[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
how can i get fortune early, other than vanilla enchanting ?

Nothing beats vanilla enchanting.

Ars Magica has a fortune skill, Witchery lets you summon a demon to trade with, but none of that is as early as making a cow farm or a mob grinder.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic tinkerer has an enchanting system, no idea how it works though
Thaumic Tinkerer enchanting system lets you enchant items by choosing the enchant and using Wand vis. You have to do all enchants you want on each item at once, because the system does not accept enchanted items. Even if it's to upgrade an enchantment.

Reactions: erindalc
D

Danyl

Hello every body,

So a little while ago I came to the forums to figure out how to enable vanilla tools and armor, which I did and I was very happy.

I updated the pack and followed the same steps to enable them but for some reason the tools and armor still have low durability.

Any ideas? :/

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Hello every body,

So a little while ago I came to the forums to figure out how to enable vanilla tools and armor, which I did and I was very happy.

I updated the pack and followed the same steps to enable them but for some reason the tools and armor still have low durability.

Any ideas? :/

The Vanilla Disables.zs file in the scripts folder under Simply Magic. Set the durability there. Edit it with a text editor.

Thornbrier

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend adding something in the quest book about how to make the Linking Panel as I had to go to the wiki to learn how to use the Ink Mixer by making the Ink Vials and putting paper in it, and even that wasn't very informative.

Reactions: BaileyH
J

jkhazi

I would recommend adding something in the quest book about how to make the Linking Panel as I had to go to the wiki to learn how to use the Ink Mixer by making the Ink Vials and putting paper in it, and even that wasn't very informative.
i had a hard time with that too, even though i used mystcraft earlier.

K

Kamete364

Hi! I've been playing this modpack for three days or some and I'm kicking off with botania. I've set up an automatic mana generation for botania with thermalily, so, what are my options to create unlimited lava? I'm looking into blood magic, into the lava sigil. Is it a good option? Do I have other options? Thanks!

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
There's a ritual from blood magic that produces lava. Btw you'll want to set up a 5 minutes timer for your automated mana production using thermalilys
Let me add to this by saying that the reason @RealKC mentioned the 5 minutes is because Vazkii nerfed the Thermalilys into making them consume lava even if on cooldown. Plus (as if this wasn't enough; mean bastard) if a Thermalily consumes lava on cooldown, it resets the cooldown.

This prevents us simply dropping the ritual and not caring about it anymore.

Can be circumvented using vanilla Redstone mechanics coupled with Botania's hourglass controlling the ritual.

K

Kamete364

Aye, the sistem is already done, i've set up a droper with lava buckets and then a 6 minutes timer with a hourglass and soulsand, i've just wanted to know if there are more ways to get lava :p

Thank you anyway.

PD: Sorry, my english is not good at all, maybe I just posted the question wrongly.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, the sistem is already done, i've set up a droper with lava buckets and then a 6 minutes timer with a hourglass and soulsand, i've just wanted to know if there are more ways to get lava :p

Thank you anyway.

PD: Sorry, my english is not good at all, maybe I just posted the question wrongly.

I understood that you use the sigil to create the lava, and that's why we suggested the ritual: lava from the ritual costs half of the one created from the sigil, so it's cheaper in terms of blood. And the automation of the ritual is a bit harder than that of the crate (at least for me).

K

Kamete364

I understood that you use the sigil to create the lava, and that's why we suggested the ritual: lava from the ritual costs half of the one created from the sigil, so it's cheaper in terms of blood. And the automation of the ritual is a bit harder than that of the crate (at least for me).
Oh, sorry, i didn't get what ritual you were talking about, then yesterday did a bit of Blood Magic and finally saw it. Thanks, I will work on the automation of that!

Reactions: Ashendale

Thornbrier

Jul 29, 2019
I notice an error/old info in the Rune Theory entry. In newer versions of Botania the wand is no longer necessary to start the crafting. Just putting in a valid recipe will cause the mana to flow in if it is pointed at the altar.

Also, typo in Botanical Play Things "create two (same of differing)"

Reactions: BaileyH
F

FMA_Winry

Ok, so is there any reason why Mystcraft profiling never completes, or repeats on every game load? I'm playing SSP and every time I load the game I get the "Expect Lag" warning and never get the "Ding, Mystcraft is done" notice no matter how long I play.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I heard somewhere that that crap can take an hour or more. Have your sessions been lasting at least that long? (dunno if being on pause counts)

F

FMA_Winry

I heard somewhere that that crap can take an hour or more. Have your sessions been lasting at least that long? (dunno if being on pause counts)

Yeah I stream for 2-3 hours at a time on the map and I've yet to get a "complete" message.