JamPacked II

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
That's just utterly retarded IMHO.

Let's make a creativity competition! First things first, let's massively limit our contestant's options!

And the attitude of the responses by the admins, my word...
The simplest reason for this is for judging you cannot judge if one pack is totally different from another... Like saying Agrarian skies is better then FTB infinity or vice-versa, One is skyblock, One is Kitchen Sink... With the Aprocalypse theme & the definitive ending, it allows the players to paint a story for the judges... Someone who has a creative mind will stand out ....

Also before slandering this competition think about the following points...
1) This is a FTB competition, Watchful the admin has the rights to set the rules for the competition... And he has setted these rules base on his past experience from JAMPACK 1.... Which had a major issue of judging because the packs were totally different, cant judge skyblock packs against a ME^3, they are two different genres!
2) This competition is FREE! You do not have to pay a single cent to stand a chance to win close to a thousand dollar worth of prizes.....

Last edited:

Loke

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose there are still restrictions on which countries are eligible to win a prize?

pixlepix

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love a theme for Jampacked, but I'd prefer a different one. 'Post-apocalyptic' HQM packs have been done to death, and you can make almost any pack apocalypse-themed easily. It just limits the ability to make an original storyline

Reactions: Girafi

Loke

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love a theme for Jampacked, but I'd prefer a different one. 'Post-apocalyptic' HQM packs have been done to death, and you can make almost any pack apocalypse-themed easily. It just limits the ability to make an original storyline
You don't have to use hqm though... Also, I think it should be easier to judge something that has been done before, and someone that manages to make a post-apocalyptic pack original is amazing.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Well you couldn't of picked a worst time to start, but ey oh. Like several people have said I think using a common/just one theme is a little restricted however, not a problem as I have an idea already. The thing about being a member of FTB CurseForge or Creeperhost what does that actually count as? Is it just staff members? Or specific things? But yeah overall glad with the terms and I hope to start full force work tomorrow when I get home. Thanks for setting up the comp and all the organising you at FTB have done for the event and I hope I wow the community with something evil and breath taking ;)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
That's just utterly retarded IMHO.

Let's make a creativity competition! First things first, let's massively limit our contestant's options!

And the attitude of the responses by the admins, my word...

You can always start your own contest and put up the cash for prizes, if you want... Beggars can't be choosers.

On a separate note...

[TinFoilHat]

Jadedcat resigns from FtB 2 days before Jampack II... Coincidence? :D

[/TinFoilHat]

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
The simplest reason for this is for judging you cannot judge if one pack is totally different from another... Like saying Agrarian skies is better then FTB infinity or vice-versa, One is skyblock, One is Kitchen Sink... With the Aprocalypse theme & the definitive ending, it allows the players to paint a story for the judges... Someone who has a creative mind will stand out ....

Also before slandering this competition think about the following points...
1) This is a FTB competition, Watchful the admin has the rights to set the rules for the competition... And he has setted these rules base on his pass experience from JAMPACK 1.... Which had a major issue of judging because the packs were totally different, cant judge skyblock packs against a ME^3, they are two different genres!
2) This competition is FREE! You do not have to pay a single cent to stand a chance to win close to a thousand dollar worth of prizes.....

All good points and fair enough but a modicum of effort into coming up with an original theme would've been appreciated. These rules reek of laziness and un-originality.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
All good points and fair enough but a modicum of effort into coming up with an original theme would've been appreciated. These rules reek of laziness and un-originality.
This contest of creativity and originality is for the MOD PACK MAKERS NOT the staff/judges, its up to the modpack makers to twist the theme into something unique yet still within the theme of the contest...

This contest is to give the talented and creative modpack makers a chance to shine, motivation to drive them to complete their packs, and also an oportunity for the comunity to experience a truely unique modpack experience! ( ME^3, RR, CL)

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
This is directed at everyone complaining about the restricted theme:

I would imagine it's for judging purposes. I can't even imagine how one would compare two packs with completely different themes, end goal, starting point, etc. Locking the theme makes judging far easier, and it forces people to get more creative than normal. A good modpack dev is going to be able to do some amazing things with this while still being locked to a single theme.

So don't sit here and complain about it. Go prove that you're one of the good modpack devs who can pull off amazing work while being restricted on theme.