Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
Am I misunderstanding the electric compressor? The nei recipe's show that it doubles the plates you get yet I still only get what I was getting with the normal compressor?
It's not that the E-compressor doubles your plates it's just that it makes 2 at a time, effectively it uses twice as much material to make 2 plates instead of 1.

In other news... I would suggest everyone build an Electric Arc Furnace, ASAP.... Having the Electric Arc Furnace is the ONLY way to double your Meteoric Iron, Desh, and other planetary ore ingots. It's made starting the T2 production almost painless.

L

Ljukic

Why an ordinary mob spawner doesn't work? Thanks
Immagine.png
Immagine1.png

G

GCraftenius

Is Obsidian Glass from Extra Utilities meteor proof?
Which blocks could I use for a awesome and save base design except cobble ?

Thanks

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but I have to find the death point, no the spawn point

Hmm, Is there a way to scan the save file for tombstones? Someone smarter than me with such things might possibly be able to advise.

Obsidian Glass I believe is explosion proof. Single compressed cobble may or may not be, it is not explosion proof against all explosions, a heart of a star igniting causes an explosion that breaks single compressed cobblestone. Higher compressed cobblestone may be more blast proof.

You can put a block of quartz and a block of glowstone in an alloy smelter to make explosion proof and light emitting glass. There may be other explosion and blast resistant materials.

G

GCraftenius

I am just surpsised how much there is to quarry... atm at the start of producing naquadah?!... what an expensive thing.
How big should the quarry on Venus/Mercury/Pluto/... be? 1000x1000 blocks?! or even bigger
Any suggestions how to quickly set up a effective quarry system

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Is Obsidian Glass from Extra Utilities meteor proof?

yes it is. I built a big dome out of it :)

I am just surpsised how much there is to quarry... atm at the start of producing naquadah?!... what an expensive thing.
How big should the quarry on Venus/Mercury/Pluto/... be? 1000x1000 blocks?! or even bigger

For naquadah is easier to go sodium/titanium in the fussion chamber. Just need some power (I did it with around 19k Rf/t)

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019

In my episode 13 I set up a quarry on Mars underground using an RR pick to mine out a cave.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
yes it is. I built a big dome out of it :)

For naquadah is easier to go sodium/titanium in the fussion chamber. Just need some power (I did it with around 19k Rf/t)

For Einsteinium, I found it easier to use Lead and Chlorine. Single step to get Einsteinium rather than multiple steps.

Dave_The_Geek

Jul 29, 2019
Need some help.

Got to the last quest, stargate up, but it will not accept ZFRRUGGJY as the gate coordinates.
I am playing on a multiplayer server and it always states No Stargate At Address ZFRRUGGJY.

Any help is greatly appreciated. TY.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Caithleen has said that on multiplayer server something needs to be done to get the proper coordinates for the stargate, but I don't recall what you have to do to get working coordinates. On the community server world we made the stargate but no one got the correct coordinates to go through.

Dave_The_Geek

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

I have it fixed. I created a single player game, save and quit. and then copied the Dim-112 folder from my local game and pasted it over the ones on the server. After restart the gate address in the quest now works.

Thanks again.
Dave_the_geek

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
How do you build the fusion reactor? I've tried mimicking the exterior of your chamber, Arturio, but I can't seem to get the innards right.

Hell this whole Tier 2 power systems is rather confusing to me.... I have no clue how these turbines, steam, and gas things are supposed to work so i've just been building more and more Sterling gens and Basic Capacitors

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
You have to use the blueprint projector and the fusion chamber blue prints. You can either get them from a Moon Dungeon or there is a quest in Willi's Space Junk where you trade a block of diamond for the blueprints for both.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Hell this whole Tier 2 power systems is rather confusing to me.... I have no clue how these turbines, steam, and gas things are supposed to work so i've just been building more and more Sterling gens and Basic Capacitors

Nuclearcraft really lacks documentation. But I found this video that explains the mod at same the time it analyzes it.

In my case, I opted for advanced generators (https://bdew.net/gendustry/). I just built a max size syngas producer and a almost max size Gas turbine generator, and connected them with a fluid pipe from enderio. The mod is pretty simple: each structure can contain a controller and a variable number of modules (look at the docs) in any form. For example, a gas turbine controller, 50 steel turbine, 1 power capacitator (just an internal battery, 1 fluid intake module (where you pipe in the syngas or another fuel) and 1 output module (to extract RF). IRC that setup will give you 10.000 RF/t, considering you produce enough fuel.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone explain to this noob how to get started refining metals? I've made a few iron gravel which i've crushed with a hammer and I need to smelt that but alas, no oxygen. What do? I really want to make an automatic sieve.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
So sieving Moon dirt should yield broken ores. Combine 4 of each type to make ore gravel. The ore gravel place on the ground and bash with a hammer. That will give you crushed ores. Combine 4 of them to make ore sand. Place the ore sand on the ground and bash with a hammer to make powdered ore. Combine 4 of them to make ore dust. Smelt the ore dust as normal.

The reason you combine and bash with the hammer is that each time you do that you increase the yield a little bit. If you have 64 broken iron ore, you combine them into 16 iron ore gravel. If you smelt them, you will just get 16 iron ingots. But if you bash and combine as I've explained, you will end up with maybe 20 iron ore dust that will smelt into 20 iron ingots. The process is automatable, and if you upgrade the automation you will produce huge amounts of materials.

Here is my Let's Play play list for Galactic Science. It may help.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWImOElzB7HZ6fOaBTSnkMTfkQxlZRsIo

Status
Not open for further replies.