Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Army Stich85

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to burst your bubble, but you didn't need to make a T1 rocket :/ Look in the very bottom set of quests for your answer! Be sure to have 9 diamonds handy.
Can you please explain why i need 9 diamonds? i checked quest book but no help just says i need a tier 2 rocket.... ?

TIMMO

Jul 29, 2019
Can you please explain why i need 9 diamonds? i checked quest book but no help just says i need a tier 2 rocket.... ?

If you check the last chapter of your quest book, you can exchange all schematics with a diamond block.

An unrelated question: The galacticraft ores can be hammered manually into broken ores, but the auto-hammerer does not accept them, is it intended?

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
And again it "froze"... while using minechem, pumping chemicals out with a transfernode into a sorting chest.

Also i reinstalled the modpack and java before.

I am done playing this mod ...

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Jugg3rV, If you have minechem items in your hand if you shift right click on certain things, like ender IO tanks, or fusion or fission chambers you will crash to desktop every time, at least on a Mac. The other problems I can't help you with.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Jugg3rV, If you have minechem items in your hand if you shift right click on certain things, like ender IO tanks, or fusion or fission chambers you will crash to desktop every time, at least on a Mac. The other problems I can't help you with.

Thx for replying, but i didn't shift click with the minechem items.
I cannot even replicate the problem. It just happens. But at times i think, it has to do with NEI and the recipes.

When the problem occours i cannot access certain inventories, mostly vanilla chests, barrels and functional blocks. The strange thing is, that some inventories can be accessed.
Most functional blocks froze, as if the game won't generate ticks anymore. Still i can move, open doors and such.

When closing minecraft by save & exit the server shutdown screen will not finish closing MC and the process has to be removed by the taskmanager.

TIMMO

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how i can acquire gold to make the awesomemite?

Sieve gravel. They are made by minechem synthesizer with silicon dioxide (Check NEI). Get an automated obsidian generator, decompose them and get 16 of them each.

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
Tip for the day: Do not use the 4Space Venus Jetpack on the moon.

Tap of the space bar and suddenly in space at y level 600+, death from fall damage on the moon :)

At least it got the death quest completed and it was hilarious traveling that fast!

if you use the jet pack and a glider, you don't take Fall damage and can glide around scouting for dungeons

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how i can acquire gold to make the awesomemite?
I decomposed some quest rewards to get gold. There are a couple of rewards where you can receive chemical gold as an option too, I always pick those since gold is so short on this map.

On the subject of awesomite, is there even a use for the awesomite hammer? As far as I can tell it doesn't mine, doesn't work as a weapon, and doesn't work as a wrench either. Not awesome.

Elshar

Jul 29, 2019
I decomposed some quest rewards to get gold. There are a couple of rewards where you can receive chemical gold as an option too, I always pick those since gold is so short on this map.

On the subject of awesomite, is there even a use for the awesomite hammer? As far as I can tell it doesn't mine, doesn't work as a weapon, and doesn't work as a wrench either. Not awesome.

I beg to differ. How many of your friends has an awesomite pick? That's what I thought.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
What i dont understand about this crash is, that i cannot copy or delete some of the folders content. Looks like some files are still "in use" and i have to reeboot the operating system to start the pack again or delete files ...
tried updating NEI and ChickensCore.

U

ulthar

Hello, and thank you for making this modpack.
I'm new for mods about galactic modpacks, so this is good for me to learn.
Problem is I can't get moon rock for sieving quiest with pickaxe, both of stone-made and wooden one.
As same as I punch and crash normal stone in default map, there's nothing I can pick up.
Is there something other I have to use(gravel crafting recipe isn't appear with what I can get now).

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
if I just sky block a 25 by 25 square of compressed cobble, and build my base under that, would that server as a effective meteor shield?

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Wooden picks can mine moon turf and dirt. You need a stone pick to gather moon rock. I have just started a lets play series for Galactic Science, the first episode is uploading now. If you follow along it will explain how to progress in the pack.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
if I just sky block a 25 by 25 square of compressed cobble, and build my base under that, would that server as a effective meteor shield?

Yes. I'm not sure how far you have to compress cobblestone for it to be fully blast resistant. What works nearly as well is to put down 1 layer of normal cobblestone with a layer of half slab cobblestone on top of it. Once you have an automatic cobble generator it is easy as pie to make.

P

player1

Im really interested in this mod, but can't make it run. FTB console says:

Error while running launchMinecraft(): java.lang.NullPointerException
Error while checking news: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL:
http:// launcher.feed-the-beast.com/newsupdate.php

I keep experienceing the "Error while checking news" error, did you find a fix for it yet?

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing the pack now for about an hour without freeze.

Moved it to the multimc launcher, updated the chickencore and NEI and installed the new forge. :D

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
I hope that solves your problem.

If not, have you tried the FTB launcher? Each mod pack you play from FTB has a separate folder with all the files necessary for all the mods making up the mod pack. Keeps everything in separate folders and keeps track of which mod needs which version of each mod pack. I've never had a problem with it. I've never had to manually install anything for a mod pack and it all just works.

Status
Not open for further replies.