Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack keeps freezing ... i am not sure why, but i guess it has to do with the NEI recipe for solars ...

After freeze the game cannot be started again. The whole computer has to reboot before the session gets closed. No clue how to close it without restarting.
Sometimes the save gets corrupted.

Any clues?

Edit: Paste Log last freeze http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/4e0862db

Last edited:

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a bunch Art! I did indeed enjoy the week I was able to get on and help on the server, and appreciate your "ocd" issues because you turned it into an awesome design in the end!

Noobpwner9001

Jul 29, 2019
Overworld and Nether absolutly break the packs balance. The cofh tpx command was referred quite often in this thread if you really want to give it a go thoo.
Breaks the pack itself or breaks the balance? Balance I'm aware of but if it's a game breaking change to the whole setup I won't attempt it. And cofh tpx command?????

Last edited:

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing this pack for about 2 days now, and having a lot of fun. A bit frustrated, I haven't used half of these mods before, and am still learning their quirks, like how relocaters allocate items, or trying to figure out a way to use EA batteries for non EA stuff (as far as I can tell, I cant). Fortunately, minechem is a type of convoluted that is easy enough for me to pick up.

An ore dictionary would be nice. Some things can only be crafted with certain versions of ingots, and decomposing and resynthisizing seems like an unnecessary hassle/power drain.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Try using a better barrel. Put the correct type of ingot into a barrel then add ones that are incorrect and they should convert.

Reactions: Caithleen

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to start over this week and a few setups might be worth sharing.

Power Generation: It uses lava as fuel source. A cobble generator feeds the crucibles, the lava goes into an EnderIO Fluid Tank. The tank has two routers attached (both need machine upgrades), the routers are connected to a bank of Stirling generators. It needs a bucket for each generator, but that's pretty much it already. One router pulls the empty buckets out of the generators, they get filled up in the tank, the other router places them back into the generators.

qa2ykLvl.png

qa2ykLv.png

This system leverages what needs to be built anyway (cobble gen and lava production) and is highly efficient. One crucible on an Awesomite block is able to support 8 generators, most of the cobble is actually used to make Triple Compressed cobblestone, most of the lava goes into a stone barrel to produce obsidian or endstone. - It works soooo much more betterer than a Hydrogen powerplant. :)

The displayed setup is actually overkill for T1, the real purpose is to have enough power to start with T2. It will generate 2000RF with the Octadic thingie upgrades, which allows to run an Ender Quarry (900RF), a sieve and hammer with 16 speed/32 fortune upgrades (970RF) and SAG Mill plus Alloy Smelter as needed. The capacitor banks will be controlled by an EnderIO monitor, which will turn the generators on and off depending on the energy level.

There are not even words for how irritated I am that I didn't figure that out. I thought I looked everywhere for something I could use as a bucket filler, and seriously considered resorting to using robots, which would require learning lua (which I should really do anyway). I usually use a a TCon casting table to fill lava buckets for early power gen.

The solution I eventually came up with involved tree farm to decomposer (via filter pipe), to cellulose barrel, back to decomposer, to C/H/O barrels, to synthesizers (with rationing pipes). One synthesizer is making CH3, yet another barrel. Second synthesizer is making Methyl Methacrylate, which then goes into stirling generators. The whole thing is bulky, ugly as sin, strands unnessecary resources in the synthasizers, and cost a buttload of iron and redstone. Works like gangbusters though. Netting a quarter million rf per log!

Sorry, no pictures, account login problems.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019

Marlor

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i just found this modpack and saw the "next update" warning.
Is there a timetable for the update? If it is just one or two weeks i would just wait.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Keyboard must be created before you can query key state

Mojang says this has to do with W7 state. https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-35316

I doubt it a bit. Try the usual stuff, delete the instance folder by hand, update java, download it fresh.

Thx for replying.

I already updated Java (Build 1.8.0_66-b18) and i deleted the mods folder as well as redownloaded the mod.
Sadly this didn't work out ...

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/62622340

Last edited:

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
There is a crafting recipe conflict with PA fuel pellets and Galacticraft fragmented carbon. Might be fixable by changing them to shaped crafting in different table slots rather than shapeless.

nathanwe

Jul 29, 2019
I got a message saying in the next update I will lose automatic sieves(Ex astris). Why? what will happen to the quest for them?

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
The mod was updated in a way that it removes all legacy blocks from the world. You can either craft new ones or cheat them in after the next update.

Army Stich85

Jul 29, 2019
Alright it took me forever to get a tier 1 rocket, now I cant go anywhere because I need a tire 2 rocket right... so I once again collected resources for a tier 2 rocket but in the nasa workbench not enough slots. how do i get a schematic for the tier 2 rocket? I've never played with galactic craft so i have no idea..

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
Alright it took me forever to get a tier 1 rocket, now I cant go anywhere because I need a tire 2 rocket right... so I once again collected resources for a tier 2 rocket but in the nasa workbench not enough slots. how do i get a schematic for the tier 2 rocket? I've never played with galactic craft so i have no idea..

I hate to burst your bubble, but you didn't need to make a T1 rocket :/ Look in the very bottom set of quests for your answer! Be sure to have 9 diamonds handy.

aarondroidbryce

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing something or is the observatory map like a hard mode. The base looks way better but seems to be missing some things in comparison to the default one (i.e. sand, a bed and a microscope).

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing something or is the observatory map like a hard mode. The base looks way better but seems to be missing some things in comparison to the default one (i.e. sand, a bed and a microscope).

Both have pro and cons. Observatory has lots of quartz and more space...

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Arrrrrrgh! I got triple creepered in my base. Time to start over, I lost too much stuff. My beautiful highly upgraded polytool... *weeps*

I got way to used to playing modpacks where mob griefing was turned off, and got complacent. That'll learn me.

Status
Not open for further replies.