JamPacked II

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
I am so pumped up for this!
XD Yeah, I probably should use it.

Last edited:

DragoonPreston

Jul 29, 2019
I'm happy about this Compatition, And I'm happy your happy. But Double+ Posts are not needed, just edit your old post.

I also have to say I think a better theme could have been chosen as there have been a lot of packs with this theme already, however saying that the fact there are a lot of packs with this theme means you have to think out side the normal choices for it to make a pack that can win.

Wish I could enter but all the Unique ideas I have for the Theme would take *me* too long to finish a pack worth playing. I may still give it a go even if i don't finish on time.

I am going to go Write down my ideas now. Looking forward to seeing all the cool packs that come from this.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Welp, okay. I guess I'll just upload a new pack then when it is finished. That way there won't be any problems. Spoiler for you guys, got my modtweaker and minetweaker going. :3
P.S. Does anyone know if it is okay to use Thermal Dynamics, as I found the download....
... NICE.

I love what you've done with the Infusion stuff too - I didn't even know that was possible!!! Very VERY nice :D

Could you use a similar principle to "Fill" redstone conduits? Hmm...

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
... NICE.

I love what you've done with the Infusion stuff too - I didn't even know that was possible!!! Very VERY nice :D

Could you use a similar principle to "Fill" redstone conduits? Hmm...
Thanks! And, if you are wondering, yes this can be used to fill redstone conduits. Let me make a quick one here to show you. : D

Here is a basic example for the redstone energy frame, making the conduits like that would be a bit excessively mean on my part though. All you would have to do is replace the frame with an empty conduit though.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Have to make a new post for the pictures here guys, sorry. :/

Attachments

• 2015-03-17_06.15.29.png
    2015-03-17_06.15.29.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 2015-03-17_06.15.06.png
    2015-03-17_06.15.06.png
    458.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 2015-03-17_06.14.47.png
    2015-03-17_06.14.47.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 2015-03-17_06.14.50.png
    2015-03-17_06.14.50.png
    371.5 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Once I figured out how to do it, about 5 to 7 mins.

If you know the basics on how mods program recipes, then you can do this with ease.

firedingo

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a bit - not without a reason tho.

I agree that themes could make it more challenging, but this theme is a very limited, which i really don't like. And apocalypse in particular is a theme i really dislike, because of all the zombie games, which have been released within the last 2 years. I know you probably would be able to come around the theme apocalypse without focusing too much on zombies, but zombies is the first thing people thing of when hearing "apocalypse".
I had a go at Jampacked the first time around and my pack was a very apocalyptic pack. The key thing is it had very little of zombies in it. In fact it featured the wither far more.

firedingo

Jul 29, 2019
The simplest reason for this is for judging you cannot judge if one pack is totally different from another... Like saying Agrarian skies is better then FTB infinity or vice-versa, One is skyblock, One is Kitchen Sink... With the Aprocalypse theme & the definitive ending, it allows the players to paint a story for the judges... Someone who has a creative mind will stand out ....

Also before slandering this competition think about the following points...
1) This is a FTB competition, Watchful the admin has the rights to set the rules for the competition... And he has setted these rules base on his past experience from JAMPACK 1.... Which had a major issue of judging because the packs were totally different, cant judge skyblock packs against a ME^3, they are two different genres!
2) This competition is FREE! You do not have to pay a single cent to stand a chance to win close to a thousand dollar worth of prizes.....
Exactly you said it perfectly.

firedingo

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to add in here that the stipulations of this competition is merely for this competition. The next one will have completely different rules as well. If you don't like this concept then sit this one out. No one will hold anything against you for having your own opinion. (To each their own). This is all for fun and for possible prizes of course but don't take the fun out of it. It's a game after all.
Exactly! As much as I'd like to participate I really don't have a good idea for this one so I'll wait for the next one.