Introducing JamPacked

Manly_Zealot

Jul 29, 2019
Bonus points for not using another packs configs?
Sign me up.

Couple of quick questions, are we allowed to submit multiple maps or allow players the choice between custom map and normal play?
The way I've arranged my pack allows for the player to generate fresh maps, or use alternative maps without missing out on most of the experience so I'm considering accommodating this option.

Also are there any criteria for SMP compatibility/experience or is it fine to go single player?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Bonus points for not using another packs configs?
Sign me up.

Couple of quick questions, are we allowed to submit multiple maps or allow players the choice between custom map and normal play?
The way I've arranged my pack allows for the player to generate fresh maps, or use alternative maps without missing out on most of the experience so I'm considering accommodating this option.

Also are there any criteria for SMP compatibility/experience or is it fine to go single player?

from OP

The goal of JamPacked is for people to create a modpack and map designed to work together. With regards to the modpack, the only required mod is the Hardcore Questing Mod (you can find the mod at http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/77027-hardcore-questing-mode) which will be the focus of your modpack and map.

it must be a map, it must be built around HQM.

it has been established you may use the FTB Universal configs, but not the configs from BnB, AgSk, or MF2.

you must have permissions for any mods that that require them.

you may not violate any mods license.

since it has not been stated yet, I will rule 1 map entry to be judged on. you can make as many as you wish you will have to choose one to be judged.

you may not use the pack specific versions of mods such as BnBTweaks or AgSk-Forestry.

probably other stuff

Reactions: Jadedcat

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod to set the spawn of a world? Will JadedSpawn do this and if so is it publicly available?

David E. Frenette

Jul 29, 2019
Just an idea, but would it be a good idea to create a specific area on the forums for JamPacked? People can discuss ideas, post completed projects, and vote on maps all in the same board? Allows people who are interested in both the development and even just the final projects to find it all without searching around on the forums? - Sincerely; someone who can not mod, but loves everyone who can.

NicJames2378

Jul 29, 2019
from OP

you may not use the pack specific versions of mods such as BnBTweaks or AgSk-Forestry.

probably other stuff

Does this mean we cannot use mods such as JadedSpawn (I am assuming it is the one that allows you to set the world spawn)?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Does this mean we cannot use mods such as JadedSpawn (I am assuming it is the one that allows you to set the world spawn)?
I think Jaded have us permission earlier in the thread, but like I said before, you can easily do it with MC Edit

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kill-Joy

JACreations

Jul 29, 2019
Just an idea, but would it be a good idea to create a specific area on the forums for JamPacked? People can discuss ideas, post completed projects, and vote on maps all in the same board? Allows people who are interested in both the development and even just the final projects to find it all without searching around on the forums? - Sincerely; someone who can not mod, but loves everyone who can.
Agreed! This is a very good idea!

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

The mod author said you can use that. Its not pack specific. Its named Jaded Spawn because Minalien named the mod after the person who requested it, sort of like Jaded's Blood and Jaded Ladder.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
This pack contains the following mods by default: Vanilla Minecraft

So, is this a ploy to get DireWolf20 to play Vanilla Minecraft? :p
(Seriously, though, does it contain the latest version of Forge for building custom modpacks? This is a feature that I like about another popular launcher, BTW).

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I think we did see Dire play vanilla. Had trouble with Lapis's name, but made some impressive 9x9's.

===

What is "Jaded's Blood" and "Jaded Ladder"?

Blufire13

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a any specific place to post our maps and packs for Jampacked? Like a Thread or a sub-category?

ASolvie

Jul 29, 2019
how do I make said modpack, do u guys have a type of program that would make it easier to install the mods
A Mod pack is just a compiling of mods that you can get to work together but you need to make a map also but is best to make a simple map with good concept of mapping and mods. It can be easy or hard If I was to get some ideas I would ask someone who does not play minecraft and ask them what they like to do then find mods that would be built around it. For example JadedCat made a UHCX Sky block building on the idea of sky block with even more difficulty but while also making it possible with the help of HCQ and crafting recipe changes.

Reactions: JACreations

haxel96

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone possibly link to JadedSpawn please? I can't seem to find it anywhere...
I think you can take jadedspawn.jar from the agrarian skies modpack. I searched but didn't find any download page, I did however notice that OpenEye suggests that Jadedcat made the mod, not Minalien.