JamPacked II

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
r8NESYf.png

JamPacked is a modpack and map making competition, introduced last summer and is now making its return.

"This time around, the rules are a bit different."

Submission Requirements:
The modpack must be quest based of some sort with a definitive ending.
The modpack must be based on an apocalypse theme. This is very much open to interpretation, but there must be something to do with civilization having suffered a catastrophe.
The modpack must be built on Minecraft 1.7.10.
You must be able to get permission to distribute all the mods in your modpack publicly. You don't have to submit your pack to the third party system, but there isn't much point in a winning modpack that no one can play.

Notes:
Everything else is up to you, (The Author).
You are not required to use any specific mods, I.E. a wall of signs would fulfill the quest requirements.
You aren't even required to submit a map (though I highly recommend it).

Time Frame:
The competition will run from now until 11:59pm UTC on the 15th May 2015.
Judging will be completed and prizes will be handed out by the end of June.

What will winners get?
We have not quite settled on a prize yet, but there will be no distinction between individual and team submissions. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize.
Employees, relatives and members of FTB, Curse and Creeperhost may submit a pack, but will not be eligible to win prizes.

Packs that have been publicly worked on before this announcement are not eligible.

- Modpack tools thread
- Creation Forum
-
Subreddit

Submission form and prize details coming soon.
Submissions are now open
Rules subject to change.

Last edited:

Girafi

Jul 29, 2019
Limited to a specific theme?.. That's just stupid. It does really limit how creative you can get with the pack making. And even apocalypse? There have been sooo many games out there with that theme. Well i guess i'll not participate this time arround. Good luck to everyone which decide to participate tho ^^

Reactions: RedBoss

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Limited to a specific theme?.. That's just stupid. It does really limit how creative you can get with the pack making. And even apocalypse? There have been sooo many games out there with that theme. Well i guess i'll not participate this time arround. Good luck to everyone which decide to participate tho ^^

Harsh much? Themes aren't a terrible thing. besides, adding limitations to a contest makes it more challenging.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate this year, but I may still try it out.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Your choice if you don't want to participate. Picking a specific theme solves a lot of problems for us.

Reactions: Padfoote

Girafi

Jul 29, 2019
Harsh much? Themes aren't a terrible thing. besides, adding limitations to a contest makes it more challenging.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate this year, but I may still try it out.
Maybe a bit - not without a reason tho.

I agree that themes could make it more challenging, but this theme is a very limited, which i really don't like. And apocalypse in particular is a theme i really dislike, because of all the zombie games, which have been released within the last 2 years. I know you probably would be able to come around the theme apocalypse without focusing too much on zombies, but zombies is the first thing people thing of when hearing "apocalypse".

Reactions: RedBoss

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
When you only have one topic it makes you have to be more creative, I personally can't wait to see what comes out with this. But that's your opinion so if your happy then it does not bother me.

Well anyways, Good luck to everyone! o/

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Must the quests be something the player can read, or can it be indirectly forcing the player to follow a certain order of events?
Anything at all you can think of that could remotely be called a quest.

Reactions: CoolSquid

FennekMaster

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, Jampacked 2! I was working on a modpack but I think I'll remake it so that I can use it for a modpack. I also go an idea for the kind of apocalypse I'm gonna use. (And No, it's not a zombie apocalypse.)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

I agree that themes could make it more challenging, but this theme is a very limited, which i really don't like. And apocalypse in particular is a theme i really dislike, because of all the zombie games, which have been released within the last 2 years. I know you probably would be able to come around the theme apocalypse without focusing too much on zombies, but zombies is the first thing people thing of when hearing "apocalypse".
Oh, I don't know. I could probably come up with at least a half-dozen other "apocalypse" scenarios.

In other words...

KAMPACKED CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I'm all fired up!!

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, the Zombie Apocylypse stereotype is annoying, but as a poster before, I have already thought of a good alternative.

nursemmalee

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack must be based on an apocalypse theme. This is very much open to interpretation.

It certainly is, especially when looking up the actual definition of apocalypse. The "death, destruction, and end of all things" idea that most people automatically jump to only ranks as the second or third definition in many dictionaries. The most common is " a disclosure of prophecy or revelation, esp. concerning a cataclysm in which the forces of good triumph over the forces of evil".

So those of you worried about this theme "limiting" your ideas, it's not. You can really take that anywhere. Especially if your idea of "good vs evil" isn't the standard one either. Have fun with it. And good luck everyone. :)

Sorry, just thought I'd point out random word facts. I like them.

Reactions: Nadia and Yulife

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
It certainly is, especially when looking up the actual definition of apocalypse. The "death, destruction, and end of all things" idea that most people automatically jump to only ranks as the second or third definition in many dictionaries. The most common is " a disclosure of prophecy or revelation, esp. concerning a cataclysm in which the forces of good triumph over the forces of evil".

So those of you worried about this theme "limiting" your ideas, it's not. You can really take that anywhere. Especially if your idea of "good vs evil" isn't the standard one either. Have fun with it. And good luck everyone. :)

Sorry, just thought I'd point out random word facts. I like them.
Exactly. It's mainly so we can do something somewhat different next time without waiting 8 months for there to be a new mod set.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Just confirming this, but the members of the Literary Team aren't eligible for the prizes correct? Not really sure if a minor team like us counts as FTB. Regardless, I am in.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Just confirming this, but the members of the Literary Team aren't eligible for the prizes correct? Not really sure if a minor team like us counts as FTB. Regardless, I am in.
Correct. If you have an FTB tag, no prize. We have also decided the Pheonix team is not eligible since they do a lot of work with us, even though they don't have the FTB tag.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hah. Timing. Among my many packs on the drawing board I've had one fighting for brain space while I've been wrestling with getting Breach off the ground. That pack, with only cosmetic alterations, should fit this quite well.

I'm not sure I can wrestle it into required shape in two months...but it might be the impetuous I need. When I get back from vacation I'll look into it.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Submission Requirements:
The modpack must be quest based of some sort with a definitive ending.
The modpack must be based on an apocalypse theme. This is very much open to interpretation, but there must be something to do with civilization having suffered a catastrophe.

That's just utterly retarded IMHO.

Let's make a creativity competition! First things first, let's massively limit our contestant's options!

And the attitude of the responses by the admins, my word...