Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TW45

Well I fixed my steam turbine problem. I just had to put an output valve on the steam generator part to bring the steam to the turbines. Anyway, as said before in this thread I wouldn't recommand the use of steam turbine at all. It's very expensive because you have to put a lot of speed upgrade in the transfer node pumping water to have enough water to constantly fill the steam generator. Which mean you'll need stacks and stacks of gold and redstone if you want to produce a decent amount of energy. Unless someone has a tip on how to pump water faster than with transfer node ?

That being said, I have a problem with my Ender Quarry. It's already a reported issue on internet, but I didn't manage to find any solution. After a while my quarry will randomly stop mining. It's still consume power, but it stops mining et checking new blocks. No common point on the several blocks it gets stuck on, it an even be air blocks above the level where the quarry should be mining. If I break the quarry and replace it at the same place, it will check the previous mined blocks and stop again at the same point. I don't have any pump attached to it, so lava or any luids shouldn't be the problem. Energy is not the problem, nor chunk loading because I stay on top of my quarry block when it's mining. If I place my quarry elsewhere it will start mining again, and randomly stops again. So it's a bit embarassing since i'm trying to mine enough of venus to get enough of naquadah. Any solution please ?

Edit : one last thing. I can't claim my reward on High tech rocket science quest. The quest is shown as completed and I completed every previous quests in this quest three. I also have enough space in my inventory for the rewards. I tried hqm book which have the same behavior, and I tried with a rocket with and without space storage. I tried to reset and accomplish the quest again via the hqm book, same.

Last edited:

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Well I fixed my steam turbine problem. I just had to put an output valve on the steam generator part to bring the steam to the turbines. Anyway, as said before in this thread I wouldn't recommand the use of steam turbine at all. It's very expensive because you have to put a lot of speed upgrade in the transfer node pumping water to have enough water to constantly fill the steam generator. Which mean you'll need stacks and stacks of gold and redstone if you want to produce a decent amount of energy. Unless someone has a tip on how to pump water faster than with transfer node ?

That being said, I have a problem with my Ender Quarry. It's already a reported issue on internet, but I didn't manage to find any solution. After a while my quarry will randomly stop mining. It's still consume power, but it stops mining et checking new blocks. No common point on the several blocks it gets stuck on, it an even be air blocks above the level where the quarry should be mining. If I break the quarry and replace it at the same place, it will check the previous mined blocks and stop again at the same point. I don't have any pump attached to it, so lava or any luids shouldn't be the problem. Energy is not the problem, nor chunk loading because I stay on top of my quarry block when it's mining. If I place my quarry elsewhere it will start mining again, and randomly stops again. So it's a bit embarassing since i'm trying to mine enough of venus to get enough of naquadah. Any solution please ?

Edit : one last thing. I can't claim my reward on High tech rocket science quest. The quest is shown as completed and I completed every previous quests in this quest three. I also have enough space in my inventory for the rewards. I tried hqm book which have the same behavior, and I tried with a rocket with and without space storage. I tried to reset and accomplish the quest again via the hqm book, same.

For steam I solved that problem by putting eight world interaction upgrades on my fluid transfer node and three speed upgrades. The world interaction upgrades make it so that your node is pulling eight buckets at a time instead of just one. I'm producing enough steam to power a 50 vibrant turbine syngas generator. I bet I could power another 50.

The advanced generators are definitely expensive but once you have them you never worry about power again. I think you're rushing too much. My understanding of this pack (as with others) is that you take your time to build up an infrastructure and get the snowball rolling into an avalanche. I have sixteen sieves dedicated to gravel sifting and have more gold than I know what to do with. I have two sieves sifting moon turf and have an overflow of redstone... it's actually a little bit of a problem... I gotta make a barrel for all that stuff it's cluttering my chests.

Before you break your ender quarry, check the transfer node leading from the chest. Mine kept stopping too and it was because it would randomly find glowstone torches and not have a place to put them.

I don't know what to tell you about your quest problem though.

B

Bigfood81

Hmm, I'm on pluto, had a quarry running with a dimensional chest for sending things back to my moon base for processing. I did some manual mining while I was there, and threw what I manually gathered into the dimensional chest. The frozen iron ore I sent back to my base disappeared. Anyone else having that issue? My quarry didn't get a single block of frozen iron ore. Seems a bit unlikely and I know I threw in 2 blocks of frozen iron ore my self that seems to have gone poof.

Also, if you have a level 5 solar panel, it makes a wonderful power source for a quarry. To get level 6 you need 8 stars, which I have but they don't work. Do you need 8 stars of the same kind? That might take a while.

Lastly, anyone have a link to the page with the recipies for the 3 special ores you can make with minechem? Mymlenian, Chetwynium and Caitleenium?
I have the same problem with frozen ice and found a way geting it working. i put all things from the dimensional chest to a sorting chest to sorting barrles. the sorting chest is the problem i think. now i extract additionally to a normal chest using relocator and module stock. from this normal chest to a normal barrle.
sorry for my bad english

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have an issue creating a star? Netherrack doesn't seem to burn without oxygen... which makes sense. I filled my entire base with oxygen and tried to light a block of netherrack and it still won't stay lit. Do you have to make sure the temperature is right too? (I'm on mars.)

B

Bigfood81

Anyone have an issue creating a star? Netherrack doesn't seem to burn without oxygen... which makes sense. I filled my entire base with oxygen and tried to light a block of netherrack and it still won't stay lit. Do you have to make sure the temperature is right too? (I'm on mars.)
i use Obsidian. take care star is like tnt :)

T

TW45

For steam I solved that problem by putting eight world interaction upgrades on my fluid transfer node and three speed upgrades. The world interaction upgrades make it so that your node is pulling eight buckets at a time instead of just one. I'm producing enough steam to power a 50 vibrant turbine syngas generator. I bet I could power another 50.

The advanced generators are definitely expensive but once you have them you never worry about power again. I think you're rushing too much. My understanding of this pack (as with others) is that you take your time to build up an infrastructure and get the snowball rolling into an avalanche. I have sixteen sieves dedicated to gravel sifting and have more gold than I know what to do with. I have two sieves sifting moon turf and have an overflow of redstone... it's actually a little bit of a problem... I gotta make a barrel for all that stuff it's cluttering my chests.

Before you break your ender quarry, check the transfer node leading from the chest. Mine kept stopping too and it was because it would randomly find glowstone torches and not have a place to put them.

Ho man I didn't know about the world interaction. Well I knew they exist but I didn't know their real effect, that would have save me a lot o ressources. I also have 6 sieves, but I did my automation stuff a bit late, which is my bad I recognize. For my quarry I just have a chest where interesting are going and a trash with a transfer node and ilter inside it, filtering what is not interesting me. I'll check i nothing get stuck but I don't see how things could get stuck in this type o system.

B

Bigfood81

I'm not sure what you mean. You light obsidian on fire?
Just use flint and steal it will burn for some seconds
enough time to throw a heart of a star in it.
You will not get the best star but you don’t need it if you use other power sources.
all you need is the depleted nether star i think

C

co_miner_94

Hello,
I have a short question about the stargate.
It says there is no stargate at address ZFRR-UDG-JY
In the quest book there is something like if I play on a server (on my private server) I have to check the spawn for different coordinates.
But I don´t know what exactly I have to check.

Thank you for the help.
I didn´t find anything what could help me....

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I have a short question about the stargate.
It says there is no stargate at address ZFRR-UDG-JY
In the quest book there is something like if I play on a server (on my private server) I have to check the spawn for different coordinates.
But I don´t know what exactly I have to check.

Thank you for the help.
I didn´t find anything what could help me....
You need to copy dimension -112 from the client files to the server. Then that stargate address will work. (answered same question last page :))

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
You need to copy dimension -112 from the client files to the server. Then that stargate address will work. (answered same question last page :))
Oh, seems I forgot to add the world to the server files, they will be in the server download with the next update.

Just a question: on Hypovolemia thread someone is asking if Caithleen abandoned the projects (because there are no updates in a while...) and here seems you are the only one active...
Can you clearify the situation?

Thanks
It's not really abandoned, he just doesn't have the time to work on the pack currently.

A

AlexanderDario

Oh, seems I forgot to add the world to the server files, they will be in the server download with the next update.

It's not really abandoned, he just doesn't have the time to work on the pack currently.
ok, thank you

W

WVgunner

Ok something very odd has happened...I have been preparing to go to Mars for a few days....gathering up stuff to take with me. My tier 2 rocket has just been sitting on the pad waiting to go.
When I started the game today THE ROCKET IS GONE!!!
I have no idea what happened...
Is this a bug or something...please some one help...it took so long to build...

T

TW45

I tried to put eight world interaction upgrade and three speed upagrade in my transfer node just like you did. I have 20 of them and it's still not enough to power only 9 vibrant turbine... How many of them do you have ?Am I missing something else ? Also all the water is going through only one pipe fromextra utilities maybe that's the problem ?

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
Ok something very odd has happened...I have been preparing to go to Mars for a few days....gathering up stuff to take with me. My tier 2 rocket has just been sitting on the pad waiting to go.
When I started the game today THE ROCKET IS GONE!!!
I have no idea what happened...
Is this a bug or something...please some one help...it took so long to build...
There is not really a easy way to find that out. Just use creative mode if you really don't want to craft it again.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
SirWill, I have just updated the mod (version 1.6e), adding something I imagine you and other HQM map makers will be very happy about. There is a new config option which disables the 5*5 workspace and its recipes, and enables vanilla crafting recipes for all of the machines, blocks, items etc. in the mod. This means that everything becomes auto-craftable, and MineTweaker can be used to change recipes. The config option is at the top of the NCConfig file, and will appear after the game has been run once, just like any other config option - set it to 'false' to enable the vanilla recipes.

I have done the configs for you here, if you would like to use them - just put the 'NuclearCraft' folder into the config folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: logdogzip and Pyure
L

Ljukic

I have 10 Oxygen Sealer, so I can cover 80000 blocks, but my small cube it's still unsealed, why?
2016-03-09_22.35.23.png 2016-03-09_22.35.37.png 2016-03-09_22.35.49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.