been using MCPC+ for a couple of days and yes it installed fine without any problems but there are still a couple of annoying bugs for me atleast.
- TE energy conduits were bugged/textures missing
- I couldn't stack some items anymore (forestry saplings and bees) this was kind of problematic for me because I'm using barrels.
- Extrabees Genepool got bugged, all the liquid DNA disappeared

So i'm back to Forge Essentials :(, I'm missing my deathchests already.

Dungeonmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Glad I found this post as I have been playing with FTB, Tekkit Classic and MCPC+ for a few days now! I admin a CraftBukkit server for friends and family and have decided that additions
like IC2, RedPower, EE and BuildCraft are just what we need as the server has been up and stable for almost a year but things are getting a little "stale". The most important aspects for
me are grief protection, permissions, a working economy and multiverse capability as we currently have that with CraftBukkit.

All three approaches (FTB, Tekkit and MCPC+) are great efforts and their teams should be rightfully proud of their accomplishments but I have had limited success: Tekkit Classic is way
back on 1.2.5. while Tekkit Lite does not have all I would like. MCPC+ utilizes non-Bukkit-ported versions of the various plugins which makes it quite the challenge to find server AND
client (FML) versions. FTB does not yet have native plugin capabilities/support although I hear it's being worked on. So it was a pleasant surprise to find this post that MIGHT just
solve my conundrum.

Tonight I launched a FTB DireWolf20 server and got the usual errors (which I have documented in another post) but saved it and then deleted the "ftbserver.jar" and replaced it with
"mcpc-plus-1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f524-199.jar" and modified the "ServerStart" batch file to run that MCPC+ jar instead of the ftb jar. Now, I tried to run regular minecraft but FML came up
with a laundry list of missing mods so instead I ran the FTB launcher which connected me just fine. Question: should I look for all of those client-side mods or contine to use the FTB
launcher?

Lastly, I have not added any plugins yet although I can see that the folder was indeed created. I'm going to try and add 'PermissionsEX', 'Grief Prevention', 'LWC', 'World Border', and
'Multiverse Core' (I read somewhere that 'Multiverse Portals' and 'Multiverse Nether Portals' really mess things up and the whole Multiverse plugin APPEARS to be in process of if not
already abandoned). Any warnings or suggestions I should heed? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.