Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
That quest doesn't actually require you to make endstone, only silicon. The next quest after it does give endstone as a reward for making nether quartz.

To make it:
mycelium under a barrel, water in barrel to make witch water, then put sand inside to make soul sand, and finally sieve the soul sand

Thanks for the hint.
And I was confused cause the quest-text said something like "Now that you know you can make endstone", sounds like I should be able to make it, but couldn't find the recipe I could make at this point.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
sweet thanks! trying it out.
Edit: love it! thanks! btw if you try it, it uses the F9 key. I really like the number overlay on the ground, very helpful!

Thanks for the hint.
And I was confused cause the quest-text said something like "Now that you know you can make endstone", sounds like I should be able to make it, but couldn't find the recipe I could make at this point.

Without a fusion or fission chamber, I doubt you would be able to make end stone at all without decomposing something actually made with end stone.

Last edited:

Zyin

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try it out. Speaking of lighting, I've not been able to use F7 on the moon to see if there are any unlit areas around my base. Is there any alternatives to see block light levels in this modpack?
Zyin's HUD has a feature called Safe Overlay. It mimics the F7 feature but is more configurable and 50% less CPU hungry. It also has a bunch of other random stuff if you're interested in that.

Reactions: SirWill

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Zyin's HUD has a feature called Safe Overlay. It mimics the F7 feature but is more configurable and 50% less CPU hungry. It also has a bunch of other random stuff if you're interested in that.
Oh cool. I think I've used that hud before from the Revolution pack on ATB, I just didn't know what it's called. Installing it now.

Btw, a bit of feedback on the ratios of this pack, iron seems drastically short supplied considering how much is needed for recipes. I've even automated sieve/hammer/dust processing using crafters and no matter the method I use, I'm always waiting on more iron. Makes the pack a bit grindy. I'm thinking either the sieve rate of iron needs increasing or some other method needs to be there, because iron is used in SOOOO many recipes for it to be this rare.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the hint.
End stone is also glowstone dust in a barrel of lava. That is an ex nihilo addition.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Stonebarrel from Exnihilo - put lava in, click it with glowstone - tada endstone (for the lillies e.g.)

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
The game crashes if you try to craft limestone stone. It shuts down the server and closes.

Known issue and we cant remove the recipes, so dont craft limestone or marble from the chunks right now. We are looking for an alternative since Ex Astris (that adds this recipes) is discontinued.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Two quest issues:
1. The tier 2 and tier 3 rocket detection quests should be fuzzy. I built the version with chests and the quest didn't update, which for something this expensive to make is silly.
2. The tier 2 rocket reward gives 3 rocket launch pad blocks. A launch pad requires 9 blocks, and the crafting recipe also provides 9 blocks, thus making this reward completely useless. Either remove it or give 9 blocks.

Btw, refined relocation sucks. It's buggy and I just lost a full chest full of items because of it.

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
Known issue and we cant remove the recipes, so dont craft limestone or marble from the chunks right now. We are looking for an alternative since Ex Astris (that adds this recipes) is discontinued.
Actually fixed with pack version 1.3 :)

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Two quest issues:
1. The tier 2 and tier 3 rocket detection quests should be fuzzy. I built the version with chests and the quest didn't update, which for something this expensive to make is silly.
2. The tier 2 rocket reward gives 3 rocket launch pad blocks. A launch pad requires 9 blocks, and the crafting recipe also provides 9 blocks, thus making this reward completely useless. Either remove it or give 9 blocks.

Btw, refined relocation sucks. It's buggy and I just lost a full chest full of items because of it.

Valid points on the Quests *puts in on the list*

RR is amazing, never heard of it eating stuff before.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Obsidian gets easy by pumping lava into a drum and from the drum into a stone barrel. Place a source block of water on top of the barrel (held in place by any non-flamable block) and rclicking the stone barrel will flick out a block of obsidian. 4 obsidian will make one gravel.
Noticed a bug with this setup when using the "Transfer node (liquids)" to do this. The transfer node will suck in 8 buckets of lava from the drum, and when you pull an obsidian out of the stone barrel, it dumps ALL 8 buckets of lava into the stone barrel but only producing 1 obsidian, thus wasting 7 buckets worth of lava. If you cycle between placing the water on top and grabbing obsidian, this doesn't happen, so it seems like the transfer node is dumping too fast before it gets a signal to stop.

Edit: in fact, I started using mostly transfer nodes this game, and I've started noticing that they are kinda hard to use and work with without any covers to block connections, and kinda buggy to use. Planning on switching over to conduits I guess.
Valid points on the Quests *puts in on the list*

RR is amazing, never heard of it eating stuff before.
I was setting up a system using relocation tubes and piping them into a copper sorting chest full of building/decoration blocks. For some reason the system started refusing to sort anything at all, so I exited the game, and when I went back in, that sorting chest with the building/decoration blocks was empty. It could have been worse, like my ingot and metal box, but still, it hurt a bit to lose all my chisel blocks I had.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying this pack so far. I love how it's pretty much "skyblock minus the skyblock". :p

I also appreciate how the modpack is lightweight so my junk computer can easily handle it, but still includes so many interesting mods I've never tried before. ^_^

Just lost on a few things. How do I get an oil-filled canister? NEI hasn't been very helpful in that regard.

Also, is there a trick to finding a moon dungeon so I can get the tier 2 rocket plans? I've been wandering around and all I can find are endless fields of moon turf and meteorites. :p

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying this pack so far. I love how it's pretty much "skyblock minus the skyblock". :p

I also appreciate how the modpack is lightweight so my junk computer can easily handle it, but still includes so many interesting mods I've never tried before. ^_^

Just lost on a few things. How do I get an oil-filled canister? NEI hasn't been very helpful in that regard.

Also, is there a trick to finding a moon dungeon so I can get the tier 2 rocket plans? I've been wandering around and all I can find are endless fields of moon turf and meteorites. :p
You get oil from trees in a crucible. You get rocket plans from turning in a block of diamonds on the 9th quest tree "Silly Willi's Space Junk" Schematics quest.

Note on RR glitches. It doesn't seem to like dimensional travel, and stops working when you visit another planet and come back. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough. I have to exit the game and go back in to get it working again. This may have also been what ate my chest inventory as well.

Edit: The capacitor bank quest lines "External sources", "Compressed Energy", and "WORTH IT" auto complete without doing anything. Also, the "Steam Usages." quest would be better suited following the "Steam!" quest instead of "Buffering please wait..." since it has nothing to do with a syngas generator.

Also, you have a quest for each stage of a working advanced generators power source except the flux generator, which is required to output any power.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpitefulFox

Myu

Jul 29, 2019
Great modpack!<3 enjoyed it so far, just wondering what is this pack end goal/goal about other than trying to survive for oxygen ,continuously sieving and sieving , minechem-ing ,automating stuff, dimensions, going to other planets for sieve materials? :p

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Well we got 6 tiers right now :

T1 - You start on the moon
T2 - You reach Mars /EIO / Automation / Power
T3 - You reach the other planets for Nuclear Power and Stargate Construction
T4- You build the Stargate, power it, find the coordinates of the Underworld Temple where the insane Tardis is held
T5 - You reconstruct the Tardis Key in the Temple and then ...
T6 - Fly off to all the places, bosses, worlds and stuff that the Dalek Mod gives you

Right now the mods and base mechanics for all tiers are in, but T4/T5 transition is not done 100% yet.

TemporalAnomaly

Jul 29, 2019
Love this pack, but it seems that i can't place blocks on the moon when they are adjacent to other blocks. It happened once when i was making a tree farm, i dug a hole in the ground and tried to place dirt in it, and i crashed. It also happened when i was laying out iron gravel to hammer. here is the log for the latter: http://pastebin.com/YjUu2fGg

Status
Not open for further replies.