MCPC+ |ForgeEssentials|BukkitForge(Bukkit mods{kind of})

What would you use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyKiller88

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you have access to FTP (File transfer protocol). Log into that. If you don't know how to, use filezilla. Google it :).
Once logged in. Don't do anything yet, instead put this file into an empty folder on your desktop. And click the .jar file. It will load all the folders.
Now finally, rename the .jar provided with the MCPC+ mod, to the current .jar you run. So default would be minecraft_server.jar. I run it on custom.jar.
Once this is all done, try and replace everything loaded in that folder with the stuff on your server. So delete all your lib files and replace them with these.
The mods and coremods folder don't need to be changed on the server. Unless there is something generated in any other files you shouldnt need to replace them eather. Then simply.
Start your server!

p.s. Funny thing most people don't know, if you want to try a server that runs this. I have it in the custom server section. Oh and im 14. Thought i might share that. Partly why my spelling may be bad. Just like to thank everyone here for the support as most the bugs in my modpack ive managed to sort out through you guys. I hoped this helped everyone with querys.

This is the way i had to install it. My server host uses multicraft as a server manager, which puts the .jar file into a separate folder. So without this i wouldn't have realised it needed to generate all those other files/folders and they'd be in the wrong spot. So thanks.

I really can't believe you're just 14, makes me feel dumb as hell. Nice going man!

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Ha ha, thats fine dude. I do hobbies and such most of the time but online on my computer the only things I do are manage servers and help out oh & fix bugs :p. Not much else. Trust me I didn't have a clue to start. I started a server years ago way back in 1.5 beta. :p.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Do not even Install MCPC+! It's was eating up my computer CPU for doing something with Java TM Binary even though I couldn't get it to work with the server! I had to get Unlocker just to throw it in the recycling bin just to get rid of it. Yes I installed the right version but man it's not a stable file just sitting in the computer!

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Do not even Install MCPC+!
First of all, thats silly. Very silly. Please tell me your OS. (Operating system). Version of java and most of your computer specs, e.g. RAM and such. I run on 8gb RAM 750gb HD and i3 proccessor, generally an slightly above average computer for todays standards.[DOUBLEPOST=1369061079][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I would like to know what version of MCPC+ your using so I can test it. Otherwise, feel free to get it. Honestly if you have any problems report them here: https://github.com/MinecraftPortCentral/MCPC-Plus/issues?state=open Otherwise, me and my brother on ubuntu (linux) have no problems running it on our computers.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not joking it's was seriously eating up my computer CPU to full 100% just sitting in the Downloads file location. I have Windows 7 Home Premium Java and computer is both 64 Bit and java version is latest 1.70_21. Ram is 2GB and 1.75 is free. I used the latest version on the jerkins that the forums from there took me to get the download. Who know I might been the idiot who didn't put in it in correctly in the computer or installed the wrong version.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Right, sitting ir your downloads section, in that case I need to know your web browser and where you downloaded it, there is nothing at all wrong with the file if it's just loading it on the download queue.[DOUBLEPOST=1369243103][/DOUBLEPOST]Also my advice for running this on a computer with 1.75Gb RAM, simple don't you will never get more than 5 players max on a vanilla server.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Right, sitting ir your downloads section, in that case I need to know your web browser and where you downloaded it, there is nothing at all wrong with the file if it's just loading it on the download queue.[DOUBLEPOST=1369243103][/DOUBLEPOST]Also my advice for running this on a computer with 1.75Gb RAM, simple don't you will never get more than 5 players max on a vanilla server.
I run on a server host for that very reason. I downloaded it from the MCPC+ forums and from there to the jerkins of which the forum said that where the latest version is. I use the latest Google Chrome.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
There should be no problems them, please contact him as everything seems to check out ok.

TheGurw

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick little hint that had me stumped for a while with MCPC+. If you're getting any console errors that involve something mentioning "jline", just go into the batch file you use to start your server (I use UFTB.bat, but you'll probably have something else), and add " -nojline" to the end of the line. My batch file now looks like this:
Code:
title TGUFTB
java -Xms512M -Xmx5G -jar ftbserver.jar -nojline

(ignore the title part, that just helps me know which of the servers console windows I'm in at the moment, as I run seven different servers off my dedi)

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for that. Clearly I also reccomend to use -Xmx[GB's]G for extra space to. It would be nice to acctually know what it does now. Also it seams that currently MCPC will and always is stable for me, which is great. I think it's well over time saying you can easily get bukkit for ftb or tekkit. Just fine tooth combed as bukkit aslways has been.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Can I just say the progress in MCPC+ and forge-essentials has been quite amasing. I would recommend if your having any problems with either to check for new updates. It's saved my bacon with MCPC+ over 5 times since my last post and re-making my private modpack.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
So can we decide which block-logging plugin/mod is best for MCPC+ users?
A server I admin for uses Prism and restores blocks like fillers and applied energistics fine except for maybe the patterns and items and drives and no computercraft programs on a restored computer.

My only real problem with it is computercraft turtles, and the lag generated from restores larger than 20 in radius which should be done one chunk at a time rather than a burst restore anyway...

Though we really wouldn't need so many greif prevention plugins if we could properly stop all the main greifing tools in the first place on FTB.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
A server I admin for uses Prism and restores blocks like fillers and applied energistics fine except for maybe the patterns and items and drives and no computercraft programs on a restored computer.

My only real problem with it is computercraft turtles, and the lag generated from restores larger than 20 in radius which should be done one chunk at a time rather than a burst restore anyway...

Though we really wouldn't need so many greif prevention plugins if we could properly stop all the main greifing tools in the first place on FTB.

Anything that can be used for "speed" mining can be used to grief. It all depends on how something is used that determines what you call the results. I use nukes when I need to make very large clear areas, and that being said if there was someone's house near it you could say my same actions where griefing. Using MCPC you can make fakeplayers for most mods that people use to "grief" and then any normal event system will work with it.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Ive always used coreprotect. Very fast and has no problems with turtles as it treats them as a block, not an entity.

aaronfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly md-5 left a critical bug in MCPC+ 1.5.2 which causes it to randomly crash constantly and generate no error log.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Can i ask about this aaronfranke. Ive had no problems with MCPC in 1.5.2 for over 4 months now.

aaronfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Can i ask about this aaronfranke. Ive had no problems with MCPC in 1.5.2 for over 4 months now.
Well, it is a random crash that affects many users using various 1.5.2 FTB packs and is easily resolved by switching to normal forge. There is not much information I can give on this because the crash leaves no logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.