Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I just loaded my world up to play and noticed my diamond chest has nothing in it. Is there a known bugs dealing with sorting diamond chests? I just lost a TON of resources and my desire to continue my world is waning.

No crashes or anything. Just noticed my chest was facing a different direction and everything in it was gone. :(

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there is one solution... Can hardcode the recipe with minetweaker as minechem supports it. I am looking into how best to do this with a recursive recipe such as compressed cobble and if I come up with anything halfway decent I will submit a PR on github.
It would be 'nice' if this type of thing worked consistently. Something working one day and not the next is kinda a play-turnoff for me. Even moreso with this pack and the T1 stage...
And I should have 'knocked on wood' or 'rubbed a rabbit's foot' cause now my double compressed isn't decomposing after logging in today...

Yeah...this is silly. Spent mucho time getting the iron for 9 world interaction upgrades to have the node spit out 9 cobble per tick...which isn't too fast [maybe a double compressed every couple seconds]. With double not decompressing, downgrading to 1x compressed is causing the decomposer to eat up all available energy.

Couple restarts and its working again 'knock on wood'

Last edited:

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
It would be 'nice' if this type of thing worked consistently. Something working one day and not the next is kinda a play-turnoff for me. Even moreso with this pack and the T1 stage...
And I should have 'knocked on wood' or 'rubbed a rabbit's foot' cause now my double compressed isn't decomposing after logging in today...

Yeah...this is silly. Spent mucho time getting the iron for 9 world interaction upgrades to have the node spit out 9 cobble per tick...which isn't too fast [maybe a double compressed every couple seconds]. With double not decompressing, downgrading to 1x compressed is causing the decomposer to eat up all available energy.

Couple restarts and its working again 'knock on wood'

I got permission to go ahead and set up the minetweaker recipes for up to quadruple compressed cobble but the output might be slightly different than it is currently. Currently cobble as a 1/10th chance to output and 5 or 6 different outputs, double compressed is 100% output, but has many more possible outputs but they are just varying amounts of the same elements. To make hardcoding possible I am going to be using 1/9 output for cobble and going from there to set up the rest. It will be a slight nerf in one way, but a slight buff in another so I believe it should even out. I will probably have the recipes done tonight or tomorrow morning, but as for when it might actually make it to release I don't know, but I will post the config here as well so you can add it to your setup.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed an anomaly with the quest progression. Under the "MORE POWER!" tab you quickly halt progression in that tab until you can get to mars as the vat needs desh, but it has things like the syngas controller and gas turbine controller/turbines after it which you can make before getting to mars.

Looking at the page it seems a logical place to put the vat and rocket fuel quest would be directly before the capacitor bank quests. That will allow completion of the advanced generators quests while placing the vat quest in a place that would go well with player progression.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Not everything in minechem breaks down into items. FYI I.E. Cobble place in may not give anything when place in that.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Not everything in minechem breaks down into items. FYI I.E. Cobble place in may not give anything when place in that.

Minechem uses a chance system for many items. So you might see nothing while throwing in 20 tyrian, but the 21th could give something nice ;)

DonatelloM

Jul 29, 2019
hi, first of all, excellent modpack.. :)

Now to the point.. i noticed that to form an aluminum block from ex nihilo ingots, you have to use a galacticraft one also.. is this intended?
tks :)

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
i'm on 8 vibrant steam turbines (2 per controller, a total of 4 different generators) powered by Syngas, which is generated from cellulose (all saplings and logs made into cellulose), from a large enough tree farm - works like a charm, outputs a lot of power.
I've made a setup like yours but I've only one generator with 10 steel turbines but it suck syngas like crazy.

I haven't enough vibrant alloy to update all turbine but I'm asking if making small generators aren't better as they such less syngas.

Have you one syngas producer for feeding all generators?

You pipe syngas directly to generators or have you a buffer tank.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
I've made a setup like yours but I've only one generator with 10 steel turbines but it suck syngas like crazy.

I haven't enough vibrant alloy to update all turbine but I'm asking if making small generators aren't better as they such less syngas.

Have you one syngas producer for feeding all generators?

You pipe syngas directly to generators or have you a buffer tank.
1 Syngas generator per 2 vibrant turbines, i have a buffer bedrockium drum, but normal does the trick also. Also use the blocks that gave 135/185% bonus fuel usage to make it more efficient

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I got a recipe set up for decomposing up to 4x compressed cobble. For 3x and 4x compressed I went with an even output of all elements instead of making them give huge bursts of just two elements like with double compressed cobble. The numbers might need a slight tweaking to get the outputs to be the same level as before, it is quite hard to quantize the recipes the recursion system was spitting out so I just went with averaging everything out.

The file is here: http://pastebin.com/0jau7ya9 just replace the minechem.zs in the ftb/GalacticScience/minecraft/scripts folder with it and it should be good.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey i have the modpack show if you guys want to take a look. a few things, 10 Ob >1 gravel?? (unless it is compressed) and the recipe for Gal Carbon and fuel pellets are the same and it will not make the pellets? Other then that i love this pack and hope to do more with it in the future. I last thing the audio is set to not pick up back ground niose but Win 10 is being derpy on recording so it did and my kids left the windows up before they went to bed so you can hear crickets all through it, sorry if that is annoying.

Reactions: Caithleen

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i have the modpack show if you guys want to take a look. a few things, 10 Ob >1 gravel?? (unless it is compressed) and the recipe for Gal Carbon and fuel pellets are the same and it will not make the pellets? Other then that i love this pack and hope to do more with it in the future. I last thing the audio is set to not pick up back ground niose but Win 10 is being derpy on recording so it did and my kids left the windows up before they went to bed so you can hear crickets all through it, sorry if that is annoying.

It should be 16 gravel from one obsidian, you get 16 silicon dioxide from one obsidian and it is one silicon dioxide to one gravel.

As for the fuel pellets, use carbon, it serves the same purpose as the fuel pellets(one item smelted per) and you can source it from things more efficient than coal/charcoal(Sugarcane is your friend).

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
It should be 16 gravel from one obsidian, you get 16 silicon dioxide from one obsidian and it is one silicon dioxide to one gravel.

As for the fuel pellets, use carbon, it serves the same purpose as the fuel pellets(one item smelted per) and you can source it from things more efficient than coal/charcoal(Sugarcane is your friend).
I tested that in the video the carbon don't work in the furnace i didn't put any in the progressive machines but i assumed since it didn't work in the furnace it wouldn't in the machines? The quest book show 10 for 1 ?? I mean me i would just break down the Ob and use the Silicon for it. I was just pointing out that it didn't add up.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
What furnace? it works in the vanilla furnace and it works in the generators, it should work as fuel in anything.

I think that quest might be there for if something really really bad happens and you need to restart from scratch it gives you a way to get gravel without a decompser/synthesizer/power/

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
just tested it the frag carbon you get from breaking down coal like you should be able to get pellets from does not even go in the Progressive machines as a fuel source. I mean i can try it on the FTB launcher also but i assume it will be the same.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
What furnace? it works in the vanilla furnace and it works in the generators, it should work as fuel in anything.

I think that quest might be there for if something really really bad happens and you need to restart from scratch it gives you a way to get gravel without a decompser/synthesizer/power/
you can check the video i put logs in the top and fragmented Carbon in the bottom and nothing. NEI says it is only use to make fuel??

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
you can check the video i put logs in the top and fragmented Carbon in the bottom and nothing. NEI says it is only use to make fuel??
lol, I mean decompose stuff to get the element carbon and use that as fuel, each elemental carbon will act the same as a fuel pellet. Galacticraft overrides the actual fuel pellet recipe but the modpack has not changed it back because elemental carbon serves the same purpose and is much more efficient than the fuel pellets.

Reactions: Caithleen

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm...Seems PA planters cannot do cocoa beans and the only other farming option is EnderIO's farming station? Does EIO now support cocoa bean farms?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
lol, I mean decompose stuff to get the element carbon and use that as fuel, each elemental carbon will act the same as a fuel pellet. Galacticraft overrides the actual fuel pellet recipe but the modpack has not changed it back because elemental carbon serves the same purpose and is much more efficient than the fuel pellets.
I didn't know the Chem carbon worked that way i'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.