[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone managed to kill an elephant?

I'm sitting on a pillar in a Mystcraft age, shooting spells at one, and it just won't die. I've gained maybe 4 levels already, and 4% in two affinities.

(the spell is projectile-magic damage-force damage, and I'm now level 13...)

I've both tried and killed one.

They have 200 health. I think the basic force-damage attack does 8 damage?

I actually had a problem of not being able to hit them at all for a while, whether with magic, arrows, or even melee (although melee is suicide against them). However, that issues seemed to be resolved after an update - I'm not sure if it was a bug with the Dark Menagerie mod or the particular elephant itself or what.

Are you actually hurting the elephant - that is, it is clearly taking damage and is now angry at you and trying to kill you? Then just keeping shooting and it'll die eventually.

W

Wrath

I'm sitting on a pillar in a Mystcraft age, shooting spells at one, and it just won't die. I've gained maybe 4 levels already, and 4% in two affinities.

(the spell is projectile-magic damage-force damage, and I'm now level 13...)

I killed one while exploring with a simple projectile-magic damage spell. That thing chased me across half the map, but it died eventually.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Are you actually hurting the elephant - that is, it is clearly taking damage and is now angry at you and trying to kill you? Then just keeping shooting and it'll die eventually.

I can't tell if I'm hurting it, because the WAILA range is very short in this pack, and it hits me for 7/10 hearts from outside that range... It was angry and chasing me, and it turned red when hit, so I believe I hit it.

To give you an idea, I drank a mana potion, for a total of 90 seconds of spamming the spell. Plus all those levels of spamming. And every time you level you gain full mana for more spamming.

That spell kills a Creeper in 3 hits for comparison.

Z

Zieg777

I think it might be a certain amount of damage is necessary to even hurt it. I can kill them with a magic damage spell, but I'm also level 50, using an arcane spellbook, So I probably do a bit more damage than level 13. Though I have no idea how hard I hit, it isn't too hard for me to kill them now though.

In case you're wondering, its drop loot is basically just leather and steak

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell if I'm hurting it, because the WAILA range is very short in this pack, and it hits me for 7/10 hearts from outside that range... It was angry and chasing me, and it turned red when hit, so I believe I hit it.

To give you an idea, I drank a mana potion, for a total of 90 seconds of spamming the spell. Plus all those levels of spamming. And every time you level you gain full mana for more spamming.

That spell kills a Creeper in 3 hits for comparison.

Well, if its eyes are red you hurt it directly somehow, so whatever you did initially must have done some little amount of damage.

I don't know about the "minimum damage to hurt" mentioned earlier, though that might explain why it is taking so long if the force damage spell is being mitigated somehow. But that was never my experience, even against enemies with armor, like the living armor mobs from Menagerie.

An alternative explanation is that all mobs have a delay after being hit before they can be hit again. If you're spamming as fast as you can possibly cast you might get off three or four spells when only one actually deals damage. I forget if elephants "bump" a bit when they get hit like normal mobs do.

Z

Zieg777

I forget if elephants "bump" a bit when they get hit like normal mobs do.

They do when they actually get hurt. I remember thinking that they were immune to damage when I was lower level. They never did that. Later on I was flying around and randomly tried again, but this time he took damage.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I've been forgetting to ask: is The End supposed to have no pillars to heal the dragon? Or was it some weird part of world generation?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I had pretty normal End in 1.7.10 and barely any pillars in 1.8.9
Probably a generator whims.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I made another world with the seed. Weird right up front. My world was generated with mountains and ups and downs everywhere (so much that I rushed step assist). Using ATG.

Reboot the world. Seed and ATG enabled and everything is different. No mountains that I saw from spawn to Ender Portal (which in the original world does not nearly happen). And The End has obelisks... Dunno what to make of this...

M

MachineHead

So here how i managed the xp and the blaze rod farm
1.png
I built a 11x11x13 Room
2.png
And put a hole in the middle
3.png
Underneath i put a corporeal attractor with a redstone torch
4.png

And a system with lava and a piston for turn on/off the spawn
5.png
after a couple minutes i made 2 stacks and half of Blaze Rod
(PS. I made some enchants so my xp is low)
that is easy as f**

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed something weird in Thaumic Horizons tab in the book, Golemancers bell is flashing Not researched, yet I try to click to research and it consumes paper and ink, but outside of that nothing happens what is going on, also shouldn't it be just a link from the Golemancy Tab anyways like other things from the core mechanics?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.5 - Should be available later.
  • Updated FTB Utils/Lib, Storage Drawers, COFH Core, Automagy
  • Nodes are slightly more common and slightly higher odds of being special
  • Fixed Brazier quest
  • Farseek/Streams
  • More slabs can be crafted back into their block forms @TDarkShadow

Kudsick

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.5 - Should be available later.
  • Updated FTB Utils/Lib, Storage Drawers, COFH Core, Automagy
  • Nodes are slightly more common and slightly higher odds of being special
  • Fixed Brazier quest
  • Farseek/Streams
  • More slabs can be crafted back into their block forms @TDarkShadow

Hi! i just update to 1.1.5 and took forever to load my world and when it let me play the mobs move like crazy and freezes every 5 seconds, but no crashes, i'll try again to test more, thanks for the update tho, i love this modpack so far... until this update, lol!

llllllllll

Jul 29, 2019
Little feedback.

MC is real pain , it exist so long and they can not add simple way to return back .
ruined pretty seed with realistic world gen , awesomeness which u could only dream off.

as for quest rewards i would like to have heart crystals not usual ones , but the one from the mod , which litteraly gives u +2 MAX HP , i simply can not have enough HP in this game and this reward is realy worth the afford since their spawn rate underground is very rare (u could get at best luck 5 hearts from 1 region...)

also i highly recomend add few other mods which would have something with "magic"
EE2 is kind of magic , since there is almost no way to collect stuff ee2 would solve the problem , because mining without a single mod is fun killer .

GrimoireOfGaia3-1.7.10-1.2.7 (third part is out finaly) , if there were a difficulty range , this mod takes game to the maximum level. but it gives challanging feeling
even geared up to the max , mob that been added by GOG3 are beyong immagination, and also they look good.

fairymod-0.5-1.7.10 , little things that somewhat magical and gives "life" to your game is realy must

FastLeafDecay-1.7.10-1.0
GardenStuff-1.7.10-1.6.8
GrimoireOfGaia3-1.7.10-1.2.7
HUDWidgets_[1.7.10]-0.6.1
Iron Backpacks-1.7.10-1.0.4-universal
ironchest-1.7.10-6.0.62.742-universal
Pam's HarvestCraft 1.7.10k
RTG-1.7.10-0.6.2 (world generator , i just love it now =)
zombieawareness v1.9.6 for MC v1.7.10 (makes zombies smarter , increase dificulty)
[1.7.10][1.7.2] Heart Crystal 1.0 (best mod for rewards ever )
Goki-Stats-Mod-1.7.2 (for extra survival , cuz of GoG3)

i have more mods added like BR ,EIO , LP and such but thats because playing without this mods would not be fun anymore for me so its my own prefferences.

and there is realy few quest , i played game for 24h without opening quest book but once i did , i was not amazed much...

insomx

Jul 29, 2019
Hello
Screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/LfCQd
I dont know if this was asked before but i think there is a bug in Straw Golem quest in TC
I tried crafting the golem both by using alchemical construct and by cheating but none of them updated the relevant quest where it needs 1 Straw golem and a golemancer's bell.
The quest didnt update when i tried placing golem in the world and getting it back via the bell either.
Bell part is updated though.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Tylor