JamPacked II

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

FennekMaster

Jul 29, 2019
The goal of my modpack is to make it challenging but easy for anyone to pickup and play. Kind of like Super Meat Boy. Of course not as hard as Super Meat Boy. XD

Ar13mis

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am completely new to this and was wondering how to install NEI. I found the original website unhelpful for installing. Could anyone offer assistance to me?

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Okay...well then.
First, what are you using to launch Minecraft?
Multi-MC, AT, FTB, Technic, or Vanilla.

Ar13mis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Multi-MC. I added them just like I added all of my other mods (which all work fine). I added both ChickenChunks and NEI (latest versions first paired together and then recommended version paired together).

Edit: Just thought to say that the game still runs just fine. There is just no NEI. Everything else works perfectly.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Multi-MC. I added them just like I added all of my other mods (which all work fine). I added both ChickenChunks and NEI (latest versions first paired together and then recommended version paired together).

Edit: Just thought to say that the game still runs just fine. There is just no NEI. Everything else works perfectly.
Are you in survival mode?

Mowmaster

Jul 29, 2019
I was having issues with getting the lastest nei to work in my pack. Try the recommended or an older version. Also is this client side or server side? If client side try a fresh instance and install just chickencore and nei first. Run that to see if its maybe not something else causing the issues

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Well it depends. You can do a map with like, no mods, but a great quest, or a modpack with tons of mods, but not very good quests, but your best bet is to focus on both aspects.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019

Did you add the coremod as well? And ran the modpack with the coremod in it while online?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

SkitzAvernal98

Jul 29, 2019
All fires up for JamPacked II! But there are the iGCSEs...

Double the challenge for me! Check out my modpack: Nyctophobia.

Ryanasaurus

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I have an idea, and a team. If you guys are interested in it, or have any suggestions, you can check out the github we are using to store configs and stuff. Not much done on it yet though, not even a name :p
Not going to say much about the idea behind the pack, apart from you don't spawn in the overworld :) (Not that I have much more than that at the moment)
I also might end up streaming some development

ScryingStan

Jul 29, 2019
Could a pack have the catastrophic event that makes it apocalyptic happen mid way through the pack as in a three chapter pack the event is implied to happen during chapter 2 but is not seen due to the player/s being in a different world/dimension at the time.

Reactions: legionite626

Montybone1234

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a bit - not without a reason tho.

I agree that themes could make it more challenging, but this theme is a very limited, which i really don't like. And apocalypse in particular is a theme i really dislike, because of all the zombie games, which have been released within the last 2 years. I know you probably would be able to come around the theme apocalypse without focusing too much on zombies, but zombies is the first thing people thing of when hearing "apocalypse".

The first thing that comes to my mind when you say 'apocalypse' is actually just devastation, not any specefic form of it. My submission actually applies with the theme perfectly which I'm happy about.. and no it doesn't involve zombies. :D

Numbah90

Jul 29, 2019
Could a pack have the catastrophic event that makes it apocalyptic happen mid way through the pack as in a three chapter pack the event is implied to happen during chapter 2 but is not seen due to the player/s being in a different world/dimension at the time.
Don't see why that wouldn't be the case, as it is very open to interpretation.

Ar13mis

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a question about whether your theme will work, you could always message Watchful. I was super pumped for my first idea, messaged him to make sure it was okay, and was told it was a little outside the theme. I'm glad I checked and it could help others before they get a lot of work done on their project.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Likely not. The intention of the apocalypse bit is to have the player start with limited resources and utilize the abandoned or destroyed infrastructure left over from the event to rebuild. So it would certainly be fine show the event happening at the beginning, or even give the player a chance to grab some supplies first, but half way through the pack would be pushing it.

If you have a question about whether your theme will work, you could always message Watchful. I was super pumped for my first idea, messaged him to make sure it was okay, and was told it was a little outside the theme. I'm glad I checked and it could help others before they get a lot of work done on their project.
It's certainly fine to PM me, but it would be better to ask in the thread. That way everyone else can see the answer.