MCPC+ |ForgeEssentials|BukkitForge(Bukkit mods{kind of})

What would you use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
No offense to forgessentials but i did have a large amount of problems running it for a while. I do think you need a test server, ide be willing to donate to it. Up to £5 I think. Otherwise ive moved back tp MCPC+ seems pretty stable. I would say they do fix there bugs very fast though. So don't take my full word for it.

dries007

Jul 29, 2019
We are coding essentials from scratch. If you look at what we accomplished in the short time we have been around, I'd say we are doing well :p

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Trust me dries im not moaning nor saying your working slow. You are likely to be the fastest mod developing team ive ever seen. I also praised that. The amount of modules and commands you have produced is phenominal. Im sure on servers excluding mine, as it is a little buggy and running a custom modpack (lots of ways to crash). It would most surely run better :).

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question from an MCPC+ noob:

Starting a new FTB Ulti server (1.01), want to know if I need to replace buildcraft, IC2, or any other mods with the "compatible" versions found on the mods and plugins for 1.4.7 page. I am also installing mo creatures and have added that fix (since I am not replacing an existing mod, it's much easier).

If so, does the fix version need to be installed client-side as well?

edit: tested the server without the "compatible" versions of IC2 or Buildcraft (just with the Mo Creatures fix), and it seems to work fine. I tested the quarry and filler, since the buildcraft fix on that page specifically mentions that it adds virtual players (like forestry) to perform break/place operations; but they work fine without the fixes.

Are these versions only necessary for certain plugins that deal with perms? I'll be running a small private friends-only server, so I have the luxury of not needing to use perms or install perm plugins.

I'm using MCPC+ 1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f534-248 if it matters.

agaricus

Jul 29, 2019
Are these versions only necessary for certain plugins that deal with perms?
Basically, yes. The "ported" mods are generally only needed to add missing events for world protection purposes. For a trusted private server, you should be fine with the original vanilla versions of the mods.

I'm using MCPC+ 1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f534-248 if it matters.
This build is outdated and buggy, the latest recommended build for 1.4.7 is posted at the top of http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Mods_and_Plugins_for_1.4.7

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Also 13552. If mods arent working server side you don't have to ask the person to remove them clientside. Just backup your worlds in case as I don't want to be responsable for any malfunctions, however in other words you could remove dimensional doors server side and not have to from your client(launcher).[DOUBLEPOST=1365161987][/DOUBLEPOST]And client side. Im suggesting it's only fixes for the server, ide try it only serverside. From what I know it selects only certain builds of the mods it's fixed. So far these fixes arent required. I run a server and don't use them.

DiZASTiX

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, yes. The "ported" mods are generally only needed to add missing events for world protection purposes. For a trusted private server, you should be fine with the original vanilla versions of the mods.

This build is outdated and buggy, the latest recommended build for 1.4.7 is posted at the top of http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Mods_and_Plugins_for_1.4.7

What if your world protection is from Factions (i.e., chunk-based instead of block-based)?

sugarbuzz13

Jul 29, 2019
MCPC+ (Running spigot, faster bukkit, basicly)

- Works with all the plugins listed on the
left and from what ive tested dosen't
conflict with any of bukkitforges existing ones.

Listed on the left?

DiZASTiX

Jul 29, 2019
We've been running MCPC+. It runs great! The only thing I noticed is that public queries do not always work, and also you cannot run the /reload command either.

luacs1998

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC MCPC intentionally disables the /reload command - from what I think it may screw with mods.

aaronfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest, as a starting point, removing all mods that were not part of the original FTB Mindcrack pack (e.g., FIHGU). Initially, we encountered issues as a result of non-Mindcrack mods when installing MCPC+.
Using FTB Ultimate.

snake2332

Jul 29, 2019
So can we decide which block-logging plugin/mod is best for MCPC+ users? I have LogBlock running. It failed to rollback some blocks that have IDs of like 617, so they weren't above 4096. The MCPC+ ported LogBlock says it works with blocks over 4096, but when I try using it, I get a nasty error every single time someone places any block. I might need to clear out my logblock config and mysql tables then try the ported LogBlock, but I have a feeling it still fails to restore some mod items since it failed with items under 4096 already on my server.

I might check out MyTown if it works that well. I am also using WorldEdit + WorldGuard and PreciousStones for letting people protect their areas. Oh wait, MyTown is a Forge plugin that requires ForgeEssentials? Hmm, maybe I won't be trying it.

UPDATE: Using the MCPC+ ported LogBlock now. I just needed to delete the \LogBlock\ folder in plugins and let it build a new one for some reason. It's still using my existing LogBlock database. If I get time, I will go test it out with some /lb redo & rollback commands.

snake2332

Jul 29, 2019
Tested LogBlock (MCPC+ port) on my server just now. I placed some random blocks with ID's over 10,000. Then I did a rollback command. It says it rolled back, but the blocks are still there. Then I destroyed the blocks and did an /lb redo command. It claims to rebuild the blocks, but they aren't there. Upon further inspection, there is a placeholder for the blocks and they are physically taking up space, but the block is not functional. I broke all of the invisible blocks and got none of the blocks back except for the very last one that I broke. Looking at my server console, sure enough that error is back. The same error I mentioned before that I thought I had fixed. I'm going to try with new MySQL tables and see if it works any better.

snake2332

Jul 29, 2019
Upon further testing, the only items that fail are items over 4096. What happens with them is: If I do an "/lb redo" command, any items over 4096 will be recovered but are invisible place-holders. You can break the invisible blocks and get the item back, which is okay but less than optimal. There aren't many blocks over 4096, though, so it's not a big deal for me. In fact, the only ones I can find quickly are pipes from Logistic Pipes. I was also using some battery block that was item ID 9000-something and it had the same problem as the pipes.

All-in-all not a huge deal. I imagine if the items over 4096 were not placeable blocks, they would restore properly. I will test this later if I get a second, like just delete a bunch of items out of a chest then try to restore them.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Acctually. I was wondering. Does anyone want me to put stable and working versions of plugins, I and others know work. On MCPC. Please post any for bukkitforge as I don't run it now.[DOUBLEPOST=1366928237][/DOUBLEPOST]
ForgeEssetials from personal experience has almost no impact on server performance. However, i dont think its fair to compare FE to Spigot since i think FE has not been designed to optimize the server (that im aware of).
I would like to re-visit this quote acctually and just note, on my side I would really like people to test this because I had major issues when changing from MCPC+ to forgessentials. It was very laggy indeed. Please if there is anyone who begs to differ as I did have forgessentials around 1 month ago please note me.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much greenseed. The list is vaguely small at the moment, but im sure it could expand. Ile add this link in to that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.