Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
This should be telling you it isn't the modpacks that are the problem.

Wow. You don't have any clue yet you talk like having some.

I copied the packs to other harddisks to make sure it's not a hardware problem.
I even scanned all harddisks for problems more than twice - i can rule out those.

I changed the loader to multiMC so i could install a different forge version, i changed other mods
to higher versions, too. I even updated the LWJGL to the 2.9.3 version.

I spend hours of recovering lost saves or doing backups from gameworlds, reading log files
so don't give me that "this should be telling you bullshit" ! Seriously!

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
I finished Galactic Science! I did last night, just by my birthday. I had lots of fun, thanks for creating the pack.

Some random thoughts:
* Naquadah is not that hard once you understand 2 concepts: How to get the crystals using the fussion chamber, and that you will have to scale up your power production. For the crystals, the pack creator posted a guide somewhere in the thread, and I used that all the way. And for power, I have a advGen with 50 turbines (most vibrant, some just steel) and a full upgraded farming station with spruce, and I had to void wood, it generates stupid quantities.
* For the tardis key, I tried different methods, and the only one that worked is in the spoiler tag at the end.

What now? I built a big dome. I will finish some details and I will share it here. Then, I guess I will me moving some stuff to my tardis, and reading about the dalek mods to find what planets I can visit, and more importantly, how :)

Again, thanks for creating the pack, I enjoy it.

Penicilin gives regen IV, even if that's not showing in NEI. I used maybe half a stack, drinking them as potions. I also used an environmental control from RFTools giving saturation, just in case.

O

Obuw

Another question. Is there any way to protect my moon base from meteorites? Just went afk for a while only to come back to a dead character, with a giant hole in one of my walls. My base walls are mostly tyrian and a large section was completely destroyed by a single meteorite.

I really don't want to put a 3-thick wall of obsidian above my whole base, or live underground. Kinda defeats the whole feeling of "living on the moon". I dug around and all the replies I found were ranging from "would be a cool idea" to "oh yeah GC3 might have something for that in the next version (post is 12 months old)". Any suggestions?

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019

I even scanned all harddisks for problems more than twice - i can rule out those.

I changed the loader to multiMC so i could install a different forge version, i changed other mods

I spend hours of recovering lost saves or doing backups from gameworlds, reading log files

I am not expert, I'll say that upfront. But it sounds as if you downloaded and installed Galactic Science from one of the sources, FTB, MYM or Curse.

Then you upgraded or downgraded specific mods in the mod pack directory? If that is what you did, that may possibly be your problem. I loaded from FTB. Then I just launched the game and had no problems you are describing other than the resource pack issue that is easy to solve by opening the resource pack window and closing it each time I play. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But if you are changing the version of specific mods in the pack I really think that is your issue. The creators put the packs together and use specific version of the individual mods so they don't have problems or conflicts (because their are known problems and conflicts) Some of the mods are no longer supported so they use an older version that is stable vs a newer version that has bugs that never got fixed after it was abandoned. Again, no offense if I miss read what you did on your configuration.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
So, how does one get oil from the crucible into the canister? I can get the oil out with a bucket but not with the canister?

KeepKid

Jul 29, 2019
So, how does one get oil from the crucible into the canister? I can get the oil out with a bucket but not with the canister?

Doesn't work in the actual version. You have to use an Ender IO Fluid Tank as a workaround. ;) Or change the Galacticraft mod version.

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019

If you're using v1.4.18 try relogging. The various tanks/containers seem to freak out from time to time about fluid amounts if that still doesn't work then yes, you'll need to use a liquid transfer node and an EnderIO tank to force the canister to accept oil.

As for oil.... I'm certainly not along enough to know if there are recipes that use a can of it directly so I've just been shoving all of that tree-juice through liquid transfer nodes into a refinery...

G

GCraftenius

Is it possible to get mob heads, by killing the mobs with the wooden killer and "The Ender" in it?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

I've been paid to have a clue for longer than you've probably been alive. If every pack you play locks up on your computer it isn't the packs. Try to be a bit more mature about it and calm down, you'll have better results troubleshooting the problem.

First thing I'd do is install the temp monitor of your choice and see what your CPU/GPU temps are, particularly around the time the packs lock up. If I didn't find something there I'd run a few hours of whatever memory test/stresstest your prefer. After that I'd move on to the underlying software that all packs use.

In my experience, which is extensive---regardless of what you'd like to tell yourself---many things locking up it is either hardware or a specific piece of software---like oh, say, Java in this case---that all of those things rely upon. Simple common sense should tell you it isn't the packs or you wouldn't be the only one reporting that every pack locks up on thm. I've been playing modded minecraft for years and I don't think I've ever had it simply lock up? Crashing to desktop is common but hard locks? Not at all.

What I wouldn't do? Exactly what you did, modifying the packs in an attempt to fix whatever the problem is. You're just adding more variables making it that much harder to troubleshoot.

Last edited:

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using v1.4.18 try relogging. The various tanks/containers seem to freak out from time to time about fluid amounts if that still doesn't work then yes, you'll need to use a liquid transfer node and an EnderIO tank to force the canister to accept oil.

As for oil.... I'm certainly not along enough to know if there are recipes that use a can of it directly so I've just been shoving all of that tree-juice through liquid transfer nodes into a refinery...

Used EnderIO tank to fill canister, (thanks for tip) but the questbook doesn't recognize it.

KeepKid

Jul 29, 2019
Used EnderIO tank to fill canister, (thanks for tip) but the questbook doesn't recognize it.

Maybe just cheat in a "Master" Questbook (don't know the exact name) and complete the quest in there. Afterwards you can delete it again. ;)

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019

Just tested in 1.4.18 and i think i know your problem....

You need 20 oak logs to make 1000mB(milli-Buckets) to "fill" one canister/Bucket with oil... you'll need a full can before the quest recognizes it.
you can only put 5 oak logs in a crucible at any given time(slightly less if it's got liquid in)

This means you'll have to fill the crucible at least 4 times, waiting for the logs to melt into oil before you can scoop it from the crucible into a canister.

Put more log into your crucible... run it to the IO-tank and top off your canister till it's full. ^-^

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I've been paid to have a clue for longer than you've probably been alive.
Then you must be a 60+ person, who has been paid for giving away sarcastic statements all his live ... i kind of admire that last one, but apart from this thx for finally giving some usefull thoughts on the problem.

If every pack you play locks up on your computer it isn't the packs.
No, it was JUST GS at first. Regrowth started freezing just after the update to 0.8.8. All other software worked like a charm. So thinking this is due to mod (constellation) is quite valid.

Try to be a bit more mature about it and calm down, you'll have better results troubleshooting the problem.
Staying rational always is better for problemsolving. And i am when it comes that. But you should but on that shoe yourself, since you are the one doing the provocations here.

What I wouldn't do? Exactly what you did, modifying the packs in an attempt to fix whatever the problem is. You're just adding more variables making it that much harder to troubleshoot.
Not at all. Due to this i actually could rule them out. And because of what i stated in the second quote, it was the most reasonable thing to do.

First thing I'd do is install the temp monitor of your choice and see what your CPU/GPU temps are, particularly around the time the packs lock up. If I didn't find something there I'd run a few hours of whatever memory test/stresstest your prefer. After that I'd move on to the underlying software that all packs use.

In my experience, which is extensive---regardless of what you'd like to tell yourself---many things locking up it is either hardware or a specific piece of software---like oh, say, Java in this case---that all of those things rely upon. Simple common sense should tell you it isn't the packs or you wouldn't be the only one reporting that every pack locks up on thm. I've been playing modded minecraft for years and I don't think I've ever had it simply lock up? Crashing to desktop is common but hard locks? Not at all.
With to high CPU tmp the game shutters, the sound makes brrzzing noises. Checked temp, it's ok. Same for my GeForce 970 ;) But good idea.
Tested Mem for hours on stresstest, all good. Been there. It's not that. Good idea.
Checked HDD for errors, moved packs to other pysical hdds. That's not it.
Since i reinstalled like every piece of software for the packs, but the OS ... freezing due to that, i highly doubt it. But i cannot rule this out. (Win7 Ultimate btw)

The one good thing your first post had, was making me rethink, if this is really a software problem. At this point i think, it's due to a problem with my mainboard, perhaps an unstable connection to the RAM.
But i have to investigate this further.

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
[snipped]
[snipped]

Both of you quit it! Act like you have some damned civility! This is a forum for helping people not calling names.

Jugg3r, It's NOT cool to take your gaming frustrations out on people who are trying to help you.
If you think you're not getting help here the go somewhere where you think you can.
Don't stoop to calling names or insulting peoples intelligence especially when those people are trying to help

Twisto, you should damned well know better than to feed childish behavior.

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
He's not, thats my point. At first that is.

I don't care, honestly. In fact I wouldn't care if he replied by whistling "Yankee Doodle" at you to try and fix it. Your initial response was to berate him for the reply. PERIOD

Big no-no mister. If that's how you're gonna treat people who reply to your issues don't expect any more replies, ever.

and in fact his reply WAS help... It may not have been an exhaustive list of what could be wrong but it was a tip to say "Then FTB or GalacticScience is not responsible for this problem."

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
The only bad bug I stumbled across had to do with the reaction generator from nuclearcraft causing a persistent crash if you connect any sort of pipe to it in an attempt to automate it.
Did this crash occur while using the latest version of the mod (0.0.1.5)? If so, it wasn't fixed as hoped.

B

Born2game7

So do NOT put a PA Wrench into the decomposer. It'll crash the game. Also just a comment, I feel that sucrose is pretty OP. Haven't eaten since day 4.

KeepKid

Jul 29, 2019
Found another bug I think. When I connect an Ender IO Ender Energy Conduit to an Alloy Smelter the game crashes. ;) Anyone else having this or a solution? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.