Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
A fully upgraded sieve burns 1180 rf/tick. I have 8 of them. And 7 fully upgraded hammerers. Another 1180 each. adds up.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
What happen if one would accidentally suffocate all the cows? Can I make them spawn somewhere (with a grass plataform like in a skyblock)? or I would have to cheat an egg? also, are they useful in this pack?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You can save breeding stock in soul vials.

Hmmm, just when I thought I was never going to die and finish that first quest section I broke my leaded chest and died instantly. Oops.

Last edited:

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
The animals are more or less "fluff" or one-time drops. You dont need them.

You can save breeding stock in soul vials.

Saving a cow in a vial... that would have been very smart. I guess I will cheat one in if I need them, but probably I wont.

Any tip about sealing big bases? Is it better to do small rooms with a sealer, or several sealers in a big room?

An advanced turbine generator can produce at most 50K RF/tick.

I got curious about that number, so I did some reading. It seems that the max number of turbines per generator is 50, and the best turbine generate 500, so the max would be 25k. There are also a couple of efficiency modules, but I haven't tested them yet. Am I missing something? I ask only because I'm planning and rebuilding my power generation, and if you know how to double that, I would love to know too :)

RogueShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently I'm the only one who is going out of the way to make methly methacrylate for fuel? :D If only it wasn't so tricky to fully automate without problems.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Jump III on Dark Boots is craaazy in low gravity. You can jump all the way to the top of a moon dungeon shaft from the bottom. Also great to get some height before popping out the glider. Makes for quick dungeon hunting. Found and cleared 3 dungeons and still had ~25% oxygen left in the 2 heavy tanks I left base with when I returned home.

trickstur

Jul 29, 2019
Methyl Methacrylate is what I've been doing too :) hopefully not what I was doing (see below).

Okay, I've having an issue and hopefully didn't just lose my world because of it. I had a Blue Screen of Death error while I was on venus mining. Now when I try to log in to that world, the whole game just closes. I can start a new world just fine... any idea what's happening?

G

GCraftenius

Hi guys im new to GS. Currently back from Mars...
But i am low on ender pearls. So i want to set up a enderman farm with the spawner from RFTools, Matter Beamers and the Projector Shield from RFTools,
BUT when a enderman is spawned and gets damage from the projectos shield it teleports away before it's dead.
How is it possible to kill the enderman with the shield and get the loot?
Any ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
I always use powered spawner+killer joe from eio for endermen farm. You could also synth some pearls (easy with mc fusion).

G

GCraftenius

Thanks...
but i have no mob heads... so i can't make those machines...

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You get your first Ender man head as a quest reward. You need to save it for making a Soul Binder. You should also get at least one Enderman spawn egg. Bottle that first enderman and use it to change a broken spawner to an enderman spawner.

As far as mob heads go the drop rate seems really good in this pack, even without special weapons. You get a depleted nether star as a quest reward, recharge it in the vent of a star thingy. Then use it to make a block of cursed earth. Then make a basic manual mob farm with wooden spikes to drop the mobs to 1 health. Run by every now and then to kill them. That will get you enough mob heads to get started and enough Exp to work up to a better farm, enchants, etc.

Couple other things I noticed, you get two super builder's wands as quest reward options. One of them you have to chose that or a soul fragment. I took the wand but think you're better off taking the soul fragment even if you don't think you'll want a reinforced watering can since you get another super builder's wand later on. So don't waste your unstable ingots/nuggets on a regular builder's wand and when you see a quest reward with super builder's wand and soul fragment don't pick the wand.

I setup MC fission/fusion today and made a nether star. Was all excited to use that nether star to fully automate oxygen tank swapping/filling with a player interface. Unfortunately the galacticraft slots don't seem to count as armor slots, boo. Oh well, at least I can have it pull empties from inventory and return full ones. Can probably use it to recharge my weapons/armor remotely and keep a stack of food on me at all times. sweet.

I guess now that I can make nether stars I can work on the Super Massive quest tab?

Oh yeah, one other thing I noticed that people might overlook, you can quickly process galacticraft non-desh ores, at least from mars, with Minechem for quick/easy ore-tripling.

Oh, one question. I need to make some cake for a router speed upgrade. I don't see a non-luck way to get eggs though. I have heard a chicken in my cursed earth mob farm once and running it for a day will usually give 5-6 feathers/chicken meat. The tricky part will be determining when there is a chicken and how to capture it before it runs into the diamond spikes. An attractor obelisk would probably work but I'd have to put a chicken soul in it and well... I think what I can do is build a special mob-trap that will push all the mobs into a 1-high space. That will sort out the baby zombies and chicken jockeys while conveniently suffocating the jockeys and leaving the chickens. If regular baby zombies can mount a chicken in a 1-high space then it'll suffocate them too. Should be a fun project. Could use some quicksand about now.

Update:
Baby zombies making it into overflow, is a good sign. Bad news is they despawn fairly quickly and chickens themselves may start suffocating as soon as de-jockeyed or perhaps even when the jockey spawns? Put on the frequency modules and am listening all the time for baby zombie/chicken noises with a soul vial ready to go.

M77XGmf.jpg

They don't look happy.

Update #2: Chicken suffocated before jockey died(jockey had half a heart left in trap, was a close thing). Will cover entire mob trap with oxygen bubbles.

Update #3: Next chicken died too, the jockeys fall slower than other mobs so the piston traps were getting trigger while jockeys were still in the air, hitting both baby zombie and chicken. Modified the design so that a conveyor pushes the mobs onto a pressure plate which triggers a downward sticky piston, pushing a block on top of the mob, hopefully pushing the jockey down so that the zombie dies and not the chicken.

Guess what? It worked. :p Woot. The power of the chicken is mine. Now I can get eggs to make cakes to make speed upgrades for my item routers which is what started this particular sidequest.

j4YTr1v.jpg

While working on this I built the t3 rocket and another outpost kit and headed to Mercury. I see gold ore in NEI, think it was Mercury, maybe it was Venus? Fingers crossed. Lack of gold holding back progress.

Last edited:

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get something like the wand of equal trade for the next version? It would really help with building.

I know about at least 2 mods that add that feature and are not "magic mods". EnderTech (https://github.com/CarrotCodes/EnderTech/wiki/Exchanger) but that might have TE as a dependency, not sure. The other one is Not enough wands, from the same guy of RFTools. They aren't more magical than the builder's wand, and can be extensively configured. For example, the recipes could require ingots, or they can be made as rewards only.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
I got curious about that number, so I did some reading. It seems that the max number of turbines per generator is 50, and the best turbine generate 500, so the max would be 25k. There are also a couple of efficiency modules, but I haven't tested them yet. Am I missing something? I ask only because I'm planning and rebuilding my power generation, and if you know how to double that, I would love to know too :)

Might be my bad memory. Last thing I did before I got on a plane for Vegas was finish the advanced generator with 50 of the vibrant turbines (the max it would let me put in). I thought it said 50K, but it might have said 25K. Now I have to figure out how to feed it some kind of carbon to burn. I had a barrel with 800 stacks of logs in it. Emphasis on had. I built a system to automatically build barrels, pistons, structural upgrades, and storage upgrades. I accidentally left it on for 20 minutes. No logs left. But all of my barrels (and I do mean all) are fully upgraded now. When I get home I'll record episode 19 so everyone can see my folly.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, is there a way to craft the ex nihilo ores into its next lower version by using one lane for all broken ores?

O

Obuw

By the way, is there a way to craft the ex nihilo ores into its next lower version by using one lane for all broken ores?

I'm using 2 crafters to package broken/crushed ores and send them back to the autohammer, and 1 crafter to package the dusts and send them to the furnace. I don't think there is something like an auto-packager in this pack but if I missed it, I'd like to know as well!

My question: Why are all the sounds in-game messed up? Most blocks and entity sounds have very low volume, but some exceptions like interface sounds and carpenter blocks are at full volume. Is it because we're in space or something? Is there anything I can do to get it back to normal?

Also, is there any important use for unstable ingots? I already got a builder's wand from a reward bag, and I got 2 spare ingots. Thinking of just crafting them into a plow or something, for my PA planter.

TIMMO

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using 2 crafters to package broken/crushed ores and send them back to the autohammer, and 1 crafter to package the dusts and send them to the furnace. I don't think there is something like an auto-packager in this pack but if I missed it, I'd like to know as well!
For auto-packaging, use "A special chest" from router reborn with upgrade packager basic/advanced for free crafting.

My question: Why are all the sounds in-game messed up? Most blocks and entity sounds have very low volume, but some exceptions like interface sounds and carpenter blocks are at full volume. Is it because we're in space or something? Is there anything I can do to get it back to normal?
For the in-game sounds, it is a feature of Galacticraft when you are in space. Craft a frequency module and equip in your GC tab.

Also, is there any important use for unstable ingots? I already got a builder's wand from a reward bag, and I got 2 spare ingots. Thinking of just crafting them into a plow or something, for my PA planter.
For unstable ingots, you can craft an unbreakable healing axe to be used in farming stations/choppers.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
This is so frustrating, it froze again - all freaking packs freeze :/

This should be telling you it isn't the modpacks that are the problem.

Might be my bad memory. Last thing I did before I got on a plane for Vegas was finish the advanced generator with 50 of the vibrant turbines (the max it would let me put in). I thought it said 50K, but it might have said 25K. Now I have to figure out how to feed it some kind of carbon to burn. I had a barrel with 800 stacks of logs in it. Emphasis on had. I built a system to automatically build barrels, pistons, structural upgrades, and storage upgrades. I accidentally left it on for 20 minutes. No logs left. But all of my barrels (and I do mean all) are fully upgraded now. When I get home I'll record episode 19 so everyone can see my folly.

Instead of directly burning the logs you night want to consider making syngas. A maz-sized producer makes 25mB/t of Syngas. A 50 turbine gas turbine seems to consume around 2.5 with both efficiency upgrades. The syngas producer eats logs faster than a single farming station can produce them---mainly because the farming station can't input energy fast enough---but you don't need to run it constantly since it produces so much more than your generator burns.

For unstable ingots, you can craft an unbreakable healing axe to be used in farming stations/choppers.

Have you tried this lately? It didn't use to work. Not only that but the farming station would damage most implements that were otherwise supposedly immune to damage. I setup a group of EIO crafters to make stone implements automatically for my farming stations. Could do the same thing with RFTools or Refined Relocation crafting too I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.