Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
i dont get the reason for them beside lazy silk farming, xp or some gunpowder here and there.
I thought that I would have to try and build a mob trap to kill zombies to get the meteoric iron. Its just as well that I figured out that all I needed was a diamond pick to harvest the meteors covering the area around my base because I haven't seen a single mob in my trap.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a quest that gives you a chemical synthesizer or do I have to make one from scratch? I've nearly completed all of the quests in the first set, and got a chemical decomposer as a quest reward which left me hanging on the counterpart. If there's a quest for one, perhaps these two quest rewards should be in succession instead of spread out, and if you aren't given one as a reward, perhaps you should put a quest in that gives it. Without minechem, getting iron is INSANELY slow even with an automatic sieve, and the pack stalls there.

Edit: I finally found the synthesizer quest. Personally I would move the decomposer reward to the beginning of the "I was bad at math, but..." quest tree, and make up a new quest to get it, as right now it seems completely disconnected and hard to tell what quest to follow up to progress.

Last edited:

helixyuri

Jul 29, 2019
The best way to get gold, tin, and silver is to convert flint into gravel and sieve the gravel.
Sieving moon rock gives you iron, aluminum, and copper.

flint --> gravel --> gold, tin, silver

moonrock --> iron, copper, aluminum

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
convert flint into gravel
Wrong. Not flint. Obsidian->SiO2->gravel->iron, gold, tin, silver, copper, aluminum, diamonds, emeralds, coal, flint. Obsidian gets easy by pumping lava into a drum and from the drum into a stone barrel. Place a source block of water on top of the barrel (held in place by any non-flamable block) and rclicking the stone barrel will flick out a block of obsidian. 4 obsidian will make one gravel.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
The best way to get gold, tin, and silver is to convert flint into gravel and sieve the gravel.
Sieving moon rock gives you iron, aluminum, and copper.

flint --> gravel --> gold, tin, silver

moonrock --> iron, copper, aluminum
moonrock gives iron/copper/aluminum at a rate of 7% each.
gravel gives iron at 20%, aluminum at 13%, and copper at 6%.
Moonrock gives clay, raw silicon, ice block, and fallen meteor while gravel does not.
gravel also gives gold, lead, silver, and emerald while moonrock does not.

To me, gravel wins hands down once you are established with a water source and clay. There's no point in even mining the moonrock once you can steadily convert gravel.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
4 obsidian will make one stack of gravel.

Fixed :)

And you get your syntheseizer at the start of the minechem questline.
moonrock gives iron/copper/aluminum at a rate of 7% each.
gravel gives iron at 20%, aluminum at 13%, and copper at 6%.
Moonrock gives clay, raw silicon, ice block, and fallen meteor while gravel does not.
gravel also gives gold, lead, silver, and emerald while moonrock does not.

To me, gravel wins hands down once you are established with a water source and clay. There's no point in even mining the moonrock once you can steadily convert gravel.

Correct. One of the main things to do @T1 is learning minechem and basic automation to get gravel and perhaps turf lines running -> gravel>rock :)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
One little question (searched through the 9 pages but didn't see it, hope it wasn't hidden in some spoilers):

Is there a way to cycle through recipes when one recipe is used more than once?
(In my case I try to make the "mini"-version of coal/charcoal for the chopper, but it has the same recipe as the carbon of galaticraft and only shows me that "to be crafted". Looked through NEI but mini-coal/-charcoal only gave me the one recipe to use)

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
The pellets from PU arent craftable, tried to fix it but results in a crash.

You should be using Hydrogen, carbon and stuff anyway! :D

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i was a bit misleading on the questtext. It should better be like "Now you make liquids, here are 3 of them..." :)

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
(neither does the water recipe)
I only used 3 blocks of the ice. One to quickly start wheat, carrots, cane and potatoes growing. And 2 more to create an infinite water supply. I havent used a whole lot of water at all since except for a smallish field of melons and pumpkins. Melons are a great source of nitrogen and pumpkins are great for lighting (incidentally I would appreciate a heads-up if you plan to nerf jack o' lanterns).

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
The pellets from PU arent craftable, tried to fix it but results in a crash.

You should be using Hydrogen, carbon and stuff anyway! :D
Either using hydrogen by itself for fuel, or making it into methyl methacrylate which burns for 5700. That leaves me with a surplus of carbon to make into carbon nanotubes. My fuel source is usually carrots broken down and turned into methyl methacrylate.
I only used 3 blocks of the ice. One to quickly start wheat, carrots, cane and potatoes growing. And 2 more to create an infinite water supply. I havent used a whole lot of water at all since except for a smallish field of melons and pumpkins. Melons are a great source of nitrogen and pumpkins are great for lighting (incidentally I would appreciate a heads-up if you plan to nerf jack o' lanterns).
I always just used glowstone torches for lighting since I got so much glowstone from the moon turf.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Another question.
The Quest with the Endstone-Icon says, that I would know how to make endstone. But I can't find any avaible source of Lithium besides mycelium (which would need a silktouch-tool to actually getting it). Is there something I oversee, or would that actually really be the way to get endstone (so first trying to get silktouch)?

Hope I'm not confusing mycelium with another item that had lithium, it gets difficult sometimes to track all the recipes back to an item that is actually possible to craft.
(like I backtracked nitrogen back to tnt... now I read that melons have it, too. Thanks for this hint about them! Really difficult to find the right "starting"-point in minechem :/ )

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Another question.
The Quest with the Endstone-Icon says, that I would know how to make endstone. But I can't find any avaible source of Lithium besides mycelium (which would need a silktouch-tool to actually getting it). Is there something I oversee, or would that actually really be the way to get endstone (so first trying to get silktouch)?

Hope I'm not confusing mycelium with another item that had lithium, it gets difficult sometimes to track all the recipes back to an item that is actually possible to craft.
(like I backtracked nitrogen back to tnt... now I read that melons have it, too. Thanks for this hint about them! Really difficult to find the right "starting"-point in minechem :/ )
That quest doesn't actually require you to make endstone, only silicon. The next quest after it does give endstone as a reward for making nether quartz.

To make it:
mycelium under a barrel, water in barrel to make witch water, then put sand inside to make soul sand, and finally sieve the soul sand

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I always just used glowstone torches for lighting since I got so much glowstone from the moon turf.
Jack o' Lanterns are considerably brighter than glowstone and can be inset into floors and walls, creating well lit, SMOOTH surfaces. I am using glowstone torches outside and for cave exploration initial lighting because it is easier spam them.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Jack o' Lanterns are considerably brighter than glowstone and can be inset into floors and walls, creating well lit, SMOOTH surfaces. I am using glowstone torches outside and for cave exploration initial lighting because it is easier spam them.
I'll try it out. Speaking of lighting, I've not been able to use F7 on the moon to see if there are any unlit areas around my base. Is there any alternatives to see block light levels in this modpack?

Status
Not open for further replies.