Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
Ok having a problem with getting a skull for a soul binder. I have not gotten a single skull. I've been using The Ender and a polytool with an entire stack of beryllium on it. Any suggestions? I did grab an evolved skeleton spawner with a diamond dolly but haven't set it up yet. Is that worth doing or am I doing something wrong or should be trying something else to get a skull?

Also can anyone point me at a good tutorial for how to configure the matter transmitter and receivers properly? I can't get mine to work.

I'll get to use my matter transmitter/receiver tonight for the first time so if it works I'll post what my setup is if you haven't figured it out before I get a chance to try mine out.

My girls and I made it to Mars and I'm mining for desh and other ores! I used the setup as was mentioned for me to fill my oxygen tanks and I used a similar setup for recharging my RR Pickaxe.

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
Ok having a problem with getting a skull for a soul binder. I have not gotten a single skull. I've been using The Ender and a polytool with an entire stack of beryllium on it. Any suggestions? I did grab an evolved skeleton spawner with a diamond dolly but haven't set it up yet. Is that worth doing or am I doing something wrong or should be trying something else to get a skull?

Also can anyone point me at a good tutorial for how to configure the matter transmitter and receivers properly? I can't get mine to work.

Use the polytool and add some more beryllium. I use 5 stacks on mine and I average 2 heads per mob.

In regards to the RF Tools transmitter and receiver. I don't know a good tutorial however they are pretty simple once you get the basics. Basically connect both machines as well as a dialing device to power and name both the transmitter and reciever (example: moon base receive and moon base send) then just select the dialing device and select your transmitter on the top and then the recieve you want to travel to on the bottom. Click dial/dial once and you're good to go. Just make sure your transmitter has power. If it doesn't have enough to send you all the way you will be killed which is no fun lol interdimensional travel always costs me around half of a full charge.

Hope this all helps. I learned about the RF Tools machines by watching Direwolf20's latest modded lets play. I don't know if he's done a full spotlight on the mod however.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019

Use the polytool and add some more beryllium. I use 5 stacks on mine and I average 2 heads per mob.

I had the same problem getting mob heads. Polytool with 4 stacks of Be and no heads. Ender with max upgrades and still no heads. I think the issue is mob heads are a rare drop with very low rate. 'Be' on the Polytool and the Ender increase the drop chance, but it's still a rare drop. Even adding Looting 3 to the Ender doesn't make the rate anywhere near 100%. What finally worked for me was automating mob killing via Diamond/Gold spikes and just letting it run. That, and some good RNG, and loot bags.

Aside, element augments to the Polytool has been buggy since inception. Shame it isn't fixed yet.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've manually updated my client to have Modular Storage Systems 2.2.1 due to the fact I want all the mod can offer me with item searches in the storage. It's been fairly smooth, only slight problem it breaks progression slightly with the minetweaker not picking up the new core. Any other reason that the update wasnt been used? I remember there been one

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
They changed all existing blocks. So if you placed anything in the world from older version, it will vanish on world load. Taking into consideration that this could include the main storage of the player its a nogo.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Well I added 3 stacks of beryllium to my polytool and finally got a single skull while cleaning a dungeon.

As for the matter transmitter and receiver, I'm still not sure what the problem is. I've configured it like that, the one on the moon seems to indicate I can dial mars, but the mars one all the options are grayed out. Sometimes the moon one is grayed out too. Sometimes I get a message that says something like the receiver is too high. Or something to that effect. When I want to go to mars I take a rocket with spare fuel to get back. I'd dearly love to get it worked out. Next time I have some hours to kill in game I'll go back to mars and try it again.

Update, I rolled the dice and used the porter to mars. I checked the dialer there and reset its configuration and then it seemed to work. Not sure what the problem was, I had looked at the dang thing 10 times. But now I can go back and forth at will.

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm, i was trying to find this on FTB launcher, the pack code is invalid? is there another code? or do I need to go somewhere else to download?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
It's been mentioned to me to have a look at, it's a pretty huge material investment. The modular storage is pretty good (once patched to 2.2.1) and I can stretch it out to have access points where ever I want in my base. It suits my needs.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone having problems with glitching through solid blocks when using Dark Steel pants with speed upgrades? A minimap with death point markers would be really, really helpful right now.

PizzaMan585

Jul 29, 2019
Im having problems with the Automatic sieve creating lag because of the particles i was wondering if there was plans in the future to update Ex Astris to 1.16
or does anyone have a way to remove the particles

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Im having problems with the Automatic sieve creating lag because of the particles i was wondering if there was plans in the future to update Ex Astris to 1.16
or does anyone have a way to remove the particles
Yeah, I'll agree, the particles are quite annoying and FPS-intensive, especially on lower-end systems. If the newest version lets you turn them off, I'd highly recommend it.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Another issue...

Gone to Venus and Mercury to setup a beachhead [Dim Anchor, RFTools Teleportation system, Basic Cap, and Dim Transceiver]. Noticed the Cap on Mars is getting RF from the transceiver, but not the Caps on Venus or Mercury. They're all setup the same way and all set to receive off the same channel. Any ideas?

Edit: Looks like I forgot to set the side of the Cap touching the Transceiver to 'pull'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.