Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Man it takes forever to build this stargate. Speed 2 quarry on Venus for the crystals+coal, Speed 1 quarry on Pluto for the plates, multiple vibrant alloy smelters for the naq ingots, etc. Cleared 16 moon dungeons today while waiting on crystals. Can't have too many ender-lily seeds.

Looks like it might be possible to make those crystals with fusion though if you can spare the power.

it would be nice to have a ore doubling mechanic to ore gravels

You can put fortune enchant on diamond hammers if you're manual or add fortune upgrades to the auto-hammers. Not exactly the same but it will help.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to make an Adv. Generator room while waiting for Venus Crystals to trickle in. Lots of laboratory block, decorative aluminum block, carpenter slopes, router reborn floodlamps, and eio conduit facade.

http://imgur.com/a/m96N8

Heat Exchanger: Lava from ex nihilo crucibles + water = steam + obsidian.
Syngas Producer: Steam from heat exchanger + logs from tree farm = Syngas.
Gas Generator: Syngas from producer = RF.

I was just running the producer + generator combo but since it was burning logs to warm up and my tree farm can't keep up with a max-size syngas producer I was wasting a lot of wood. The Heat Exchanger though keeps it full of steam so it doesn't waste wood. Since I was using those crucibles to make lava/obsidian anyhow it wasn't that much effort to add the heat exchanger.

KeepKid

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to make an Adv. Generator room while waiting for Venus Crystals to trickle in. Lots of laboratory block, decorative aluminum block, carpenter slopes, router reborn floodlamps, and eio conduit facade.

http://imgur.com/a/m96N8

Heat Exchanger: Lava from ex nihilo crucibles + water = steam + obsidian.
Syngas Producer: Steam from heat exchanger + logs from tree farm = Syngas.
Gas Generator: Syngas from producer = RF.

I was just running the producer + generator combo but since it was burning logs to warm up and my tree farm can't keep up with a max-size syngas producer I was wasting a lot of wood. The Heat Exchanger though keeps it full of steam so it doesn't waste wood. Since I was using those crucibles to make lava/obsidian anyhow it wasn't that much effort to add the heat exchanger.

Looks very nice and clean. I'm planning to build one of those as well in the near future. Also collecting stuff for the stargate.

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/minecraft/mods/SGCraft/doc/Stargates.html

Make sure to have enough building blocks for it. ;)

Samuel Velter Teles

Jul 29, 2019
what about adding the minechem recipe for gravel like it's for iron ore: 1 iron ore gravel=48 iron(chemestry iron) then you can synthehise the iron into ingots 1 ore=3 ingots 1 gravel=3 ingots

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 17 is online. I move the lava generator and resource generation system in preparation for powering up the fusion reactor.

Episode 18 coming soon (as soon as I can find to edit and upload). There I show of the fully upgraded ore processing system. Ridiculous amounts of material produced using it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a fun build for auto-sieve/craft/smelt/sort that processes everything and then dumps it into a wall of barrels. Nice to use routers again, don't think I have since 1.4.x. Only thing under the floor is EIO power conduit and a water splitter to provide hydrogen for the furnaces.

7KFFJe4.jpg

Stargate finished while I was working on this. Tested it, portal forms. Too scared to go through just yet.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
So I go through that gate, and then

I broke the blood altar with a silktouch pick and it disappeared. Think it might have fell into fire and been destroyed. Killed the various daleks, no dalekanium ingot. Am I missing something? I suppose I'll restore that dimension and try again to get the altar.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, sounds like a weird bug. Try using a RR pick in single block mode.
That is what I did the first time. I'm pretty sure the altar just went into the fire and burnt up. I got it after copying the dimension from the map folder and doing it over again.

Regen IV enough to get the Tardis key and now that I've got it I've lost all interest in any further work on my base, lol.

Time for a new pack or I might try a speed run now that I know the progression.

KeepKid

Jul 29, 2019
That is what I did the first time. I'm pretty sure the altar just went into the fire and burnt up. I got it after copying the dimension from the map folder and doing it over again.

Could you tell me which file that was cause for me the short range telepad isn't working.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
The short range tele pad is initially turned off when you go through the stargate. You can turn it on, but if teleport using it be careful and make sure you are prepared!

Episode 18 is now online....

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
it would be nice to have a ore doubling mechanic to ore gravels
Well there are a couple of methods. Early game you make a stone hammer (I suppose you could make a wooden or even diamond hammer) and manually hammer ores to increase the yield. You can make a hammerer later in game when you have more iron and a stable power system. Eventually you can make speed upgrades and fortune upgrades to make the hammerers run faster and produce more ores as they break them down. A fully upgraded system takes a lot of power but produces tons of resources. Check out my vids, episodes 14ish - 18 show my automated resource production.

L

Ljukic

I died on Moon, but I don't have coordinate an I don't remember where I go because I die with the space rocket. How can I find the place where I die? Thanks

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone help me add the ender io enlightened clear glass to the sealable blocks list for galacticraft? I would really like to know how to find the actual "BlockName or BlockName:metadata", then I could do it myself if I understoond that.

Edit: Figured out how to do item/block list dumps from nei to get this info. Also, the ender io glass is already recognized as a sealable block. Now to find that airleak..

Last edited:

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Am I misunderstanding the electric compressor? The nei recipe's show that it doubles the plates you get yet I still only get what I was getting with the normal compressor?

Status
Not open for further replies.