MCPC+ |ForgeEssentials|BukkitForge(Bukkit mods{kind of})

What would you use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Fortier

Jul 29, 2019
It really is sad all the problem's I have had with Bukkit forge. The fact that my world edit doesn't work with modded blocks alone makes it unusable for anyone with anything other than a home server. Not to mention that Log block doesn't log anything mod related, and faction/World guard don't protect against damage form mods. Don't even get me started on how multiverse refuses to work with Bukkit (making it really easy to grief spawn's) Half the essentials commands are broke. The way I see it, Bukkit forge should be Illegal until its fixed. MCPC+ has its problems too, but when you compare them to the problems of Bukkit forge, your left with no choice but to use MCPC+. One more thing, its sad how Forge someones to be the standard when you get your server hosted form just about anywhere, That's like endorsing Slavery.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly, mutliverse wont work no matter what unless the code is fundamentally changed.
There is a working worldedit version (still works on 1.5.2 and maybe 1.6.2)
Version: 5.5.2
This still works with modded bocks, id recommend it to anyone out there :).

Glad if this is of any help to you. Oh and I may add MCtowns to this thread as it adds towny and PEX which, fundimentally is all you really need to run a town greifing server in it'self though it is limited.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
A few of us believe it to be a leak of PermGen space in MCPC+. However, when I set the PermGen Space to 256 MB, it only delays the crashes. See http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=5517.0 for my topic on the MCPC+ forums (which the developers never seem to visit).

Sorry for the late reply btw, and yes it is permgensize. I can confirm you will need around 1gb RAM at least to run MCPC+ and ide recommend somewhere around 2-8GB from personal experience.[DOUBLEPOST=1381174301][/DOUBLEPOST]
Multiverse works just fine on 1.5.2, not sure about 1.6.2 though.

Ok, ide like to test that out, never worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.