[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

J

jkhazi

Ok, so is there any reason why Mystcraft profiling never completes, or repeats on every game load? I'm playing SSP and every time I load the game I get the "Expect Lag" warning and never get the "Ding, Mystcraft is done" notice no matter how long I play.
it finished about 20 minutes first time i entered my SSP, then took longer and longer, only thing i can think of is when i first started i travelled a lot to find a good place for home, and didnt create much chunks after that.

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having trouble with the mystcraft villagers? Every time I try to open a trade window, it randomly rearranges my inventory (bound blade in chest slot, items into crafting window) then disconnects me from the server. Other villager trades work fine, just the mystcraft ones

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
So, I recently started playing Simply Magic, and decided to change over my server to run it! Unfortunately, every time I (or someone else) tries to connect to my server, I get this error.

[Info] playername lost connection: TranslatableComponent{key='disconnect.genericReason', args=[Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.io.IOException: String too big (was 94729 bytes encoded, max 32767)], siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}

It's always the same numbers (was 94729 bytes encoded, max 32767).
Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this? It's very frustrating. I'd also like to mention that this does not happen when I try to run a LAN world, and that as one possible solution I've tried deleting all the files in the playerdata folder, including the uuid.dat files

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
So, I recently started playing Simply Magic, and decided to change over my server to run it! Unfortunately, every time I (or someone else) tries to connect to my server, I get this error.

[Info] playername lost connection: TranslatableComponent{key='disconnect.genericReason', args=[Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.io.IOException: String too big (was 94729 bytes encoded, max 32767)], siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}

It's always the same numbers (was 94729 bytes encoded, max 32767).
Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this? It's very frustrating. I'd also like to mention that this does not happen when I try to run a LAN world, and that as one possible solution I've tried deleting all the files in the playerdata folder, including the uuid.dat files
Does the server go down or simply spits out the error in the console? Does the player get an error in the console?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Does the server go down or simply spits out the error in the console? Does the player get an error in the console?
The server continues to run, and spits out the error in the console. The player gets disconnected almost immediately upon connecting to the server, and it gives AN error, but it's somehow cut off by the "Back to title screen" button. It seems like it would match up somewhat, though.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
The server continues to run, and spits out the error in the console. The player gets disconnected almost immediately upon connecting to the server, and it gives AN error, but it's somehow cut off by the "Back to title screen" button. It seems like it would match up somewhat, though.

Well, it's working now... time to see if I can find a good way to regrow hair.

ngmatt8652

Jul 29, 2019
your current backup mod is insufficient and backups FAR to slowly resulting in hours of work wasted when a fatal mistake is make as in mistaking the wand infusion cost as the actual essence needed and mistaking a hungry node for a pure node, these are not the only circumstances that require a backup restore and I am not the only one who suffers from events like theses, I ask that you rather use aroma backup or make your current backup do so more often, thank you.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
The Dragon would like to add his dull roar to the cacophony he has seen on a number of videos. We are NOT enamored of what Alternate Terrain Generation does to villages. The terrain is ok otherwise (mostly), so we will continue to deal, but could someone better at spelunking through code please take a look at this?

Thank you for listening. <packs up soapbox and slithers off>

Reactions: Ashendale
J

jkhazi

The Dragon would like to add his dull roar to the cacophony he has seen on a number of videos. We are NOT enamored of what Alternate Terrain Generation does to villages. The terrain is ok otherwise (mostly), so we will continue to deal, but could someone better at spelunking through code please take a look at this?

Thank you for listening. <packs up soapbox and slithers off>
i had No problem with atg, in fact, it is far better than vanilla, villages and magical forests are in a good rate too.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
But villages become messy. They are no longer horizontal. They become almost vertical. Village closest to me, I had to patch up so the villagers could move around and not get killed during the night, or stay in the same, compact hole.

Reactions: Yobur

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
i had No problem with atg, in fact, it is far better than vanilla, villages and magical forests are in a good rate too.
Rate of spawn is not the issue. As @Ashendale said, "Villages become MESSY..." Rivers flowing through the middle of buildings, half a building buried in the ground (including the door!), doors opening to a many block sheer drop, ... Gah!

I'm also not exactly thrilled with the 8 to 10 high sheer wall that forms around the top of mountains. It can be dealt with, but is still a bit annoying. Plus, it makes it rather hard to tell what might (or might not) be an extreme hills biome, i.e. emeralds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I will be locking development for this modpack for 1.7.10. Unless something extremely urgent comes up with a ready fix, this pack will no longer be updated. As for the currently unimplemented quests, they will remain blank unless someone wishes to make an addition themself on this repository: https://github.com/DrasticDemise/Simply-Magic - I simply no longer have the time to keep up this pack along with my ongoing mod developments.

Development for Simply Magic has moved over to Simply Magic Two which can be found here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-8-9-simply-magic-2-magic-tutorial-themed-light.143924/
(Access to the public test server is available upon request)

Thank you everyone, enjoy!

M

Mel_M

In the Useful Baubles quest, the book isn't recognizing that I have the baubles so I can't complete the quest. I made the soujourner's sash and the ring of mana. I thought it might work with 2 of the same, even though it says they can be different, but it still doesn't recognize that I have them. I've tried wearing them and just having them in my inventory. It still shows 0 of 2 for each item. Is there a way to force it to accept so I can continue?

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
In the Useful Baubles quest, the book isn't recognizing that I have the baubles so I can't complete the quest. I made the soujourner's sash and the ring of mana. I thought it might work with 2 of the same, even though it says they can be different, but it still doesn't recognize that I have them. I've tried wearing them and just having them in my inventory. It still shows 0 of 2 for each item. Is there a way to force it to accept so I can continue?

You could spawn in a special quest book by typing /hqm edit and then shift click on that quest to complete it manually

M

Mel_M

You could spawn in a special quest book by typing /hqm edit and then shift click on that quest to complete it manually

Thanks, that worked.

BTW, does the Alternate Terrain Generator usually put you on string of islands or did I just get unlucky?