[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

GeorgieMah64

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone unlocked the Bewitched Fleece from Witching Gadgets? I can't unlock it because I'm missing one aspect -- and when I jumped into a SP world and summoned some Bewitched Fleece to scan it and see what aspect I needed, the aspect still came up as a question mark.

Is this broken for everyone?

Viteum (taint?) I've found it to be pretty rare in my world.

GeorgieMah64

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a few issues and was hoping to get an assist.

First issue: Dryads don't seem to be spawning in my world. Spawn rate is set to 5 and I've been playing a good while and explored a good but but have not seen the first dryad. Any advice? With no dryads I can't summon the Nature Guardian.

Second issue: Villagers not breeding? My base is in a Witchery walled village and a large number of the villagers have died off but I have not seen any babies. I can't summon the Life Guardian without villager children. Any ideas? I am using the augmented(?)/recommnended world gen.

Third issue: Can't make cloak of voluminous pockets. The regular cloak recipe does not appear to be the same cloak (visually) and when I attempt to assemble I get no result. I cannot figure out why it is not working. I had the same problem in Banished modpack.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Pokoretsu

Jul 29, 2019
all my ars magica 2 "machines" disconect from the "etheriums generators" and my mana batteries lose their stored power each time that I log in... Someone know why and how to solve this?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I'm making a crafting altar from ars magica out of nether brick and lapis blocks...and the crafting alter block is see through...anyone else have this problem? Rotating the altar setup 90 degrees didn't change anything.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm making a crafting altar from ars magica out of nether brick and lapis blocks...and the crafting alter block is see through...anyone else have this problem? Rotating the altar setup 90 degrees didn't change anything.

Have you tried placing the altar last?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Have you tried restarting the client? Also have you installed any other mods that could affect rendering? Do you have any resource packs? Have you tried disabling them if any?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Have you tried restarting the client? Also have you installed any other mods that could affect rendering? Do you have any resource packs? Have you tried disabling them if any?
Yes, I'll try restarting the server in a bit.
No, it's default simply magic.
No resource packs.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else noticed that Silverwood trees are non-existant? I have found 2 rather extensive magical forests and not a single Silverwood tree. Is there a config option in Thaumcraft that controls their rarity?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else noticed that Silverwood trees are non-existant? I have found 2 rather extensive magical forests and not a single Silverwood tree. Is there a config option in Thaumcraft that controls their rarity?
Just unlucky. They are confirmed to spawn

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Just unlucky. They are confirmed to spawn
I finally did find my Silverwoods. They are ALL in a magical grove several klicks from my base. Been a little reluctant to try to harvest them, I hope the "one sapling per 5 or so trees'" ratio has been improved a bit.

I have to say that I DO like the mod, so far. It is teaching me about the magic mods that I would probably not have learned on my own. (My Dwarven Warrior soul is screaming: "We can't spell CAT! WHAT are you doing?!" I just tell him to shut up and go back to sleep.)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I finally did find my Silverwoods. They are ALL in a magical grove several klicks from my base. Been a little reluctant to try to harvest them, I hope the "one sapling per 5 or so trees'" ratio has been improved a bit.

I have to say that I DO like the mod, so far. It is teaching me about the magic mods that I would probably not have learned on my own. (My Dwarven Warrior soul is screaming: "We can't spell CAT! WHAT are you doing?!" I just tell him to shut up and go back to sleep.)
I actually got two saplings from one tree.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.16
  • Updated: ACE, Automagy, Botania, FTB Lib/Utils, Journeymap, Storage
    Drawers
Will be available in a few days.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
The humble (and somewhat battered and bruised) dragon comes before the assembled wisdom once again seeking enlightenment. How does one deal with a hungry node? I found one over water, so there was no warning crater. <sigh> There is, of course, the "avoidance" option, but I am a bit annoyed at it and would like to recover my things from the grave. (Assuming there is one.)

<bows low and slithers off to mend the tear in his wing>

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
The humble (and somewhat battered and bruised) dragon comes before the assembled wisdom once again seeking enlightenment. How does one deal with a hungry node? I found one over water, so there was no warning crater. <sigh> There is, of course, the "avoidance" option, but I am a bit annoyed at it and would like to recover my things from the grave. (Assuming there is one.)

<bows low and slithers off to mend the tear in his wing>
Openblocks graves get eaten by hungry nodes, but there is a way to recover your things. Openblocks saves a data file whenever it creates a grave, and there is a command to reference it (don't remember it off the top of my head) and reload it to salvage your things.