JamPacked II

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Yes completely unique, because a post-apocalyptic HQM modpack has never been done before... Oh wait...
IF you take a look at the third party pack creation, there is a player doing a skyblock post aproc map... the map can be anything if you can imagine it.... Hence creativity....

BeerCav

Retired Staff
Jul 3, 2014
U.S. Army - Retired
I just want to add in here that the stipulations of this competition is merely for this competition. The next one will have completely different rules as well. If you don't like this concept then sit this one out. No one will hold anything against you for having your own opinion. (To each their own). This is all for fun and for possible prizes of course but don't take the fun out of it. It's a game after all.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yes completely unique, because a post-apocalyptic HQM modpack has never been done before... Oh wait...

It's not up to the FTB team to be creative with the contest, it's up to the people participating in it. Seriously, what's the big deal with them locking the theme to this one? You're making it seem like the end of the world even though the restrictions aren't all that bad.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
IF you take a look at the third party pack creation, there is a player doing a skyblock post aproc map... the map can be anything if you can imagine it.... Hence creativity....

What?

I just want to add in here that the stipulations of this competition is merely for this competition. The next one will have completely different rules as well. If you don't like this concept then sit this one out. No one will hold anything against you for having your own opinion. (To each their own). This is all for fun and for possible prizes of course but don't take the fun out of it. It's a game after all.

Yes I realise it's just for the competition...

It's not up to the FTB team to be creative with the contest, it's up to the people participating in it. Seriously, what's the big deal with them locking the theme to this one? You're making it seem like the end of the world even though the restrictions aren't all that bad.

Is not the end of the world by any means, doubt I'll even play any of the entries not my playstyle and certainly had no intention of entering...

BUT

It's lazy and annoying on the part of the competition thinker uppers. The Post-apocalyptic HQM modpack/map has been done(very well and extensively), why do we need another raft of them? The ones we have will be polished and improved upon as well. Come up with something new and innovative if you're going to force ppl in a specific direction(there are merits with this and it helps with judging I agree).

The only restriction I would give this competition is that it should NOT be another post-apocalyptic HQM map.

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
What?

Is not the end of the world by any means, doubt I'll even play any of the entries not my playstyle and certainly had no intention of entering...

BUT

It's lazy and annoying on the part of the competition thinker uppers. The Post-apocalyptic HQM modpack/map has been done(very well and extensively), why do we need another raft of them? The ones we have will be polished and improved upon as well. Come up with something new and innovative if you're going to force ppl in a specific direction(there are merits with this and it helps with judging I agree).

The only restriction I would give this competition is that it should NOT be another post-apocalyptic HQM map.
Interesting points. Little confused why your posting if your not interest in the competition?

psp

Jul 29, 2019
What?

BUT

I agree that post-apocalyptic maps have been slightly overdone, but lets wait until the end, im sure some really creative and fun packs will come out.

Kashdeya

Jul 29, 2019
I for one think that making the theme a requirement is going to make this JamPacked better than the last one. yes we got so many good packs from the last JamPacked but with it being set to one theme will bring a whole new set of modpacks/maps to the table instead of modpacks that might look or feel the same as last time.

Reactions: Padfoote

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting points. Little confused why your posting if your not interest in the competition?

I'm genuinely interested to see what people come up with and will def watch LP's etc using these packs...

Purposefully limiting people to do exactly the same things that were done last time only slightly differently is not creativity or innovation.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
There was a thing ftb were advertising for beta testers the other day and I applied but if that stops me winning anything then that's a no for me as I didn't know this would be a term of the comp.
That will not impact this.
Are "FTB Mod Dev"'s eligible?
Yes. It's only a no if you have a Yellow Tag or higher (including grey). Blue tags or no tags can still win.

Reactions: Padfoote

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
To touch on a couple points.

Still working on the prize thing. Hopefully have news later today.

Not changing my mind on the theme thing at this point. If you don't like it, don't make a pack. There really are a heck of a lot of options you could call apocalypse.

No one said anything about HQM. In fact, "You are not required to use any specific mods".

Definitive end means that there is a point in the pack where you have completed all the instructions given by the pack, ie, you're done. A vanilla word with a sign saying, "make a cake", would fulfill the requirements. I'm was trying to word it as loosely as possible to avoid restricting anything I hadn't thought of, but I realize it might be a bit unclear. Let me know if you can come up with any specific scenarios.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Something to consider: Try rewording the theme from "post-apocalypse" to "apocalypse-level event". This broadens the idea enough to encourage people to think outside the original paradigm. A good example of this is Blightfall, which is recovering a planet for colonization after it gets covered by a mysterious blight between the planet's discovery, and the arrival of the colony ship. (Named The Jaded, of course.) An apocalyptic event happened, so technically it can be submitted.

So understanding the wording of the theme helps in describing what you're aiming for.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Barclay Jeffreys

Jul 29, 2019
The simplest reason for this is for judging you cannot judge if one pack is totally different from another... Like saying Agrarian skies is better then FTB infinity or vice-versa, One is skyblock, One is Kitchen Sink... With the Aprocalypse theme & the definitive ending, it allows the players to paint a story for the judges... Someone who has a creative mind will stand out ....

Also before slandering this competition think about the following points...
1) This is a FTB competition, Watchful the admin has the rights to set the rules for the competition... And he has setted these rules base on his pass experience from JAMPACK 1.... Which had a major issue of judging because the packs were totally different, cant judge skyblock packs against a ME^3, they are two different genres!
2) This competition is FREE! You do not have to pay a single cent to stand a chance to win close to a thousand dollar worth of prizes.....
Well said, nobody 'HAS' to compete

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Another question: If anyone with a FTB tag forms a team with non FTB people, does that disqualify them from any prize they would be entitled to otherwise?