Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Nuclearcraft really lacks documentation.
I have to admit that this is very true, and will be a problem until I have more time to work on the wiki - for now, the NuclearCraft YouTube channel has a video for each update of the mod which may help, but I do plan to, very soon (when the next version is out), make a long wiki/mod-spotlight video explaining absolutely everything in the mod with all the details, and have a list of video times in the description for looking for something specific.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 22 will be live in just over an hour.

23 will be live tomorrow. I'm getting to the point of running out of things to show. I've been to all the planets and asteroids. I've built everything I need to build. I could do a Stargate any time now. Once I've gotten the Tardis I'm not sure what to do next. I guess I need to start a new modpack anyone have any suggestions?

RockedBR

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime when i play this Modpack when i start to get good it crash and i must start a new save!
I already lost 4 SAVES WITH IT!
I want advance! :(

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
Everytime when i play this Modpack when i start to get good it crash and i must start a new save!
I already lost 4 SAVES WITH IT!
I want advance! :(
The crash is already fixed in the next update, we only need to wait that FTB approves the update.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
What am I supposed to do for power after stirling stuff? I'm starting to get bored with all the grinding for bonemeal, I've spent most of this pack reading a book while my player sieves moon dirt/turf. It was good for a few days, but now I'm out of bonemeal again. I've got carbon for days in storage, but that's not good for energy, just as furnace fuel. The HQM book wants me to start making energy storage but.. I literally can't generate enough energy to make that worthwhile. I have a basic capacitor that's almost always empty because of my autosieve pulling 40 rf/t.

zero point looks interesting and doable if I had any access to nether/end stuff. Does nether/end just stay out of my reach until I get to mars? Beryllium and gallium are literally only available from their respective dimension blocks and since we can't go there, I don't really see the point of it all.

Do I seriously have to use carbon based energy generation with basically no buffer to get to get off the moon? I feel like I've run out of stuff to get on the moon. Beyond looking into building a ship I dunno what to do. Everything needs desh. Or an alloy furnace which also needs desh.

Last edited:

GeekerAndy

Jul 29, 2019
What am I supposed to do for power after stirling stuff? I'm starting to get bored with all the grinding for bonemeal, I've spent most of this pack reading a book while my player sieves moon dirt/turf. It was good for a few days, but now I'm out of bonemeal again. I've got carbon for days in storage, but that's not good for energy, just as furnace fuel. The HQM book wants me to start making energy storage but.. I literally can't generate enough energy to make that worthwhile. I have a basic capacitor that's almost always empty because of my autosieve pulling 40 rf/t.

zero point looks interesting and doable if I had any access to nether/end stuff. Does nether/end just stay out of my reach until I get to mars? Beryllium and gallium are literally only available from their respective dimension blocks and since we can't go there, I don't really see the point of it all.

Do I seriously have to use carbon based energy generation with basically no buffer to get to get off the moon? I feel like I've run out of stuff to get on the moon. Beyond looking into building a ship I dunno what to do. Everything needs desh. Or an alloy furnace which also needs desh.
You will need to get the desh to advance further. A bit of grinding of course. But if you want more power generation, make more stirling generators. And use the carbon as fuel if you get so much of it. That's that I usually do.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
What in the world are you using the bonemeal on? Mine piles up in a barrel. Once I have a supply of titanium, I've found no use for it? Whatever you are farming, decompose it into it into carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. Then make the carbon and hydrogen into propane. Feed that into an advanced generator. Some of my more recent videos deal with advanced generators.

If Hypovolemia ever hits FTB maybe I'll give it a try.

GeekerAndy

Jul 29, 2019
What in the world are you using the bonemeal on? Mine piles up in a barrel. Once I have a supply of titanium, I've found no use for it? Whatever you are farming, decompose it into it into carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. Then make the carbon and hydrogen into propane. Feed that into an advanced generator. Some of my more recent videos deal with advanced generators.

If Hypovolemia ever hits FTB maybe I'll give it a try.

Not propane, I believe it doesn't increase the efficiency of the fuel than it would be of you just used the raw material. But methyl metacrylate...it is highly efficient.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you do at least have to go to mars to progress. Once you can make endstone and nether rack (both can be made by hand with a stone barrel, lava and sieve to produce glowstone and redstone) and some Desh you have everything you need to make the fusion chamber. Just need to power it. Many, many ways to power it.
My earlier videos show how to automatically produce endstone and nether rack (as well as cobble, obsidian and lava)

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
According to Caithleen, Propane is the most efficient fuel source for the advanced generator. I asked him multiple times, he always said just use propane.

GeekerAndy

Jul 29, 2019
According to Caithleen, Propane is the most efficient fuel source for the advanced generator. I asked him multiple times, he always said just use propane.

Hmmmm...I wonder why there was a quest for methyl metacrylate then...I will take a full on look into the matter.

GeekerAndy

Jul 29, 2019
I have found something from my searching.
First off, the RF required to synthesize the chemical and the RF to decompose items is negligible.

Propane, burn time 1,400.
Propane is made out of 8 hydrogen and 3 carbon.
Each hydrogen has a burn time of 100.
Each carbon has a burn time of 200.
Let's look at the math formula.
8 hydrogen * 100 burn time = 800 burn time by hydrogen.
3 carbon * 200 burn time = 600 burn time by carbon.
800 + 600 = 1,400. There is no extra burn time added.

Now, methyl metacrylate, burn time of 5,700.
When broken down to the very basic elements, it requires 9 hydrogen, 5 carbon, and 2 oxygen.
9 hydrogen * 100 burn time = 900 burn time by hydrogen
5 carbon * 200 burn time = 1,000 burn time by carbon
2 oxygen * 0 burn time = 0 burn time by oxygen. (Why I did oxygen, I have no idea.)
900 + 1,000 + 0 = 1,900 burn time of elements alone.
5,700 burn time of methyl metacrylate - 1,900 burn time of the raw elements required to make the methyl metacrylate = 3,800 extra burn time. Almost like the oxygen is giving an extra 1,900 burn time each LOL.

Anyway, this is the solution to our answer of which is better, propane or methyl metacrylate.
Note: I do not mean to insult anyone with this, this is just to settle an argument.

Reactions: prendolin

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
What am I supposed to do for power after stirling stuff? I'm starting to get bored with all the grinding for bonemeal, I've spent most of this pack reading a book while my player sieves moon dirt/turf.

From a practical standpoint you don't have to do anything after stirling stuff other than upgrade your stirlings with higher tier capacitors and/or make more stirling engines. I went the syngas route but I didn't have to. Could have just built another array of stirlings next to the first one.

What are you doing with bonemeal? Only thing I used it for after the first manual tree growth was titanium of which I needed very little. Even if you were using a lot of bonemeal you'd probably be better off with a mob farm instead of sifting.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
From a practical standpoint you don't have to do anything after stirling stuff other than upgrade your stirlings with higher tier capacitors and/or make more stirling engines. I went the syngas route but I didn't have to. Could have just built another array of stirlings next to the first one.

What are you doing with bonemeal? Only thing I used it for after the first manual tree growth was titanium of which I needed very little. Even if you were using a lot of bonemeal you'd probably be better off with a mob farm instead of sifting.

Trees grow really slowly so I bonemeal the sapling. I'm obviously missing something, how do you do it? Is it just making a bunch of choppers to get decent output?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Trees grow really slowly so I bonemeal the sapling. I'm obviously missing something, how do you do it? Is it just making a bunch of choppers to get decent output?

I didn't need that much wood to start with, just enough for barrels/chests. What do you need so much wood for? By the time I added wood as a fuel source I could make farming stations. I was content with a stone chopper upgraded to roughly a 6x6 layout of saplings until that point.

If you're using wood to minechem into some sort of fuel then I think you're probably doing it "the hard way"---at least early on---when you can just go parallel with stirlings run off of hydrogen.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't need that much wood to start with, just enough for barrels/chests. What do you need so much wood for? By the time I added wood as a fuel source I could make farming stations. I was content with a stone chopper upgraded to roughly a 6x6 layout of saplings until that point.
...To make the charcoal to burn for power to power the sieve to get me ores that doesn't output enough coal fast enough to power itself? What am I missing here? ah! I don't have a farm. You're using the farm for minechem stuff to make fuel. Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.